Why Are Most Ladyboys Taller Than Average?

drronnie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Italy in the 1800's and earlier it was common to casterate boys with good voices to sing in opera's. This was done so there voice would not change with the production of toestesterone when they matured. They were called Casterato's and with the lak of toestertoerone that would grow to be very very tall, and also die quite young.

Perhaps there is the same effect with the ladyboys.

With the hormones many of them take they are effectivley chemically casterated (excuse the spelling)

Ken

Edited by kwonitoy

In Italy in the 1800's and earlier it was common to casterate boys with good voices to sing in opera's. This was done so there voice would not change with the production of toestesterone when they matured. They were called Casterato's and with the lak of toestertoerone that would grow to be very very tall, and also die quite young.

With the hormones many of them take they are effectivley chemically casterated (excuse the spelling)

Ken

Good theory, but I doubt the ladyboys start taking the hormones at a young age.

Something that's puzzled me too, please, someone come up with a [sensible] answer.

I think it's the case that we only notice ladyboys who are taller than average. They stand out because of their beauty and height.

What we fail to notice are the thousands of ladyboys who are of average or less than average height. We fail to notice them because they blend in with all the other girls.

Ladyboys come in all shapes and sizes. That said, it does seem to be the case that ladyboys working in the sex industry are often quite tall.

'taller than average' ?

Only good if the average is known

well here is a start: figures from a Nation news report in 2009, comparing data with 1982

Thai men below 50 years of age average height of 169.38cms - 7.2cms taller

Thai women under 50 years old average height of 156.89cms, up 5cm

source

for people who don't relate to cms

169.38 cm = 5' 7"

156.89cm = 5'2"

As with all stats we could argue their reliability for all eternity; this is even more likely to occur here.

To eternity . . . and beyond!

And some data from Wiki with heights from around the world

Let the debate continue.

'taller than average' ?

Only good if the average is known

well here is a start: figures from a Nation news report in 2009, comparing data with 1982

Thai men below 50 years of age average height of 169.38cms - 7.2cms taller

Thai women under 50 years old average height of 156.89cms, up 5cm

source

for people who don't relate to cms

169.38 cm = 5' 7"

156.89cm = 5'2"

As with all stats we could argue their reliability for all eternity; this is even more likely to occur here.

To eternity . . . and beyond!

And some data from Wiki with heights from around the world

Let the debate continue.

Right. Now we know the national average all we need is someone to measure all of the ladyboys in the kingdom.

Ronnie, you up for it?

Oh Dear,!! We do have some wacky ones ,don't we?. I have to admit ,I have absolutely no answer. It has nothing to do with heel size. Nor the ingestion of drugs during their growth stages.They don't start taking drugs , to grow their breasts ,until into their twenties. So many of them , with or without breast augmentation ,are VERY tall. And amazingly beautiful - hadn't you noticed??. I taught at Rajaphat Suan Dusit University for many years. They had a beauty contest ,every year. One year ,a ladyboy won supremely. "She" was the most beautiful "girl" on Campus. Stunning was not too strong a word, to describe her. The most interesting thing, was that No-One was at all jealous. Every "real "girl recognised , how beautiful she was.And deserved to win.

Ken

Most start in their teens. And since folks continue to 'grow' until a little after the end of puberty (which isn't fixed of course... but the end is mostly between the ages of 16 and 19), many are undertaking various hormone treatments during part of their growth stage. How it'll affect any particular individual is open to debate, but they are most certainly playing with one of the key aspects that determines height (in addition to exercise and nutrition).

:)

Ken

Most start in their teens. And since folks continue to 'grow' until a little after the end of puberty (which isn't fixed of course... but the end is mostly between the ages of 16 and 19), many are undertaking various hormone treatments during part of their growth stage. How it'll affect any particular individual is open to debate, but they are most certainly playing with one of the key aspects that determines height (in addition to exercise and nutrition).

:)

I would estimate that at least half don't take hormones if you look at the ladyboy population as a whole and not just those in entertainment areas.

Does this phenomena only apply to Thai?

As it's more common for Asian transgendered types to be of the shorter scale [per population].

Do you mean that Asian lady boys are short in general when compared to the average Asian male?