Trains, Planes & Automobiles - Getting to and from Hua Hin

cdnvic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/28/2017 at 12:34 AM, YorkshireTyke said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/614770915277919/permalink/1547648888656779/?sale_post_id=1547648888656779

I've used Nat's taxi service several times this year as have friends. Always on time and good drivers. 1,600 Baht airport to HH. Send her message on Line, usually responds quickly.

Thanks!, do you have Nat's phone number so I can text her via Line, the facebook link post was removed.

• 6 months later...

Have there been any updates about the [kind-of] planned ferry from Hua Hin to Bang Pu (Samut Prakan)? I'm not holding my breath, but I'm really hoping that becomes a reality by the time I retire (2025) and buy a house in HH, since my gf already has an apartment not far from Bang Pu...it would really be nice for it to be a 2.5 hour trip as opposed to a 5 hours (adding an hour for getting through Bangkok from Samut Prakan).

• 5 months later...
On 6/14/2018 at 7:09 AM, Chou Anou said:

Have there been any updates about the [kind-of] planned ferry from Hua Hin to Bang Pu (Samut Prakan)? I'm not holding my breath, but I'm really hoping that becomes a reality by the time I retire (2025) and buy a house in HH, since my gf already has an apartment not far from Bang Pu...it would really be nice for it to be a 2.5 hour trip as opposed to a 5 hours (adding an hour for getting through Bangkok from Samut Prakan).

The ferry is back up and running.,..

9 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

There's no ferry from Hua Hin to Samut Prakan as far as I'm aware. There's a ferry from Hua Hin to Pattaya but that's it for the moment. They keep talking about plans for other routes but none of them are operating yet.

Sorry, misread....I haven't seen mention of a ferry to Samut Prakan in the Post, but there is no shortage of illusions of grandeaur here, especially using others' money.  The current ferry did cease for a few months..claiming rough seas...1200 per trip approx...a little like super choo-choo..all style, little substance and very questionable sustainability.  So few of each side wants to be on the other side.

31 minutes ago, moontang said:

I haven't seen mention of a ferry to Samut Prakan in the Post

It's been mentioned in a number of different articles in various publications but as you suggest, it's all just 'pie in the sky' at the moment.

Here's an example from a 2016 article in Hua Hin Today.

Cross Gulf Ferry Agreement

As it says in this article:

"The project concept is to connect Pattaya to Hua Hin, Samut Prakan to Hua Hin, and Samut Prakan to Pattaya."

• 2 months later...

Going from BKK to Hua Hin.

Mini Vans are getting too dangerous and dropped us on the curb to wait -twice. Wait for what ...we never found out.

Bell Transportation from Suvarnabhumi Airport says you may NOT book by walk-up. Online only;

"From Suvanabhumi Airport to Pattaya, Bell can not accept walk-in customers. Advance booking via website only!!! (Announced Sept 20th, 2016)"

ReallY? TIT afterall!

Ekamai is eastern Seaboard service, so not from there.

Mo Chit not the way either, we need the Southern bus terminal. That's quit a taxi bill on its own.

So to use Bell from Suvarnabhumi to Hua Hin it's 269B each person, one way.

We'd need to catch the BTS at Ekkamai to Payathai and transfer to the Airport Link Express Line. And hope to make the Bell bus on time.

There must be an easy and cheap way to get between BKK and Hua Hin... TIT

Update; We booked Bell Transportation Service. The 269B x2 passengers for 538B turns out to be 840B.

50B to book online, which is a must-do.

And an awful exchange rate on my credit card (to book online).

That's about 55% over the posted fare.

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2019 at 6:20 AM, ding said:

There must be an easy and cheap way to get between BKK and Hua Hin... TIT

You say you need the Southern bus terminal?

Or BKK airport?

This I know is current:

155 baht full size bus (older but aircon) Hua Hin to Southern bus terminal 4x daily, 6x daily Fri and Sun.

Bus stop right near night market within view of green truck/taxi stop.

Archived