Plans For Thailand To Send A Man Into Space

britmaveric

Meeting discusses plans for Thailand to send a man into space

At the Siam Bayview Hotel in South Pattaya, a meeting was held prompted by comments from the Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra regarding future plans to initiate a space program here in Thailand. He has already set up an astronaut training program and intends to send Thai’s into space within the next 10 years.

This meeting was convened by the legal branch of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was chaired by Khun Wirapan. Thailand will have to submit their proposal to enter space with the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space which is a branch of the United Nations set up in 1959 to review the scope of international cooperation in peaceful uses of outer space, and to study legal problems arising from the exploration of outer space.

-Pattaya City News

Saturday 29th October 2005

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will the space craft have broken windows and wiring on the outside too?

oh dear , the mind boggles at the thought of thais in space.

will they wear their space helmets on the back of their heads like the bike boys ?

Will the female astronauts ride side saddle?

Will there be 5 people (two of them holding kids) piled into a two man capsule?

If they bump into the space shuttle will they just light the rockets and zoom away?

How many 12call/D-tac/Kratindeng stickers will be on the outside of the capsule?

cv

comments from the Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra regarding future plans to initiate a space program here in Thailand.

Let’s look at the positive side of this: he is communicating his priorities. That’s called transparency in government, something that is lacking in a lot of other countries.

Anyway, isn’t it nice to know that Thailand has no bigger worries than to send a man into space? :o

I understand that from the responses in another thread that farangs only complain because they actually like Thailand.

And perhaps I can also try to understand that it's because they love the Thais that they would look for every opportunity to mock the Thai people.

I wonder how many posters here would give the same comments up in front of a Thai. Oh perhaps they will, isn't it part of farang's culture to speak out their minds?

The above posts are encouraging, aren't they? Thais should stick to the fields and grow crops. Imagining themselves associated with technology is just unrealistic. They have done extremely well already to have people who could lay their hands on a computer keyboard!

Sorry to spoil the party here. But honestly curious to why these are words that come out from the people who actually claim they like Thailand.

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike the posts. They are not hypocritical at least.

Hope I don't get banned. Flames welcomed. :o

If the PM actually uttered this then it takes the cake - I would like to see him on that bicycle - :o:D:D:D:D The mind boggles -

For gawds sake close this before he takes up the challenge and sets a take off date (which will probably coincide with his next landing at the newly launched - opened one runway airport . :D:D stop enough BambinA please take charge.

Let me out of this box I want to go with him :D did I say that :burp: guilty your honour - extenuating circumstances have led me astray :D

Edited by mijan24

will the space craft have broken windows and wiring on the outside too?

oh dear , the mind boggles at the thought of thais in space.

will they wear their space helmets on the back of their heads like the bike boys ?

Will the female astronauts ride side saddle?

Will there be 5 people (two of them holding kids) piled into a two man capsule?

If they bump into the space shuttle will they just light the rockets and zoom away?

How many 12call/D-tac/Kratindeng stickers will be on the outside of the capsule?

cv

ROFL - this is a very entertaining thread.

In response to Meemiathai, I hope the Thais can take the joke if they are reading this. Seriously, if the government leaders are really going to do this, I wish them well. There are some very capable people here.

But my first reaction .........

:o:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Bryan in Isaan

I don't understand why you find it funny.

Taksin has said he wants to put a thai man into space.

Nothing very difficult there.

He said nothing about bringing him back, thats the difficult part.

I am told his first preferred astronaut is Khun Chewit .