Air Asia Flights To Ubon Reduced To One A Day

SantiSuk

I noticed today that Air Asia's morning service to Ubon and back to Bangkok has been dropped. Looks like a temporary seasonal thing (to give more capacity to popular summer routes further south no doubt) as it looks as though it comes back on September 11.

Down to 5 return flights a day, rather than 6. Still good cover but I used AA's morning plane a lot; Nok goes to DM which is usually inconvenient for me (but cheap if you get up super early) and Thai is still normally 25% dearer.

Be very careful if you are planning a one day return trip to Bangkok on AA. As I found out nearly to my cost last night, if you think you can go out to Bangkok in the morning and come back in the evening their ridiculous web-site will book you to go out from Bangkok in the evening and return to Bangkok on the same plane! Of course you are unlikely to get your money back if you don't read your itinerary carefully. What kind of idiots do they employ for web-site engineering?

I also noticed that when you select Ubon as a departure location then Chiang Mai now comes up as a possible destination. That route is not yet showing on their schedule, so it may just be a mistake. Would be good if we can go North and South as well as to Bangkok.

CNX-UBP return has been mentioned in isaan forum, but you can't book as yet, I'm hoping it's guuna be advertised 2 months from 1st flight, which is end of month.

regards songhklasid B)

Is that Ubon-Chiang Mai non-stop? Or through BKK?

CNX-UBP return has been mentioned in isaan forum, but you can't book as yet, I'm hoping it's guuna be advertised 2 months from 1st flight, which is end of month.

regards songhklasid B)

I read on isaan board previously that A.A. were starting flts CNX-UBP31 sept return flying mon, wed, fri, tues & thurs CNX-udon, but I tried booking cannot as yet,

regards songhklasid.B)

regards songhklasid B)

I read on isaan board previously that A.A. were starting flts CNX-UBP31 sept return flying mon, wed, fri, tues & thurs CNX-udon, but I tried booking cannot as yet,

regards songhklasid.B)

Excellent. My wife has a daughter up there. No more 4 days of driving each time. No more having to fill the SUV with the whole extended family (and pay for their hotel!).

Citizens of Chiang Mai - welcome to Ubon - gateway to Southern Laos, Vietnam and an alternative route into Angkor Wat (if you are of independent traveller mind).

AA deleted the ubn-bkk morning flight from their website now.

I read yesterday that Thai Smile Airways, another low cost subsidiary of Thai Airways International will be flying the Ubn-bkk route beginning next July. I think AA is just being smart and focusing on profitable routes.

AA was also good as it was after the rush hour and with the new City Line you can get to town in 30 minutes and 1/6 the cost of a taxi. AA was nice as could fly round trip for a one way fare on Thai Air.

AA deleted the ubn-bkk morning flight from their website now.

I read yesterday that Thai Smile Airways, another low cost subsidiary of Thai Airways International will be flying the Ubn-bkk route beginning next July. I think AA is just being smart and focusing on profitable routes.

AA was also good as it was after the rush hour and with the new City Line you can get to town in 30 minutes and 1/6 the cost of a taxi. AA was nice as could fly round trip for a one way fare on Thai Air.

?????

What are you looking at UbonTaz? It comes back in mid September, like my OP posting said.

I have just gone on the website and I can book the morning flight on 12 September and thereafter

You had me worried for a minute there.

PS my OP said we are down to 5 flights a day. Actually it is 6 - 3 Nok, 2 Thai and 1 Air Asia. There should be 7 from 12 Sep and goodness knows how many if and when Thai Smile gets on the route. Plus 3 a week to Phuket plus some potentially to Chiang Mai = it is becoming well used. Still not much use for the air bridges! Still a misnamed 'International Airport' :rolleyes:. Would love to see some enterprising sort start up a Vientianne to Ubon to Phnom Penh service, or Ubon to Hanoi.

Are you sure, I looked on AA's flts & schedule website, which goes to oct. 2012, No mention of CNX-UBP, I thought they would be in big advertisement mode upbeating the new flights, I'm still in Aus now, be @ my house in sankhaemphang late oct, & wanting to fly to ubon maybe 1/11/11, would be good to be on the 1st flights, I will keep checking this website & hopefully hear some positive news shortly, even if 2000 baht, it's still cheaper than 2 flts via BKK.

regards songhklasid B)

Are you sure, I looked on AA's flts & schedule website, which goes to oct. 2012, No mention of CNX-UBP, I thought they would be in big advertisement mode upbeating the new flights, I'm still in Aus now, be @ my house in sankhaemphang late oct, & wanting to fly to ubon maybe 1/11/11, would be good to be on the 1st flights, I will keep checking this website & hopefully hear some positive news shortly, even if 2000 baht, it's still cheaper than 2 flts via BKK.

regards songhklasid B)

If you go to this page: http://www.airasia.com/th/en/flightinfo/flightschedule.page?

And choose Ubon as your place of origin then they show but its not possible to book yet.

why would anyone book a return ticket on a LCC ? this will always be inconvenient with less possibilities to make changes to the itinerary. if booking a ticket on a LCC (not only Airasia, but as well the likes of NOK, Orient Thai - not for the faint hearted - Tiger, Jetstar, Firefly, Lion, CEP Pacific..... ) it is always the better option to book two separate tickets