1-Year Non-B Visa Extension Or Multi Visa

I have a new company with 2 farang employees (me and my friend). The registered capital is 4 mln. baht.

Having received a Work Permit I got a 1-year multi visa in Malaysia and will make visa-runs every 3 months.

My friend will get a WP in 1 week and now we want to realize if it is better to extend her present 3-month visa at the Immigration office or to go to Malaysia for a multi visa.

If we both have a 1-year multi-visa do I need to have thai employees and how many persons?

Can any officer come and check if they really work in my office?

If we both work with 1-year multi visa should I pay only 1000 baht tax for each farang or I have to increase our salary up to 50000 baht and pay 3100 baht tax per each person monthly?

Thanks a lot for your very useful consultations.

You have a new company, so it might not be possible to get an extension of stay. Normally tax documents over at least 2 years are required.

The 50,000 a month income requirement is only for getting an extension of stay from immirgation, not for getting a work permit or a visa.

Yes, you will need Thai employees and yes, they can come and check at your office.

In order to get a work permit you will need at least two Thai employees per work permit the first year, some officers may want to see 4. But in the second year you must have 4 Thai employees per work permit, for a total of 8 for 2 work permits.

If your friend applies for an extension of stay based on business there is no guarantee that the extension will be granted since usually Immigration wants to see an annual audit. Some Immigration officers may overlook this, but many will not. For the extension, Immigration wants to see 4 Thai employees per work permit as they tend to be stricter than the Labor Office on this in the first year.

The officers can come check and there are many reports that they do.

Minimum salary is 50,000 Baht for Americans or Europeans and we have found from our experiences in Bangkok that tax must be paid on the full amount.

A full list of documents needed can be found here: http://www.thaivisa.com/extensions/new-non-imm-b-extension-regulations.html

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact our office.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]