Why Are Most Ladyboys Taller Than Average?

drronnie

It is actually very easy to figure out. I don't want to be the one to tell you though. My reputation is bad enough as it is. Go to a lady boy bar and ask any of the straight guys who look like they have been in Pattaya for a while (I don't want to explain that either) and they will tell you.

As scientific as that sounds, I think I'll stick with plain Jane logic. She's plain but reliable enough.

:)

I knew you had been here a long time but I didn't realise you went to college in Thailand.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually very easy to figure out. I don't want to be the one to tell you though. My reputation is bad enough as it is. Go to a lady boy bar and ask any of the straight guys who look like they have been in Pattaya for a while (I don't want to explain that either) and they will tell you.

As scientific as that sounds, I think I'll stick with plain Jane logic. She's plain but reliable enough.

I knew you had been here a long time but I didn't realise you went to college in Thailand.

You "realised" wrong. I went to collage here. It mostly involved glue and scissors.

:-|

Edited by Heng

Probably down to the eastrogen they pump into chickens to make them grow quicker here... [sic] and I really do think it is down to the extra hormones they pump into the food chain

Bit of a myth.

This is a practice largely endured in industriased Western food systems.

It's a genetic thing.

Probably down to the eastrogen they pump into chickens to make them grow quicker here... [sic] and I really do think it is down to the extra hormones they pump into the food chain

Bit of a myth.

It's a genetic thing.

No, it's a social engineering thing.

You're just not noticing all the short ones

A friend of mine told me,(not me of course) this friend told me there was this lady boy site that if you knew how you could search for lady boys by height. I, of course don't know this for a fact because my friend told me but on that site there were only 2 out of 50 lady boys that were short. The rest you could recruit for your Thai basketball team. But he said it was like finding a needle in a haystack to find a short lady boy.

Its actually not difficult to find a needle in a haystack; you just dive in till you feel a prick

Pretty much the same as karaoke or politics

SC

Or a novice tourist with his first 'lady'. :D

Bit of a myth.

It's a genetic thing.

No, it's a social engineering thing.

It's not, and you know it.

You "realised" wrong. I went to collage here. It mostly involved glue and scissors.

:-|

I hope I didn't offend. I was just trying to give you some information and stay within the bounds of TV posting etiquette. TV is is a bit homophobic and even a bit more lady boy phobic. But anyone who knows 40 or 50 lady boys in a personal way can give you a good idea of how many take hormones and how many don't.

I think its a myth.

Lets take one of the popular bars in Nana Plaza, i.e. Obsessions or Cascade for example. The vast majority of the 'girls' dancing there are not particularly tall, perhaps taller than a similar number of Thai women but not significantly so IMHO.

Londo

Lets assume for discussion sake that any area that you can isolate is a random sample. Go to 2 lady boy bars in Nana. 2 malls. 2 bars on Soi six. 2 lady boy go go's in Pattaya. Walk on Beach road for two meters. Estimate the height of ten lady boys at each area. This give us a sample of 100 people. Put them in two categories, over 160 centimeters and under 160 centimeters. You will get 5 lady boys under 160 centimeters and 95 over.

In case you wondered what I did with my spare time.

Average male height in Thailand is 168cm so of course most ladyboys are going to be over 160

But anyone who knows 40 or 50 lady boys in a personal way

Does your mother or wife know about this?

Mom is dead, may she rest in peace. Wives are all ex wives and I think they would consider 40 or 50 lady boys an upgrade from what they accused me of cohabiting with during the divorce proceedings.

I think its a myth.

Lets take one of the popular bars in Nana Plaza, i.e. Obsessions or Cascade for example. The vast majority of the 'girls' dancing there are not particularly tall, perhaps taller than a similar number of Thai women but not significantly so IMHO.

Londo

Lets assume for discussion sake that any area that you can isolate is a random sample. Go to 2 lady boy bars in Nana. 2 malls. 2 bars on Soi six. 2 lady boy go go's in Pattaya. Walk on Beach road for two meters. Estimate the height of ten lady boys at each area. This give us a sample of 100 people. Put them in two categories, over 160 centimeters and under 160 centimeters. You will get 5 lady boys under 160 centimeters and 95 over.

In case you wondered what I did with my spare time.

Average male height in Thailand is 168cm so of course most ladyboys are going to be over 160

Someone is thinking. That is an astute observation.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that short men in Thailand are raging heterosexuals. Or France for that matter. DSK is a little fellow and the maid he supposedly attacked towered over him in height. DSK is a long fellow too. I have always thought that short men have higher than average libidos and lots of women.

I think this would run counter to the tall macho guy image. Actually it should be a tall gay image. When I see a tall guy I think gay or potential lady boy.

I hope I didn't offend. I was just trying to give you some information and stay within the bounds of TV posting etiquette. TV is is a bit homophobic and even a bit more lady boy phobic. But anyone who knows 40 or 50 lady boys in a personal way can give you a good idea of how many take hormones and how many don't.

Nah, you'd have a better chance of offending Thaksin or Chuwit. I was just disagreeing with your sampling method and logic therein. Presuming that the goal of your 'methodology' isn't just to get to know a lot of post and pre-op transgendered folks, unless you were actually the one doing the injecting or at least prescribing of meds, one couldn't really come to any conclusion as to who was actually on meds or not (to support your original claim that 'at least half' were not on meds... and presumably naturally tall, or tall for some other reason). Because in the end, it'd come down to some claim on your part like 'trust me, I could tell...' or 'I knew them really well...'

:lol:

... When I see a tall guy I think gay or potential lady boy.

What a strange thing to think!

When I see a tal chap, I think "my word! What a tall chap!"

"I wonder if he clangs his head on the MRT doorways"

I reckon about 50% of ladyboys are taller than average

SC

EDIT: Though the OP pre-assumed that most ladyboys were taller than average, and was asking why?

I don't know which average he meant, though. I would reckon about 50% of ladyboys were taller than average for their population, but that the average height of ladyboys may be more or less than the average height of Thai males, transsexuals world-wide, the Thai adult population, or any other group.

Why are posters on TV so interested in ladyboys?

Edited by StreetCowboy

Nah, you'd have a better chance of offending Thaksin or Chuwit. I was just disagreeing with your sampling method and logic therein. Presuming that the goal of your 'methodology' isn't just to get to know a lot of post and pre-op transgendered folks, unless you were actually the one doing the injecting or at least prescribing of meds, one couldn't really come to any conclusion as to who was actually on meds or not (to support your original claim that 'at least half' were not on meds... and presumably naturally tall, or tall for some other reason). Because in the end, it'd come down to some claim on your part like 'trust me, I could tell...' or 'I knew them really well...'

:lol:

No, actually it would come down to whether they could get an erection. I, of course could be wrong but I think the meds prevent being, to use the vernacular, a top.

... When I see a tall guy I think gay or potential lady boy.

What a strange thing to think!

When I see a tal chap, I think "my word! What a tall chap!"

"I wonder if he clangs his head on the MRT doorways"

I reckon about 50% of ladyboys are taller than average

SC

EDIT: Though the OP pre-assumed that most ladyboys were taller than average, and was asking why?

I don't know which average he meant, though. I would reckon about 50% of ladyboys were taller than average for their population, but that the average height of ladyboys may be more or less than the average height of Thai males, transsexuals world-wide, the Thai adult population, or any other group.

Why are posters on TV so interested in ladyboys?

That is a really interesting question, why are TV posters so interested in lady boys. It deserves a thread of its own. Why don't you start one. I think I know why, but I could be wrong. I think the people that are interested in lady boys are in the closet, and playing with lady boys they are allowed the opportunity to do all the gay things they want to but stay in the closet and say they are heterosexual (not talking about post ops). That is like having your cake and eating it too, if you get what I mean. :o

I have always thought that short men have higher than average libidos

I think this would run counter to the tall macho guy image. Actually it should be a tall gay image. When I see a tall guy I think gay or potential lady boy.

Good morning Khun "Cuban Heels" Kerry.

I can see now why you talk so much about your sexual encounters.

By the way, I have a book you may wish to borrow. It's about Napolean.

I have always thought that short men have higher than average libidos

Good morning Khun "Cuban Heels" Kerry.

I can see now why you talk so much about your sexual encounters.

By the way, I have a book you may wish to borrow. It's about Napolean.

Andrew you seem to be laboring under the assumption that I care. I don't. Try posting something about the topic rather than your personal opinion of me. I don't care what you think about me and I am pretty sure no one else does either.

I realize it is easier to insult me than deal with the topic but could you try? It would make the thread more fun and more interesting. :jap:

When I see a tall guy I think gay or potential lady boy.

When I see a man of any height, the last thing I think of is his sexual orientation.

Do you have sub-categories for givers and takers?

You mean like pitchers and catchers?

When I see a tall guy I think gay or potential lady boy.

When I see a man of any height, the last thing I think of is his sexual orientation.

Do you have sub-categories for givers and takers?

You mean like pitchers and catchers?

...or bowlers and batsmen.

In Italy in the 1800's and earlier it was common to casterate boys with good voices to sing in opera's. This was done so there voice would not change with the production of toestesterone when they matured. They were called Casterato's and with the lak of toestertoerone that would grow to be very very tall, and also die quite young.

Perhaps there is the same effect with the ladyboys.

With the hormones many of them take they are effectivley chemically casterated (excuse the spelling)

Ken

Good theory, but I doubt the ladyboys start taking the hormones at a young age.

It is not uncommon at all nowadays that Thai boys start their hormone treatment at 13-14, and in many cases prior to puberty. Edited by Forethat

Gosh some people don't seem to be thinking very logically here at all!

Just a moment's consideration would suggest that if female hormones caused people to become taller, then women would be taller than men!! So that's clearly not a rational suggestion, is it!

In actual fact, estrogens have been used in the past, controversially, to stop the growth of girls who were thought to be getting too tall:

Tall Girls

The Social Shaping of a Medical Therapy

Joyce M. Lee, MD, MPH; Joel D. Howell, MD, PhD

Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006;160:1035-1039.

During the latter half of the 20th century, estrogen therapy was administered to prevent otherwise healthy girls with tall stature from becoming tall adults by inhibiting further linear growth. We explore how decisions to treat tall girls with estrogen were influenced by both scientific knowledge and sociologic norms. Estrogen therapy represented the logical application of scientific knowledge regarding the role of estrogen for closure of the growth plates, but it also reflected prevailing societal and political beliefs about what it meant to be a tall girl. We discuss the rise and fall in popularity of this therapy and suggest that insight into the present-day treatment of short stature can be gained by comparing the use of estrogen therapy for tall girls with the use of growth hormone therapy for short boys. We suggest that this case study illustrates how scientific knowledge is always created and applied within a particular social context.