Guys Who've Been To Kuala Lumpur Help Please

I would like some help in where to stay whilst waiting for a visa application? I will go via Air-Asia. Appreciate any advice if you've done this trip for a visa. Obviously the cheapest would be the best, I just want to stay the least amount of time I have too whilst I sit and wait!!!!

Also anyone know of a cheap carrier or even if you can go by coach (I'd consider it) for a return journey? It doesn't matter what combination I input the return fair is 3 times as much due to the 2/3 day wait for the ###### visa application process and the fact AirAsia only operates an afternoon flight which will make it a non-starter for me to get in the Embassy the same day as flying to get theball rolling!!!!!

Appreciate anyones thoughts or advice.

Mak

OP take note this week Malaysia will be on a long leave due to the muslim and indian festival the whole week. Better plan your visa runs next or mid of next week onwards.

As for taking a coach back to LOS, where are you at the moment? If you are in bangkok, the journey from Hadyai to Bangkok will take roughly 12 to 14 hours (if you take the express bus that is). And from KL to Hadyai is just 8 hours. In all the total cost would barely touch THB 1000. Just that you would have to travel the entire day in a bus.

As where to stay, there's a lot of cheap hotels (RM 90.00 to RM 150.00) around the golden triangle area and getting to the embassy is roughly around 10 minutes by taxi (without heavy traffic).

Explorer :o

Hi Explorer,

Many thanks, I'm currently in Phuket and the longest I can leave it is the 12th of November, without having to do a 30 day border visit. But if the holidays go on after this I'll have too I suppose. I was going to go on the actual 12th which is the cheapest flight available via AA, It's just I can't then even lodge an application until the monday morning- with the frustration of hanging around over the weekend. By what you say it appears this will be the most likely option now though.

That's a fair old stint from KL-HY-HKT on the coach too, where do you get one from in KL? Although, the fair for just the return with AirAsia including tax is about 4000 Baht.

Thanks for the hotel advice too. Do you think it's worth a little extra to use one of the visa services that are no doubt superfluous around the hotels as in Penang, or has anyone else used one in KL?

Oh, and Penang is a no no for me just to save someone recommending the switch!

Thanks

Mak

Bukit Bintang definately.

You are near the centre of KL, near Petronas, near Jalan Ampang (short taxi drive) and right by loads of shops. Times Square is a quick hop on the sky train.

Go to BB Plaza, near the Sky Train, they sell everything there!

Hi Explorer,

Many thanks,  I'm currently in Phuket and the  longest I can leave it is the 12th of November, without having to do a 30 day border visit.  But if the holidays go on after this I'll have too I suppose.  I was going to go on the actual 12th which is the cheapest flight available via AA, It's just I can't then even lodge an application until the monday morning- with the frustration of hanging around over the weekend.  By what you say it appears this will be the most likely option now though.

That's a fair old stint from KL-HY-HKT on the coach too, where do you get one from in KL?  Although, the fair for just the return with AirAsia including tax is about 4000 Baht.

Thanks for the hotel advice too. Do you think it's worth a little extra to use one of the visa services that are no doubt superfluous around the hotels as in Penang, or has anyone else used one in KL?

Oh, and Penang is a no no for me just to save someone recommending the switch!

Thanks

Mak

Mak,

The holidays are only within this week, i believe everything should be back to normal by mid of next week.

If you are up in KL by the 12th then i suppose you would have no choice but to "enjoy" the city of KL. The beers are kinda expensive there.

On your return back from KL, you could get your bus at Puduraya bus station. The tickets are selling outside of the "complex".

TIPS - Go for the booth (in red) that is right next to the cross-over bridge outside of puduraya. They have reliable busses to Hadyai daily but not sure of the timing.

Most of the booth would have a picture of what type of bus they are using, so you could choose from there also.

When you are in Hadyai, there are a few choices of transportation to Phuket. Just be wise.

As for the visa services in KL, i have never used them and i would not dare to recommend either. I have often go to the embassy on my own and if you think your number will be called out within 30 or 40 minutes, you could always pay a visit at the Holiday Villa apartments (opposite the embassy) coffee shop for some refreshments.

Explorer :o