Where To Buy Good Eggs In Cm?

jackr

Been in CM for a fair time and while I haven't actively been searching for quality eggs, it seems evident that the majority of places are very poor. I've tried various markets and usually shop at Carrefour for the convenience, although their eggs, and their own dishes, are also terrible. The last straw was this morning when I had to resort to 7/11 eggs :o

So, anyone know of a reliable...ish place in town for eggs, preferably north of the city?

Cheers

Eggs all seem the same to me, but do you know about Aden - the health food store - and Baan Suan Pak - another one - near the President Hotel?

Both sell what I think are organic eggs.

Is that what you are looking for?  :o

Yeah, they'll do as long as they are fresh, don't smell and poach well :D

Never tried duck eggs. Any good?

Cheers

Rimping has some pretty good free-range eggs - in plastic sack with brown string and label nestled in shredded newspaper. ?Name? Small, brown, hard-shelled but tasty - just like the wife really! Better than those giant factory ovas which must make the hens squeak as they exit!

Fosa

slight topic shift....

what are you paying for a flat (30) of size '1' eggs?  the woman where i buy mine keeps changing the price, but it's usually around 90 baht.  does that sound right, or am i getting ripped off?

Sounds right. I usually pay between 32-34 baht for 10 at Lotus. Probably a little cheaper at a local mom and pop shop.

I pay 28 baht for 10 for the largest size in the front of the market on the corner of Suthep and anal road.

Incidentally for the best eggs I go to the place that sells the most and buy the most popular size. The shop sells the most of these and sells out quickly - so they are fresh.

On the other hand the nice boxed brown, organic, free range eggs sell slowly, so they are always 'old' eggs.

Just my theory and explains why I buy the Tesco/Asda etc own brand at 15 for GBP1 eggs in the UK!