2012 Honda Cbr 1000

JonnyF

Was browsing today and saw the leaked pics of the new Fireblade. The previous model was a great bike by all accounts by just fell short on the group tests, and the most accurate description of it's looks that I read were that it looked like a bug that had just flown into a wall. I wouldn't disagree with that and looks aren't everything, but since I can't ride any litre bike anywhere near it's limit they're relevant.

Full link with pics of the new bike here...

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2012-honda-cbr1000rr-leak/

Personally I like it a lot, we'll have to wait for the specs to see what they did with the engine but first impressions are good. I went to look at the 2011 ZX10R on Wednesday at 59bike in BKK (was quoted 670,000 by the staff with book) but wasn't that impressed. Most tests have it ranked second behind the BMW though so clearly it's a great bike but it didn't make me really want it. I wonder what Redbarron will be able to import the FireBlade for? My guess is around 700k. Probably not a S1000 killer but at around 3-400k less (guessing - in Thailand) it might be a good option.

2012-honda-cbr1000rr-leak-12.jpg

lol, my Ninja 250R looks just like the ZX10R as well! I'm guessing you didn't win the "spot-the-difference" contest at school. Try looking beyond the tri-color paint scheme and the badge :)

Hint - the dual headlights are a good starting point. Then look at the frame. And swingarm. And forks.

PS I included the link but no spoon. You might want to check the rear shock and the clip-ons as well.

PS it's 1000cc and I'm pretty sure it's not a single :ph34r:

Edited by JonnyF

You weren't impressed with the new ZX10 but you are with this?!

Yep. When you see the new ZX10 for real it's not really that inspiring. There was an '10 model sat outside the shop and I have to say I prefered that seeing them together.

Obviously not seen the CBR1000 in the flesh yet, but to me it looks good. Nice front end, well styled fairings, nice undertail, cool exhaust in comparison to some of the current models (the current gsxr1000 is particularly ugly), nice paint scheme, really not sure what's not to like other than the digital rev counter (prefer analog).

If it performs as well as it looks I'd certainly consider it, depending on what they've done to the engine and what kind of electronic package it has (ABS, different engine modes etc). The '12 gsxr1000 should be previewed in the next month or so we''ll have to see what they've done as well. Previous model has been unchanged for 3 years so I think this one could be quite a leap forward.

CBR150 with twin headlight and sports rear.

What were you expecting ? It is a CBR, they made the 250 look like the 1000 to attract young riders. Almost all brand do that, it's a marketing strategy..whistling.gif

Now the CBR style you like it or not, I can understand, I am too not a big fan of the look since '09. But it is totally normal that Honda keep the same design, I don't see what is surprising here.

The evolution of the CBR is not much indeed, however Honda said they were working on a new V4 engine sportbike, they never said it would be the CBR (I could be wrong).

I am expecting much more on a new RC with a V4 engine, let the CBR be the commercial super bike for Honda, it is a awesome bike and easy to ride. I think they took the good decision to leave it the way it was.

CBR150 with twin headlight and sports rear.

What were you expecting ? It is a CBR, they made the 250 look like the 1000 to attract young riders. Almost all brand do that, it's a marketing strategy..whistling.gif

Now the CBR style you like it or not, I can understand, I am too not a big fan of the look since '09. But it is totally normal that Honda keep the same design, I don't see what is surprising here.

The evolution of the CBR is not much indeed, however Honda said they were working on a new V4 engine sportbike, they never said it would be the CBR (I could be wrong).

I am expecting much more on a new RC with a V4 engine, let the CBR be the commercial super bike for Honda, it is a awesome bike and easy to ride. I think they took the good decision to leave it the way it was.

Perhaps Honda have turned one of these into something more sporting? And more attractive. I live in hope!

vf1200f-2-small.jpg

• 1 month later...

after watching the video ......id like one :rolleyes:

a litre bike is a bit dangerous for bkk though ....and probably get stopped for "police donations " a lot more often driving one around

heres another video of it .

Edited by wana

I drove past the Honda Big Wing "showroom" on Praditmanutham Road in BKK yesterday. After a couple of years of inactivity I was quite surprised to see quite a few people in there, workmen with ladders, tools etc.

Looks like Honda might be gearing up to enter the big bike market after all. If they do I'm guessing this will be the flagship model for their entry into the Thai market. Hope so...

I drove past the Honda Big Wing "showroom" on Praditmanutham Road in BKK yesterday. After a couple of years of inactivity I was quite surprised to see quite a few people in there, workmen with ladders, tools etc.

Looks like Honda might be gearing up to enter the big bike market after all. If they do I'm guessing this will be the flagship model for their entry into the Thai market. Hope so...

Yep, the mothballed "Big Wing" showroom is under construction again. Seems Honda is re-evaluating their business plan in Thailand after losing their factory in Ayutaya so wonder what will happen next...

a litre bike is a bit dangerous for bkk though ....and probably get stopped for "police donations " a lot more often driving one around.

The big Jap inline 4's: Gixxer 1000, CBR1000RR, R1 and ZX10R are all incredible machines and I'd own any one in a heartbeat but looks wise they don't measure up to the European bikes.

I know a few R1 riders who manage their bikes quite comfortably in Bangkok. And you won't get asked for police donations if you don't stop.

a litre bike is a bit dangerous for bkk though ....and probably get stopped for "police donations " a lot more often driving one around.

The big Jap inline 4's: Gixxer 1000, CBR1000RR, R1 and ZX10R are all incredible machines and I'd own any one in a heartbeat but looks wise they don't measure up to the European bikes.

I know a few R1 riders who manage their bikes quite comfortably in Bangkok. And you won't get asked for police donations if you don't stop.

theres a harley 1200 sport ,a yamaha R1 and 2 new Hayabusas and a couple of duccatti monsters and they all get stopped regularly enough ,

unfortunately the traffic in bkk is often so gridlocked that youre forced to a standstill which makes it near impossible to evade the checkpoints or pass them at high speed

if you escape the same police every day on an exotic bike ,they will remember and find some way to stop you :D

in a small soi there is no getting away unless youre willing to almost drive over one of them and im sure that wouldnt go down well :whistling: