Thailand To Shed 'Sex Tourism' Tag Soon

george

Not sure why a diplomat in India stating that they are promoting family tourism is news. This is a non story, although I'm sure this will get lots of ridiculous replies though.

But it stated: 'Soon' right in the title. Doesn't that give it orders of magnitude more credibility? :jap:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A recent World Health Organisation (WHO) report has pegged the number of female prostitutes in the country at 2 lakh.

can someone enlighten me? how much is 2 lakh.?

thaisabai

I was wondering the same - but chickened out about asking in case it was obvious and I was being ignorant or stupid in enquiring when everyone else knew what it means :huh: !!!!

Men from all over the world come her for Thai girls and some for boys, and many for golf. Take the girls out of the equation and what will be the result?

Uhm. I dunno. Busy boys and packed golf courses? :huh:

This is going to be a great thread !!! :rolleyes:

And yes, I am sure that all the Thais who own sex trade businesses, which is most of them by the way, will be a bit surprised by this new direction. I only ask for equal treatment. Meaning when they close down the bar beers, I want to make sure that all the mega massage parlors on Ratchada Road are closed down as well. I will then move to a neighboring country that does not see fit to copy the puritanical laws of the western countries.....

Edited by rhiekel

A recent World Health Organisation (WHO) report has pegged the number of female prostitutes in the country at 2 lakh.

thaisabai

"A lakh (play /ˈlæk/ lak or /ˈlɑːk/ lahk; also lac) is a unit in the Indian numbering system equal to one hundred thousand (100,000; 105). It is widely used both in official and other contexts in Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Pakistan, and is often used in Indian English."

Just for information, there are maybe 7 or 8 flights a day from Hong Kong to Bangkok, mostly all fully booked

What?? with, dirty old men no doubt craving sex with Thai bar girls!!!

You ve obviously never been on these planes.

Mostly groups of young people going to enjoy inflatable boats and shopping

I tell you, times they are a changin

"Although banned by law, prostitution is common place in the tourism districts of Thailand"

Only in toursim districts of Thailand ?...... are we sure about that Khun Tomwit ?....I seem to recall vast numbers of "entertaiment" complexes in one of the more prominent business areas of BKK and not a tourist district for miles....:whistling:

As I look out of my window and survey the Ratchadapisek landscape unfolding in front of me I am inclined to concur!

I also recal with amussement the view from the old TAT head offices.... rub a dub dubs galore with signage in thai and chinese ;-)

This is just a fairy tale story. Take a look at GURU from Bangkok Post this week. There is a big advertisement of Russian Strippers. Wow now they get a WP ! I wonder if they have any "academic" certificates ?

Good to know you read the BP from cover to cover!

Whether or not the Russian girls have qualifications is purely academic and that is the certified truth :-)

Men from all over the world come her for Thai girls and some for boys, and many for golf. Take the girls out of the equation and what will be the result?

Pattaya would be a ghost town with those fluffy round bushes (tumbleweed apparently) blowing around in the empty soi's and with the sheriff twiddling his thumbs wondering where the tea money is going to come from!!!:unsure:

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Maybe they should take advantage of both the 'sex' and the 'family' markets and start to promote Thailand as the incest capital of the world? :whistling:

No problem! Thailand would have to compete only with India, Central Europe and Oriskany Falls, N.Y. according to a quick Google search. A piece of cake (pardon the expression).

thaisabai

"A lakh (play /ˈlæk/ lak or /ˈlɑːk/ lahk; also lac) is a unit in the Indian numbering system equal to one hundred thousand (100,000; 105). It is widely used both in official and other contexts in Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Pakistan, and is often used in Indian English."

if there are only 2 lahk working girls, I wonder what the other million or so are called?

thaisabai

thanks Lothda, always good to learn something new, even in my age!

The Shinawatra are clearly back in the driving seat

Yes, Jurgen, but what's going on in the back seat. And since the Shinawatra are in the driving seat can I assume Yingluck is sitting in Big Brother's lap?

Get serious man.

The sex industry, and yes,it is an industry, here in Thailand is controlled by powerful Thais and patronised 90% by Thais.

The visible areas of Pattaya, Cowboy, Nana, Patpong,Patong etc are catering to those males who decide whether to go to Thailand, Cambodia or the Philippines for their sexercise.

Take the ladies out of the bars and watch Issan erupt.

BTW if it isn't European or so called westerners visiting for the night life then it is planeloads of Koreans, Japanese & Chinese and they are not all on the beaches making sandcastles and eating fried shrimps.:unsure:

Edited by ratcatcher

Pattaya would be a ghost town with those fluffy round bushes blowing around in the empty soi's and with the sheriff twiddling his thumbs wondering where the tea money is going to come from!!!:unsure:

Pattaya is a nice place when you know where to go, the best places don't actually cater to sex tourists.

I'm sure Pattaya residents could confirm that.

thaisabai

Lakh is an old term for 100,000. Laks are still used in India.

Pattaya would be a ghost town with those fluffy round bushes blowing around in the empty soi's and with the sheriff twiddling his thumbs wondering where the tea money is going to come from!!!:unsure:

Pattaya is a nice place when you know where to go, the best places don't actually cater to sex tourists.

I'm sure Pattaya residents could confirm that.

Most Pattaya residents wouldn't live there for any other reasons than the sex.

This is so typical that Thailand is sex, sex, sex. So Switzerland is watches, watches, watches.

I lived all over the world and nowhere did not have what Pattaya offer, just not so obvious. Yes! Even Iran!

So then ... living all over the world as you have ... which country is watches sex, watches sex, watches sex?

Just for information, there are maybe 7 or 8 flights a day from Hong Kong to Bangkok, mostly all fully booked

What?? with, dirty old men no doubt craving sex with Thai bar girls!!!

You ve obviously never been on these planes.

Mostly groups of young people going to enjoy inflatable boats and shopping

I tell you, times they are a changin

Sorry!!! never been to HK - I think you've inadvertently made a couple of mistakes in your posting. I think you really mean inflatable dolls and sh***ing!!B)

Why are you continually promoting Bob Dylan??? has he just released an album of some of his golden oldies???

Edited by SICHONSTEVE