Small Shipment From The Us To Thailand

bangsaenguy

That price can't be right, check again or check with UPS, way, way too high. I just checked the following USPS flat rate for International Priority Mail which I have always found reliable:

USPS-Produced Large Box: 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" or 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3"

Maximum weight 20 pounds.

That costs $55 and some change, so you could ship 60 lbs for $165 that way.

One caution. Shipments via UPS, Fedex, DHL almost always get hit up for customs duties and other fees, almost without fail. Stuff arriving via the PO fares better usually for some reason.

What about just paying for an extra bag? I think it's like $70-100 for a 22kg bag. Most airlines don't weigh the carry on. Last trip back, our two carry ons were close to 15kg each. Then we had 2 checked bags of 22kg each...for free. Plus, you are allowed 2 carry ons. One is a small bag the other is a purse/laptop bag. Both of us had a roller and a backpack...the backpacks were stuffed and weighed a ton.

Just a thought.

shipito.com 70% discount on dhl and fedex rates.

Customs will screw u tho with a 50kg box always attracts their attention. Although all depends on your declared value. However if it is too unbelievable they will put their own value on to it which is always about double what its worth.

And if you want it you have to pay for it. Although you can appeal against their determination of value but be prepared to be without your shipment for 4-6 months :) Easier just to pay it.

Edited by negreanu