Two For The Price Of One

shaggy1969

Last month we were over in BKK and decide to go fishing again at BSR together with my missus,a good friend of mine and his missus.We hired out two rods and all took turns with the rods.we had caught a few around the 20 mark and had also lost some due to bad line and also some due to bad fishing .

My missus had just lost a fish due to a snapped line and passed the rod to our guide to fix and set up for my turn.I was in the process of rolling a ciggie and the guide was netting the other fish so i left the rod and had a smoke whilst watching my mates missus fighting with her fish.When the fish was landed it wall wrapped up in two other broken lines,so we set about unhooking the fish and clearing the other lines from it's body before releasing it again.

I start pulling one of the lines in that i had managed to free from the fish when i felt some resistance,i pulled the line taught and lifted out of the water to see how much line was still in the water.I would say that there was still a good 30-40 yards so i decided to tie it on to be own rod that was sitting without any gear on it.I started reeling in and it felt as if there was nothing special on the end until about 10 yards from our hut the fish surfaced saw us and realized that it was hooked.

Then the fun really started....the dam_n thing almost emptied my reel two times and after a good half of wondering if the line would hold i got it to the side and lifted....boy oh boy what a monster,was it luck?...dam_n right....will i claim it as my biggest fish to date....dam_n right also!!!

post-126208-0-42817000-1314540857_thumb.

post-126208-0-43284500-1314540853_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...