Why Are Most Ladyboys Taller Than Average?

drronnie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find amazing is, you can look at a group of ladyboys then turn your head to look at the nearest group of motobike taxi drivers, and it boggles the mind to think they are even from the same species.

I don't say this to be mean, but you can't find an uglier group of guys than those who drive motobike taxis. They usually have very heavy brows, super wide cheek bones, a smashed nose, and often have a neanderthal look, probably due to inbreeding in Issaan. The same inbred look happens in the Appalachian Mountains in the USA. But ladyboys from the same region usually look nothing like that. Not even close.

Gotta tip my hat to Thai cosmetic surgeons on this one.

Gosh some people don't seem to be thinking very logically here at all!

Just a moment's consideration would suggest that if female hormones caused people to become taller, then women would be taller than men!! So that's clearly not a rational suggestion, is it!

In actual fact, estrogens have been used in the past, controversially, to stop the growth of girls who were thought to be getting too tall:

Tall Girls

The Social Shaping of a Medical Therapy

Joyce M. Lee, MD, MPH; Joel D. Howell, MD, PhD

Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006;160:1035-1039.

During the latter half of the 20th century, estrogen therapy was administered to prevent otherwise healthy girls with tall stature from becoming tall adults by inhibiting further linear growth. We explore how decisions to treat tall girls with estrogen were influenced by both scientific knowledge and sociologic norms. Estrogen therapy represented the logical application of scientific knowledge regarding the role of estrogen for closure of the growth plates, but it also reflected prevailing societal and political beliefs about what it meant to be a tall girl. We discuss the rise and fall in popularity of this therapy and suggest that insight into the present-day treatment of short stature can be gained by comparing the use of estrogen therapy for tall girls with the use of growth hormone therapy for short boys. We suggest that this case study illustrates how scientific knowledge is always created and applied within a particular social context.

OK, perhaps it's the progestogen in birth control pills, not the oestrogen that makes them taller.

Oh, thanks. That makes me feel SO much better about myself when I see lady boys who are prettier than me. smile.gif

Sorry, but LBs are in my opinion not normally more attractive than Thai women, but they work more at being "female" than the real thing and therefore, IMO, project an aura of being attractive. Plus, it helps that they're really really good at makeup.

IMO most of what we perceive as being attractive cames from within, rather than superficial features.

Ever seen two almost identical women side by side, and noticed that one is more "attractive" than the other? My theory is that the more attractive woman is more beautiful on the inside, and is projecting that inner beauty, and we, the observer, respond to that inner beauty.

Anyway, faced with a "beautiful" woman and an "average" looking woman at a party, I'd always talk to the average one, because in my experience beautiful women are often stuck up b*&^$@ that think the sun shines out of their a^$#.

I think the answer to OP's question is that shorter ladyboys are not out in the open/visible because they are in relationships.

And why would that be?

It is the Thai face thing. Most Thai men are short and their face comes to the lady boys chest When standing up this is not really a Thai thing. Thai women like tall men and all the tall Thai men get taken in a hurry by real women only leaving the short guys for the lady boys. Obviously the short Thai men grab up the short lady boys first. So all you have left for Farang are tall lady boys.

Oh, thanks. That makes me feel SO much better about myself when I see lady boys who are prettier than me. smile.gif

Sorry, but LBs are in my opinion not normally more attractive than Thai women, but they work more at being "female" than the real thing and therefore, IMO, project an aura of being attractive. Plus, it helps that they're really really good at makeup.

IMO most of what we perceive as being attractive cames from within, rather than superficial features.

Ever seen two almost identical women side by side, and noticed that one is more "attractive" than the other? My theory is that the more attractive woman is more beautiful on the inside, and is projecting that inner beauty, and we, the observer, respond to that inner beauty.

Anyway, faced with a "beautiful" woman and an "average" looking woman at a party, I'd always talk to the average one, because in my experience beautiful women are often stuck up b*&^$@ that think the sun shines out of their a^$#.

You know that is a very common belief especially as younger men become more conditioned to feel their shortcomings and afraid to approach women for fear of a law suite or getting arrested.

This leaves a lot of young good looking women in the lurch. Especially tourists in Thailand and that 40 year age difference begins to look smaller and smaller with passing boring minute.

What I find amazing is, you can look at a group of ladyboys then turn your head to look at the nearest group of motobike taxi drivers, and it boggles the mind to think they are even from the same species.

I don't say this to be mean, but you can't find an uglier group of guys than those who drive motobike taxis. They usually have very heavy brows, super wide cheek bones, a smashed nose, and often have a neanderthal look, probably due to inbreeding in Issaan. The same inbred look happens in the Appalachian Mountains in the USA. But ladyboys from the same region usually look nothing like that. Not even close.

If you thought a little harder and added colour and religion and accent you might be able to push this right over the top. I mean when your offending people why stop halfway. :o

I think the answer to OP's question is that shorter ladyboys are not out in the open/visible because they are in relationships.

And why would that be?

It is the Thai face thing. Most Thai men are short and their face comes to the lady boys chest When standing up this is not really a Thai thing. Thai women like tall men and all the tall Thai men get taken in a hurry by real women only leaving the short guys for the lady boys. Obviously the short Thai men grab up the short lady boys first. So all you have left for Farang are tall lady boys.

Has anyone actually produced any evidence that ladyboys are on average taller than the average for Thai males?

I put it to you that they are not; we believe them to be tall because we assess them by the criteria we apply to women, we preferentially notice the most outstanding amongst them, who tend to be the taller and more slender, and their high heels put them at the same height as ourselves, towering above their less effeminate peers

SC

Spot on.

Edited by andrewbkk

Spot on.

Sore point?

Spot on.

Sore point?

I had the same problem. You get over it in a while.

My beautiful wife gave me an inferiority complex, big time. It took me years and many live in relationships with less desirable women to get back to normal and realize beauty is only skin deep.

Now sometimes I catch an Issan maiden right off the farm who does not know she is beautiful yet. It is only a couple of weeks before some crazy Farang comes along to tell her how ravishing she is and actually convince her. I can understand why so many move to the hinterland. Actually if you can stand the food and old fashioned stuff there awaits world class beauty in them thar hills.

There are even some short lady boys still on the farm. But they have some really weird ideas about sexuality.

I realize you said no one has really established that lady boys are shorter but shorter than what? Lady boys are taller than the average Thai woman, I think that has been established. I can't tell you how to get a definitive answer but I also believe as a result of looking in tourist areas that lady boys are on the tall end of the Thai male height spectrum. I think your point is that lady boys range from the short to tall end of the male height curve. I would debate that saying the majority are on the tall end of the curve. I think most observers with any experience living in Thailand would agree.

Spot on.

Sore point?

Not at all- just experience. As a nurse, I worked with thousands of women over my 28 year career, and in my opinion, "average" looking women are happier, more fun to be around and make better friends than women, who, while blessed with physical beauty, spend most of their life being hit on by men because of their looks, and in some cases come to actually believe that being "beautiful" makes them "special".

Not in all cases, of course. I worked with a couple of absolutely beautiful women, that were wonderful human beings, but they were a tiny minority.

You know that is a very common belief especially as younger men become more conditioned to feel their shortcomings and afraid to approach women for fear of a law suite or getting arrested.

This leaves a lot of young good looking women in the lurch. Especially tourists in Thailand and that 40 year age difference begins to look smaller and smaller with passing boring minute.

I don't have any statistics, but I did notice during my 10 years in London how few good looking mid to late 20s women were married ( based on presence of wedding ring ) and wondered whether it was because their "standards" were too high for any real man to meet or if it was because most men were scared off by all the media stories of women crying sexual harrasment at the slightest excuse.

Certainly, I would have felt daunted at the prospect of trying to date a British woman for the latter reason, but I had discovered Thailand by then, and had no interest in doing so.

And why would that be?

Has anyone actually produced any evidence that ladyboys are on average taller than the average for Thai males?

I put it to you that they are not; we believe them to be tall because we assess them by the criteria we apply to women, we preferentially notice the most outstanding amongst them, who tend to be the taller and more slender, and their high heels put them at the same height as ourselves, towering above their less effeminate peers

SC

Any walk along Walking Street would ascertain that many tall LBs do NOT wear high heels, but are still well above average Thai men and women in height. However, as the number of LBs "visible" in society must be well below the number of ACTUAL LBs it is pretty much impossible to make a judgement as to the average height.

As someone that used to enjoy a night out in Bugis St in the mid 70s, I do not remember the kyties being significantly tall. So it's either that tall Thai LBs are genetically different, or that the tall ones are taking something to make them taller!