Well-Known Australian Body Builder Dies In Thailand Sauna

webfact

Body builder died in Thailand sauna

By 9news.com

Sydney bodybuilder has died after being found unconscious in a sauna in Thailand, 9news online reported Wednesday.

Eastwood man Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian, who was well-known on the Sydney amateur body-building scene, died in Bangkok three days ago after going into cardiac arrest, according to a post on his Facebook fan page.

Mr Shavershian, 22, was rushed to hospital from a Bangkok spa but was unable to be resuscitated.

The Russian-born fitness fanatic was a personal trainer, aspiring model and part-time stripper who began bodybuilding after he finished high school.

The young personal trainer's shocking death has prompted a friend to warn the bodybuilding community of the dangers of taking body supplements and performance enhancers in Thailand.

While Mr Shavershian's cause of death has not been confirmed, New Zealand man Tim Sharky wrote on his Facebook page that he had told his friend to "slow down" in the weeks leading up to his death.

"R.I.P Zyzz… This is a warning for any of you boys coming to Thailand. Thailand is a country with it all.. girls, steroids, growth hormone, it's all here and it's all cheap. I spoke to him the other day and he looked like a kid in a candy shop," Mr Sharky said.

Mr Shavershian thousands of admirers appreciated his muscle-flexing and were inspired by his vision of "getting aesthetic".

"It is a sad day for all of those whose lives Zyzz inspired and motivated. The best way we can cherish his memory is by living life to the fullest, by training hard, getting aesthetic and not taking life too serious," a memorial post on zzyzcentral.com said.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has confirmed a 22-year-old man from New South Wales died in Thailand, the Daily Telegraph reports.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-10

Link to RIP fan page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Aziz-Zyzz-Sergeyevich-Shavershian/107235046043343

from Australia's Daily Telegraph today

August 10, 2011

A PREVIOUSLY undiagnosed congenital heart condition is responsible for the sudden death of popular Sydney bodybuilder Aziz Sergeyevich Shavershian.
The parents of Russian-born Shavershian, known as Zyzz to his fans, today said they had received a copy of their son's official post-mortem from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade which confirmed his tragic cause of death.

They said the 22-year-old had shown some minor symptoms in recent months, including occasional shortness of breath and high blood pressure, and that there was a family history of heart problems.

Edited by Atmos

Question? Which Sauna did he have his unfortunate did he meet his untimely death.

The reporter failed in his coverage of his story or the sauna is a well known sauna that seeks any negative advertising.

I hardly think the name of the sauna is relevant at all. Do you think the sauna are somehow resonsible for his death?

RIP

Simon

• Like 1

Question? Which Sauna did he have his unfortunate did he meet his untimely death.

The reporter failed in his coverage of his story or the sauna is a well known sauna that seeks any negative advertising.

And why is it so important to you to know WHICH sauna he came to his end,as it is clear that the sauna was not the cause of his dead.

And why is it so important to you to know WHICH sauna he came to his end,as it is clear that the sauna was not the cause of his dead.

I agree. There is nothing to suggest anything foul on the part of thais.

^ agree

thought post #2 was clear enough, where his death occurred is hardly relevant; result of post-mortem - previously undiagnosed congenital heart condition

an updated news item

Bodybuilder Aziz 'Zyzz' Shavershian killed by heart defect

August 11, 2011

DESCRIBED by his parents as a "healthy lifestyle freak" who obsessed over his diet and exercise, bodybuilder Aziz Sergeyevich Shavershian died from a previously undiagnosed congenital heart condition.

The family received a copy of the official post-mortem report from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, confirming a previously undiagnosed heart condition caused a cardiac arrest on August 5 while Mr Shavershian was holidaying in Thailand."He had an undiagnosed heart condition which we had no idea about," said Ms Iboian, who found the news most devastating, as she works in cardiology.

"He did have some symptoms. He was short of breath, sometimes he would have high blood pressure, but it only started to show over the last few months." His parents said Mr Shavershian was hard-working and focused, and the former dux of Marist College at Eastwood was about to graduate from his business and commerce degree at the University of Western Sydney.

full story

Edited by Atmos

I would imagine the Thai police are hopping mad at the autopsy report talking about a congenital heart condition as the cause of death...

Now it pretty much leaves the BIB without the ability to conclude the young man's death was an obvious suicide...

The police do have one of those rubber stamps embossed in capital letters with the word SUICIDE that they use for all farang deaths in Thailand. SOP.... B)

The name of the sauna should be revealed because certain saunas are known to be gathering places for gay people engaging in certain activities. Some of these saunas from what i hear are pitch black when you walk in. (im straight)

The name of the sauna should be revealed because certain saunas are known to be gathering places for gay people engaging in certain activities. Some of these saunas from what i hear are pitch black when you walk in. (im straight)

Why is whether gay sex happens in that sauna or any sauna have anything to do with this guy's unfortunate medical event? Sounds really bizarre. For what purpose? So you can throw dirt at this poor dead guy? No I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay or people enjoying gay sex, but frankly I don't think this guy was gay, and if he was, it's rather a moot point now.

Maybe you are suggesting he was having sex and the excitement gave him a heart attack. That wouldn't happen with a healthy young man.

Edited by Jingthing

I have no reason to think or know the just above discussion has any relevance to this man's death...

But on the point Jing has aptly responded to above, I'd daresay the likelihood of someone dropping dead from exertion during sex would be pretty much identical whether the sex happened to be hetero or homo-sexual.... (although I guess the likelihood might be a bit less if the partner was the typical man's wife... :lol:)

And as for "saunas" in Thailand, I have heard that sexual activity has been known to happen in both the hetero and homo-sexual "sauna" settings....

So why exactly are we talking about this again??? :whistling:

RIP Aziz Sergeyevich Shavershian.

Sympathies to the family.

Regarding the sauna/spa identification: would it not be nice to know if you're possibly visiting where a guy died? Not so much to ask is it? It's irrelevant about the sexual nature of the place and its customers, and what goes on there, but wouldn't it be nice to know if someone's spirit might be lurking?

Regarding the sauna/spa identification: would it not be nice to know if you're possibly visiting where a guy died? Not so much to ask is it? It's irrelevant about the sexual nature of the place and its customers, and what goes on there, but wouldn't it be nice to know if someone's spirit might be lurking?

Don't know about spirits lurking in any sauna but going by the posts, there are a few muppets lurking around here!

• Like 1

Why is whether gay sex happens in that sauna or any sauna have anything to do with this guy's unfortunate medical event? Sounds really bizarre. For what purpose? So you can throw dirt at this poor dead guy? No I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay or people enjoying gay sex, but frankly I don't think this guy was gay, and if he was, it's rather a moot point now.

Maybe you are suggesting he was having sex and the excitement gave him a heart attack. That wouldn't happen with a healthy young man.

I agree the sauna nor the sexuality have nothing to do with it. The guy was a playboy/ a ladies man who had a reputation for the love of women, nothing unsual for a young strapping male. He was a fitness junkie and aspiring body builder and again nothing wrong with this. The poor guy had an undiagnosed heart condition from which he was displaying symptons prior to holidaying in Thailand, The extreem training this guy would have undertaken daily would have put a lot of pressure on his heart. The guy did not die in a sauna he went into cadiac arrest and died 3 days later in Hospital. Should we be naming the hospital for a possible link to his death? I think not. Oh what about this little gem that the conspiracy theorists apparently missed. The guy was Russian/Australian maybe he was involved in the Thai Russian Mafia.

People there is nothing untoward in this case, let the guy RIP and stopping digging for mud.

Regarding the sauna/spa identification: would it not be nice to know if you're possibly visiting where a guy died? Not so much to ask is it?

Exactly; it's very relevant. Why has the sauna got nothing to do with it? Someone died in one. It could have had faulty probes/control panel, whatever. Then again, it's probably all good, but that's not the point. People die all the time and everything is revealed, so why the mawkishness.

Well Captain Haddock, call Tintin :)

Incomplete reporting.

This thread demonstrates why people reading news reports draw incorrect conclusions. According to the information I have seen, the deceased was originally brought to the Camillian Hospital on friday night in a comatose state. Rescucitation was attempted, but the patient died. There is no need to speculate on the hospitals as there is no indication of error at the hospital.

If the patient had been showing signs of a heart attack he most likely would have been taken to the Bangkok Heart hospital which is in close proximity to the Camillian. There was no comprehensive autopsy. There was a forensic physical exam of the body reported to have been done at Chulalongkorn Hospital.

It is important to understand the difference between a forensic exam and a clinical post mortem. The forensic exam focuses on indications of a criminal aspect to the death. A clinical exam will usually be more thorough.

The commonly available news reports describe the deceased as a Russian-born fitness fanatic who was a personal trainer, aspiring model and part-time stripper. Additional photos and profile reviews indicate that the deceased had a massive increase in size, weight and muscle mass over a short period of time. One can draw his/her own conclusions as to how that change was achieved.

No verification of steroid use was undertaken and no conclusions were drawn. What was given was the result of physical exam. All that the report says is that the deceased had cardiopulmonary failure and anenlarged heart. This is the immediate cause of death. It is not the identification of the underlying cause of death. These are multiple components of a post mortem exam. For reference purposes the report will show;

1. Immediate Cause of death (Final disease or condition resulting in death)

2,Underlying Cause(s) of death (Final disease or conditions above were due to or as a consequence of)

3. Other significant conditions contributing to death but not resulting in the underlying cause stated in 2.

In plain language, the death is not fully explained by the initial documentation. The limited news reports in no way eliminates the contributing factors such as a strong possibility of a heart condition caused by steroid use. There were no clinical test results reported e.g.liver test etc. Those test can take weeks, not a day. It is no big secret that an enlarged heart (cardiomegaly) is associated with the abuse of anabolic steroids.

For those wanting to know which sauna the man passed out in, you can figure it out if you know the Watthana district. The name of the sauna/club/spa has most likely not been released to spare the business problems that might arise and to also spare the family embarrassment. However, some of the conclusions being drawn on lifestyle are already in the public realm. I doubt the deceased, based upon his public statements, could have cared less what some people might say.

Edited by geriatrickid

Does not matter what sauna/spa he was at when he died. It does not really matter what contributed to his death. He admitted to cycling "enhancers" in his effort to shape his body. We may never know what actually was the cause of his death and in the end it does not matter. He was a young man of 22 who was too young to die. He obviously was living a lifestyle to which he was devote as evidenced by his body. I respect his devotion and hard work as that is what mattered to him. I'm just sorry that he died so young. RIP

Does not matter what sauna/spa he was at when he died. It does not really matter what contributed to his death. He admitted to cycling "enhancers" in his effort to shape his body. We may never know what actually was the cause of his death and in the end it does not matter. He was a young man of 22 who was too young to die. He obviously was living a lifestyle to which he was devote as evidenced by his body. I respect his devotion and hard work as that is what mattered to him. I'm just sorry that he died so young. RIP

There was some devotion it seems in getting his body into such shape, but by reading other sites, he did also use enhancers, which might have contributed to his death.

But at the end of the day, such a shame that a young man has lost his life.

There was some devotion it seems in getting his body into such shape, but by reading other sites, he did also use enhancers, which might have contributed to his death.

But at the end of the day, such a shame that a young man has lost his life.

It sure is a shame, taking enhancers does not diminish the devotion or the hard work it takes to get a body into shape. Yes steroids help but they are no miracle drug that you eat and you wake up with a great body. Without hard work it will not do a thing.

My opinion on steroids is simple its up to the person to use or not use. Some people drink themselves to death and some take too many steroids. But to be honest you must take loads of the stuff and really abuse them to get bad side effects. A single or cycle is not going to kill you.

Yes, we all know you are straight now, and homophobic. But hey, some homophobes behave the way they do to cover up their secret desire for gay sex .. even before themselves. So what can you do now to absolutely positively confirm that you are really really straight? :ph34r:

"R.I.P Zyzz… This is a warning for any of you boys coming to Thailand. Thailand is a country with it all.. girls, steroids, growth hormone, it's all here and it's all cheap. I spoke to him the other day and he looked like a kid in a candy shop..

So the guy comes to Thailand takes to many drugs and dies? How is he NOT another dead idiot. Just because he goes to the gym he is still taking illegal substances. Tough luck. As for the heart condition? Please, give me a break. Of course he did. We all would have heart conditions if we took steroids and growth hormones. Where is the consistency?

Regarding the sauna/spa identification: would it not be nice to know if you're possibly visiting where a guy died? Not so much to ask is it?

Exactly; it's very relevant. Why has the sauna got nothing to do with it? Someone died in one. It could have had faulty probes/control panel, whatever. Then again, it's probably all good, but that's not the point. People die all the time and everything is revealed, so why the mawkishness.

Read the subsequent reports. He had a congenital heart defect. Nothing to do with faulty wiring at the sauna. Naming the spa is pointless as are subsequent discussions about his sexual preferences.

Could it be the "missing gerbils?"

• Like 1

Read the subsequent reports. He had a congenital heart defect. Nothing to do with faulty wiring at the sauna. Naming the spa is pointless as are subsequent discussions about his sexual preferences.

With all due respect, the claim that the deceased had a congenital heart defect was speculation. The autopsy did not state that. All it gave was the immediate cause of death: cardiopulmonary failure. The physical exam showed an enlarged heart. It was the newspapers that claimed a congenital heart defect. The deceased may have indeed had such a disorder, but that cannot be concluded from the one page document that was provided to the Australian embassy, which was in turn faxed to the deceased's brother. No thorough blood chemistry exams results were available at the time. The report that was issued was to allow the repatriation company to take possession of the body and to ship it back to Australia. A basic forensic post mortem exam was performed. If there is to be a complete clinical autopsy, t would have to be done in Australia.