Sony Slt A77

svenivan

With help of Google Translator I have also managed to prebook the a77.

Looks like I'm the last man standing. :D

I was looking at lens possibilities and found high recommendations for Minolta lenses. I've had 2 Minolta cameras including a Konica Minolta DiImage A200 (P&S camera) and the optics were excellent. They've made a ton of glass over the years and looking around for 2nd hand ones may be a good option to kit the A77.

With help of Google Translator I have also managed to prebook the a77.

Looks like I'm the last man standing. :D

I was looking at lens possibilities and found high recommendations for Minolta lenses. I've had 2 Minolta cameras including a Konica Minolta DiImage A200 (P&S camera) and the optics were excellent. They've made a ton of glass over the years and looking around for 2nd hand ones may be a good option to kit the A77.

Tywais, there are some very interesting and very unique Minolta, KM and Sony lenses.

The full collection is described here: http://www.mhohner.d...olta/lenses.php

Let me know if you need advice on them.

Edited by Disinto

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

folks,

I am reading this now and was wondering if this special deal is already over?

Link is working but when I click on "next" there is an error coming.

I'd love to get one of these deals... anybody doesn't want his/her anymore?

thanks

I've been watching the Internet forums for more details and due to the serious supply issue from the floods and delivery schedules it is not likely. Many sites such as Amazon have removed pre-orders. Just saw on DPreview forum that someone was trying to find one and found a used body on Amazon for $2500.00! Until supply increases significantly may not find many specials out there. I'm still looking for the NEX-7 which looks like February at the earliest now. :(

in Tokyo the camera is everywhere available. weird. are u based in BKK? Nothing in stores? Just wondering cause in Tokyo there seem to be enough a77. At least the Japanese market, no wonder, seems to get his camera before xmas. :(I just thought the deal ws not available when you surf thorugh non Thai provider...

in Tokyo the camera is everywhere available. weird. are u based in BKK? Nothing in stores? Just wondering cause in Tokyo there seem to be enough a77. At least the Japanese market, no wonder, seems to get his camera before xmas. :(I just thought the deal ws not available when you surf thorugh non Thai provider...

Strange. Perhaps the Japanese plants have sufficient stock for local market. Just checked Amazon - two listings for 'used' at $2500.00 and $2000.00. Also BH Photo which is a major camera outlet and says 'temporarily unavailable'. Also 6 online camera stores (they have physical stores), in Bangkok, and nothing. I'm in Chiang Mai and Sony higher end cameras are not readily available. Sony NEX-5n most have it. Did find one store Viewfinder Camera that shows both the A77 (42,990 Baht body only/61,990 Baht 16-55 Lens) and NEX-7 (38,990 Body) on their site but not sure if they are really available or grey market. Those prices are very close to normal retail overseas prices.

no, no 7n here as well. I read about the flood problem as well and it seems that the entire world market is affected by it. I don't know the case about the a77 though. I know they had the body only set in Vienna available. But just one store. I was actually there and the guy there told me they really have 4-5 sets of body only. But no sign of 16-55mm sets.

In Akihabara they seem to have plenty a77. Even though at Yodobashi store they seem to be sold out, or not in stock. Some shops do have them. Weird.

But prices in Japan cause of the YEN are no fun. Thats why I was asking about this Thai special deal, cause 1650EUR for this setup is just wow! Body only is 140.000Y or 206.000Y for the 16mm set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For you guys that bought the A77:

I have had the camera now for more than 6 months and I am very happy with the camera and the photos it produce.

BUT I have been struggling to understand all functions that I can use and to find all options that are there. The

instruction manual has some information but does not explain what happen when I choose this option or this option.

So a couple of days ago I googled to see where to find better information and found out that Gary L. Friedman has written

a book 'The Complete Guide to Sony’s Alpha 65 & 77 SLT Cameras

“The Friendly Manual with Professional Insights”'

So I downloaded the book, more than 570 pages, and now I have learned 10 times more about my camera in 3 days then I found

out struggling with the Instruction manual in 6 months. And I have only read the first 200 pages!

The book is not for total beginners in photography, it does not explain aperture, ISO etc, but it explain what options you

have in a very good way and also gives 'Recommended Settings' and a lot of good TIP's.

I have so far found and used so many more functions and also found out how to set up all options so that it is much more easy to

use the camera.

So I recommend this book to everyone that bought the A65 or the A77!