German Man Still In ICU After Dispute With Phuket Tuk-Tuk Driver

webfact

the post was there. it was there for an hour or so. it described a statement from the wife. why TV removed it I don't know. they can answer that.

no problems dude, you believe what you want, if you can't read a Thai newspaper, that's fine ....

:lol: Wow you're a sore loser. Pointing out my typos and now critisising my inability to read Thai. :D If you can't see what a plonker that post makes you then....... well it's probably just as well you can't. ;)

logician , i can confirm with pete over the 100 thb

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel embarrassed for Patong, Phuket and the money-grabbers that obviously run the province. If they wanted to sort the tuk-tuk situation out, they could have done so many moons ago.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. There are many situations I wouldn't have got involved with if I knew the consequences afterwards. But none of us do. We can all be wise after the event.

On another night, the driver would have backed down and taken the 100B as a reasonable payment for the service. Perhaps he'd just had a fight with his wife. Perhaps he was on something. Perhaps he hadn't made much that night. Perhaps he was just a nasty little soab. Perhaps all 4 apply.

If the lesson to learned is "pay whatever the tuk-tuk driver demands of you when you leave the vehicle" then I don't agree.

If the lesson is "don't go to Patong" then I would agree.

100% agree with you. I simply divide the differences by stating that if one simply must go there, my suggestion is wise, in my opinion. Although I cannot imagine why someone would want to got here. Otherwise, as you wisely state; don't go to Patong unless you're willing to be agreeable, kiss ass, and be treated like a second class citizen. That's the message I get, and that from many months back of reading things like this about Patong on this forum. You couldn't pay me enough to go there now; individually, or with my wife and son.

Totally agree with LivinLOS as well; "Thais in other parts of the country simply are not like this.. They arent"

the post was there. it was there for an hour or so. it described a statement from the wife. why TV removed it I don't know. they can answer that.

TV mods have not removed any post containing a statement from the wife. It is possible that a member edited his/her initial post within the short time window allowed to make an edit.

Edit// yes, a member edited a post containing a quote from a Phuket source that does not permit TV to publish direct quotes.

It is truly amazing that a phuket tuk tuk driver apparently can charge more than a NYC driver in one of the world's most expensive cities . That Thai driver must be paying one heck of a lot of tea money to somebody.

The base fare in NYC is going up to $2.50 from $2. Every tick of the meter (one-fifth of a mile) will cost 40 cents, up a dime.

800 meters = 0.497 miles

to go 1/2 a mile in NYC would cost $2.50 for flag drop plus another 3/5 of a mile would be 1.20 ...total fare in NYC to go 800 meters is approx 3.70 usd or about 111 thai baht...in phuket it is almost TWICE as much as NYC???? Say what? Granted you'd have to tip the NYC guy but even so......get real.

And yes i know that Phuket is not NYC and yes I know that you should always agree to the fare before getting in but EVEN SO does Phuket really want the worldwide reputation that phuket tuk tuks will bend you over and shove a hot poker right up your rear end while you are on vacation? I don't think so.

No sympathy for the bloke in hospital at all. Play with fire....

What is it with you people?

What is it with you people who choose to completely over look a drunk farang assaulting a local person while on holiday in his country, and instead choosing to moan about how expensive the fares are. :bah:

You're letting your bias and hatred for tuk tuks over come you, and not seeing the incident for what it is individually. A drunk bloke assaulted a Thai man and got a kicking for it. No sympathy what so ever.

Why is it myself and thousands of others can use Tuk tuks without ever getting attacked? Because we're not drunk and abusive perhaps? ;)

How do you know this guy knocked the tuktuk guy down ?? Because the tuktuks said so ?? Because the Pol Major made such a big deal about it (how is it the pol major knows with such certainty what happened the first time, so much so that they intend it seems to charge the German, yet has no CCTV / witness / or other data at all to what happened moments later in the same place ?? Odd that).

We now have the wife on record as saying she paid.. And she had the miss understanding and gave a thai type price.. And that she didnt witness the guy push the driver down..

Chiang Mai - Kad Suen Kaew Mall - middle of town, to my house, 18.4 kilometers = 300 baht. + 1 pack of Marlboro as a "tip". And driver gave me a card with his name and mobile number, telling me to call him if I ever need again.

Sssshh.. Dont tell em.. It will be full..

LK to my place a good 12ks at least.. bartered 200 but tipped him another 50 as it was just a long way..

Oh ok, now its not just pushing him, its assaulting him.

Again, who's word? Who produced this evidence? Local Tuk-tuk drivers? Local rent-a-thug? ha fuc_king ha.

CCTV??????????

Pushing the driver, whether to ground or not, is an assault in all of our high and mighty farang lands. If you did that in New York, the cab driver could press charges, the police will book you, and when the judge has done the criminal bit, you can be sued by the driver. When push comes to shove, it's an assault.

What would restraining a policeman while beating up 2 tourists with a drawn gun be ??

Ohh I remember.. thats obstructing traffic.

If it has been removed.. then just to give users a clue..

Theres a news site sometimes called a blog.. That cannot be named.. On it theres an interview with the wife.. And comments from the pol Major intending to charge the german.. A fair bit more there.

I wonder what happened to the Tuktuk driver, he should pay the expense as he caused this and so the like should learn a lesson. Lots of "abusive" drivers are in Thailand, Phuket, Pattaya (song thaew drivers), and there's no disciplinary actions have been done against them, at least as far as I know.

200 baht equals approximately 4 and a half Euros. A German paying anything less than ten euros for such a trip in Germany would be lucky indeed. While this is not Germany, the foreigners come here expecting everything for cheap and to push people around, just like that German just pushed the tuk-tuk driver to the ground because there was an argument. We don't have the whole story, because as was noted, the German couple were drunk, it is possible they are putting themselves in a much better light than they have behaved, and the Tuk-tuk driver cannot be located because 200 baht is not an incredibly high price to pay for a taxi ride in the rain in the middle of the night.

You are wrong. I just got back from Germany and the minimum fare in the mainly Mercedes E class taxis in large cities like Frankfurt and Berlin was 2.30 euros only. 4.30 euros for 800 metres in a piece of sh*t open air tuk tuk with a lawn mower engine driven by a Neanderthal ape in sewer like Patong doesn't stack up. Having said that he should have paid up. More sensibly he should have enquired the fare first and, if unwilling to pay B200, just walked the 800 metres.

Clearly the brother knows who was responsible and probably the wife too. Would this German guy have considered marrying into a family of this social standing back home where they would probably be Turks? I doubt it.

The Ozzie sports manager at the British Club in Bangkok is currently recovering from an altercation with a Bangkok taxi driver which the latter saw fit to resolve with a machete, resulting in multiple lacerations requiring numerous stitches. No hope of any punishment for the taxi driver. The law of the jungle rules in Thailand. Be warned.

I don't know if I am more tired of reading always the same story about tuktuk drivers in Phuket or by the fact that Thai-visa loves sharing those informations that will only end up by having a flood of comments on how tuktuk drivers are mafia, how corrupted is the police, how can one be stupid enough to believe that government will do something etc...

News are quite often the same and comments are quite often similar.

Really? I'm really confused by your comment. Your not sure which bothers you more?...a group of above the law thugs repeatedly hospitalizing tourists or news outlets reporting it and the subsequent peoples comments about it? Your solution then is to stop reporting it? Wow...I guess you got your priorities in line then. How about you just stop reading the news then? Problem solved.

This is becomeing a weekly thing. It's getting hard to keep all the tuk tuk beatings straight. Can nobody stop them?

Phuket Tuk-tuk Driver Attacks French Family for parking in 'wrong place

Thaivisa: Tuk Tuks clearly a bane to Phuket tourism

Tourist Belted By Tuk Tuk Driver

Tuk tuk driver questioned over sexual assault of British girl.

Swedish Tourist Punched by Tuk Tuk driver.

Tuk Tuk Violence

Local expat gets major beatdown by 4 tuk tuk drivers.

Crazy tuk tuk driver tries to run me off the road.

Tuk tuk driver stabs Welshman

4 Aussie tourists beaten and stabbed by gang of tuk tuk drivers

Tuk Tuks in Patong

Tuk-tuks warned: ‘improve or die’

Tuk Tuk fares still to high: Consuls

PM turns spotlight on Phuket problems

Taxi driver charged with rape

Phuket Cruise ship passengers blockaded

Tuk tuk driver assaults a Canadian man after the man refused to pay the extortionate price for a 1 minute ride

Tuk-tuks blockade US military in Phuket.

Governor lays out strategy for war on ‘taxi mafia’

Tuk-tuk drivers in protest over access to port

Eco-tour firms protest tuk tuk ‘bullies’

Issues and Answers: Why aren't parking rules enforced (on tuk tuks) in Karon?

Issues and Answers: Tuk-tuks in Kata-Karon

Issues and Answers: Action on tuk-tuk rip-offs

Issuea and Answers: Why no bus between Kata/Karon and Patong? Answer: Bus driver was pulled from his bus and beaten by "competition."

Issues and Answers: "Government intervention will be needed to create a new taxi service in Phuket." - Pol Lt Col Teeraphol Thipjaroen, Deputy Traffic Superintendent of Phuket Town Police Station

"Stay away from tuk tuks and ladyboys" Says Phuket Governor

The Sydney Morning Herald: Phuket rip-off: the trouble with tuk-tuks

Fodor's Travel Guide: Phuket Tuk Tuks and exorbitant charges.

Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Phuket tuk tuk warning

Tripadvisor: Phuket's Tuk Tuks are still at it.

iPetition: Governor Wichai - ban the Phuket tuk-tuks!

Making Phukets Tuk Tuks, Taxi's Fair

Phukets tuk tuks shared among top officials

Tuk tuk problems solved soon: Phuket Governor

Tat 'worried' About Phuket Tuk-tuk Gangs

Tuk Tuk standoff in Karoni

War on taxi mafia

Tuk tuks no good

Time for action

A recent visitors comments about the taxi mafia

Phuket Taxi: Primitive transport

Would you believe it..Police citing the taxi mafia?

Beating the taxi fares/

Phuket Public Transport: Cartels continue in the driver's seat

Honorary Consuls Meet In Phuket To Discuss Jetskis, Pollution And Tuk Tuk Mafia

Phuket consuls keep pressure on tuk-tuk, jet-ski scams

Phuket tuk tuk fares in the firing line

Paradise Lost

Phuket officials tackle tuk tuk blockades

Good old Phuket tuk tuks at it again

Phukets must do's and don'ts

How do you get around Phuket cheaply?

ScubaBuddha,

Thanks for the LONG list of links! Sad part is that there are probably 4 times as much as this that is NOT reported...<_<

no problems dude, you believe what you want, if you can't read a Thai newspaper, that's fine ....

:lol: Wow you're a sore loser. Pointing out my typos and now critisising my inability to read Thai. :D If you can't see what a plonker that post makes you then....... well it's probably just as well you can't. ;)

logician , i can confirm with pete over the 100 thb

+2. I read it also.

This follows hard on the heels of the new "Miracle Thailand " campaign NOT !!

Some times It's just better to shut your mouth and pay the extra 100 baht.Pushing the tuk tuk driver and making him lose face didn't help matters either. If he had of agreed to pay 50 baht ,

both parties could have sorted it out without the guy ending up in ICU.

I disagree because everybody just pay that is why they allays want more,

I had prob in Samui with Taxi mafia they want 800 Baht for 2 KM and I walked the way instead.

Since then I try to avoid this tourist traps like Puket, Pattaya and Samui .

most Thais in this places hate farangs see them only like a ATM machine

they still don't see it Number Tourists drops every Year. but it is still to much.

just my opinion

Rick

Violence like this should not be tolerated regardless of the amount in question. If the authorities don't crack down then Phuket isn't safe. You cannot just kick the shit out of somebody because you lost face and expect to get away with it.

An Australian staff member of the British Club in Bangkok was attacked Thursday evening by a taxi driver with a machette. 200 stiches, face, neck, and arms.

Not sure what happened preceeding the attack but this is not the kind of thing that happens in Singapore or Tokyo. Tourist office might want to get on this or planes will be empty again.

He got into a taxi in Bangkok, asked the taxi driver to use the meter, the taxi driver refused, so he got out and slammed the taxi door. He then proceeded to get into another taxi and move off. The first taxi driver sped after them, cutoff the taxi and blocked them in, got out of his taxi and then went up to the taxi armed with a machete, opened the passenger door and proceeded to slash the Brit quite violently.

He was very lucky to survive the attack from what I am told. The slash on the face missed his eye by only a cm, and he nearly lost the eye. The slash on his throat missed his jugular vein by 2cm - and we all know what would have happened there if it hadn't.

No doubt, since he has several slashes to his face he will now now be scared for life.

All taxi drivers in Bangkok carry weapons, the older guys tend to be the worst from what I have seen. I don't never use taxis in Patpong, and I always walk down the street at least 100m before catching a taxi when I leave Soi Cowboy at the Asoke (mafia end).

With the current state of the world economy getting worse, I can only see violence on the increase in Thailand.

Wishing the Brit a speedy recovery.

Go back in the thread. I'm sure a logician as total as you can manage that. Report back when you find it.

I can only find this:

"When they arrived, the driver charged them 200 baht, but Mr Trotnow insisted paying only 100 baht," said Capt Teerasuk

Which is a bloke who hasn't pre aranged the price, being charged the fully allowed amount by the new rules, but deciding he only wants to pay half that amount. Where does it say anything about 200 being agreed before hand?

Keep looking dude. Its in the thread ..... come on, you can do it.

Can't be bothered. unless you want to point it out, I will just assume that I'm right. ;)

Try doing a Google search for Phuket tuk tuk. I found the article there. (Hint; it's not from the Phuket Gazette.)

That's because problems are supposed to be solved, not let to rot like these.

But for this, you need responsible leaders.

Phuket used to be a nice place.

This follows hard on the heels of the new "Miracle Thailand " campaign NOT !!

The Miracle will be if he survives. so last week the top cop had a meeting with these thugs telling them no more tourist beatings and VOILA the next week a guys is beaten unconcious

Whats it going to take before this stuff stops ? EVEN A TOURIST DEATH wont stop it I predict.

Phuket is a place to avoid like the plague a den of thugs what with the Jet Skis and the Tuk Tuk drivers and regular tourist beatings

DK

Certainly an excellent example of two sides of an argument both being totally in the wrong.... Arguments like this happen all the time in Phuket, Patong beach in particular, In my experience usually involving a fair that was not negotiated prior to the ride, and a drunken tourist not realizing his destination was only meters away. It is most definitely exacerbated by the fact that TukTuks in Phuket are the most ridiculously tolerated mafia scam in all of Thailand. Why exactly aren't their any meter taxis in Phuket???

But...A...rule of thumb anywhere in the world...and any travel blog/guide book/buddy who travels alot will tell you....always negotiate your price before you get in a taxi, and if you don't know where you are going and it turns out to be a 2 minute walk... hey...lesson learned... you don't have the right to refuse to pay just because you were unaware how close the destination was. The German was wrong in thinking he could refuse to pay the fair, and then even more wrong thinking he could bully the TuTuk driver. (Insert any number of historical references to Germans being bullies here)

If you are drunk and pick a fight with a local taxi driver ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD not just Thailand, you are more than likely going to end up with an ass kicking, and probably a deserved one, although nothing warrants this severe a beating.

No matter how you look at it, this is one more gigantic nail in the coffin for Phuket, which is rapidly turning from tourist paradise to tourist hell. Just like the Balinese discovered after the bombings. Western tourists will tolerate alot, but they won't tolerate being unsafe on holiday. Their money will go elsewhere, and the honest hard working tourism dependent business people will suffer for it.

I wonder what happened to the Tuktuk driver, he should pay the expense as he caused this and so the like should learn a lesson. Lots of "abusive" drivers are in Thailand, Phuket, Pattaya (song thaew drivers), and there's no disciplinary actions have been done against them, at least as far as I know.

It's amazing what your 10K/mo in union fees gets you. It gets you immunity, broken CCTV images, plenty of witnesses that can't identify anyone along with a lot of friends ready to help out when you've lost face or feel you've been treated poorly by a drunk punter.

Unbelievable people continue to visit Phuket. Travelers too stupid to do any "discovery" before traveling anyplace have little excuse for finding bad trouble at the destination. That said, Phuket is a dump, has been a dump for several years now. Plain and simple....... STAY AWAY FROM PHUKET! I now have my customers here in China sign a release if they insist on booking into Phuket. They are 100% responsible for any and all occurances during the duration of their time there. More often than not, they decide to change their plans and travel to another place.

Of course people continue to visit Phuket. Hardly anone has problems, and the island has much, much to offer.

I don't know if I am more tired of reading always the same story about tuktuk drivers in Phuket or by the fact that Thai-visa loves sharing those informations that will only end up by having a flood of comments on how tuktuk drivers are mafia, how corrupted is the police, how can one be stupid enough to believe that government will do something etc...

Really? I'm really confused by your comment. Your not sure which bothers you more?...a group of above the law thugs repeatedly hospitalizing tourists or news outlets reporting it and the subsequent peoples comments about it? Your solution then is to stop reporting it? Wow...I guess you got your priorities in line then. How about you just stop reading the news then? Problem solved.

This is becomeing a weekly thing. It's getting hard to keep all the tuk tuk beatings straight. Can nobody stop them?

Phuket Tuk-tuk Driver Attacks French Family for parking in 'wrong place

Thaivisa: Tuk Tuks clearly a bane to Phuket tourism

Tourist Belted By Tuk Tuk Driver

Tuk tuk driver questioned over sexual assault of British girl.

Swedish Tourist Punched by Tuk Tuk driver.

Tuk Tuk Violence

Local expat gets major beatdown by 4 tuk tuk drivers.

Crazy tuk tuk driver tries to run me off the road.

Tuk tuk driver stabs Welshman

4 Aussie tourists beaten and stabbed by gang of tuk tuk drivers

Tuk Tuks in Patong

Tuk-tuks warned: ‘improve or die’

Tuk Tuk fares still to high: Consuls

PM turns spotlight on Phuket problems

Taxi driver charged with rape

Phuket Cruise ship passengers blockaded

Tuk tuk driver assaults a Canadian man after the man refused to pay the extortionate price for a 1 minute ride

Tuk-tuks blockade US military in Phuket.

Governor lays out strategy for war on ‘taxi mafia’

Tuk-tuk drivers in protest over access to port

Eco-tour firms protest tuk tuk ‘bullies’

Issues and Answers: Why aren't parking rules enforced (on tuk tuks) in Karon?

Issues and Answers: Tuk-tuks in Kata-Karon

Issues and Answers: Action on tuk-tuk rip-offs

Issuea and Answers: Why no bus between Kata/Karon and Patong? Answer: Bus driver was pulled from his bus and beaten by "competition."

Issues and Answers: "Government intervention will be needed to create a new taxi service in Phuket." - Pol Lt Col Teeraphol Thipjaroen, Deputy Traffic Superintendent of Phuket Town Police Station

"Stay away from tuk tuks and ladyboys" Says Phuket Governor

The Sydney Morning Herald: Phuket rip-off: the trouble with tuk-tuks

Fodor's Travel Guide: Phuket Tuk Tuks and exorbitant charges.

Lonely Planet Travel Guide: Phuket tuk tuk warning

Tripadvisor: Phuket's Tuk Tuks are still at it.

iPetition: Governor Wichai - ban the Phuket tuk-tuks!

Making Phukets Tuk Tuks, Taxi's Fair

Phukets tuk tuks shared among top officials

Tuk tuk problems solved soon: Phuket Governor

Tat 'worried' About Phuket Tuk-tuk Gangs

Tuk Tuk standoff in Karoni

War on taxi mafia

Tuk tuks no good

Time for action

A recent visitors comments about the taxi mafia

Phuket Taxi: Primitive transport

Would you believe it..Police citing the taxi mafia?

Beating the taxi fares/

Phuket Public Transport: Cartels continue in the driver's seat

Honorary Consuls Meet In Phuket To Discuss Jetskis, Pollution And Tuk Tuk Mafia

Phuket consuls keep pressure on tuk-tuk, jet-ski scams

Phuket tuk tuk fares in the firing line

Paradise Lost

Phuket officials tackle tuk tuk blockades

Good old Phuket tuk tuks at it again

Phukets must do's and don'ts

How do you get around Phuket cheaply?

You sir are a genius if there is ever a way to win an argument its empirical evidence. +1 I had a friend suckerpunched in Chaing Mai by a tuk tuk guy trying to rip them off. He gave him the fair that was told in the first place and refused and turned his back on him when he demanded more. The Tuk tuk driver sucker punched him with a piece of pipe in his hand the guy who got hit was in his 60's and a really good guy towards everyone. His mission in life was making people happy whenever he could. His kindness was repaid by these same kind of parasites that ruin Thailand.

It's not just Phuket that has Tuk Tuk issues...

In Hua Hin it is not possible to find a single meter taxi either. I needed a 15km round trip so woke up a sleeping Tuk Tuk driver and asked how much he would charge me for that. "1,000 Baht" came the reply. I offered him 500 Baht for the 30 minutes or so work but he declined and went back to sleep.

MINIMUM fare in Hua Hin is 150 Baht BTW.

150 Bath is Farang price only! Thais pay way less than that! When you bring your Thai wife, you are supposed to be charged the Thai price!

I will stay away from any double pricing destination like Phuket and Hua Hin.

U mean the police can't do anything more without the victim being able to identify the attacker? What are the police for?

What about questioning:

1. 'brother of Mr Trotnow's wife'?

2. All the tuk-tuk drivers in that were in the area?

3. Offering a huge reward for information leading to the capture of the murderers (the most effective way in Thailand)?

UK police can find, very quickly, masked perpetrators of riot and looting, so why can't Thai police identify a locally-known murderer?

Edited by Card

Unbelievable people continue to visit Phuket. Travelers too stupid to do any "discovery" before traveling anyplace have little excuse for finding bad trouble at the destination. That said, Phuket is a dump, has been a dump for several years now. Plain and simple....... STAY AWAY FROM PHUKET! I now have my customers here in China sign a release if they insist on booking into Phuket. They are 100% responsible for any and all occurances during the duration of their time there. More often than not, they decide to change their plans and travel to another place.

Of course people continue to visit Phuket. Hardly anone has problems, and the island has much, much to offer.

Much to offer yes for sure... Hardly anyone has problems??? Not a compelling argument...maybe if you do the math the percentage of problems/tourists is low...but the problems are severe...often involving brutal beatings, murders and stabbing...a mark above the usual tourist paying too much for a carved frog that croaks type issues. To say their are hardly any problems in Phuket is like saying hardly anyone died in the London subway bombings...you're kind of missing the point...

Also quoted is the driver stating "200 is the minimum price in Patong" didnt they just agree the other day that this was the maximum price ??

Clearly some confusion.. Maybe time to set another price list. :whistling:

It certainly was the minimum each time I asked.

Walking is good for you. :D

Many many years ago, while living in Bangkok for 12 years I got in a dispute over the fare with motorcylce guy that had stopped where I was standing and asked where I was going.

I told him where I was going and I stated the price in Thai language and he agreed.

When we got there he doubled the price on me and I refused to pay.

I stood there and offered him the fare that I had stated and the fare that he had agreed upon.

He would not take the money that we had agreed upon and then got off his bike and confronted me demanding double the fare.

I tried to pay him the agreed fare and he would not take it while demanding the double fare price.

I said take it or leave it and he refused to take it.

I tried to walk away from him and his nonsense but he "Blocked" me with his arm.

I told him again I was not going to pay him and tried to put the money in his hand but he would not take it and kept demanding the double fare.

I told him once again I would not pay the doble fare and asked him if he wanted the agreed fare or not.

He kept demanding the double fare and then told me that was the fare I had previously agreed upon with him.

I corrected him and told him I had offered a price and he had agreed.

In Thai langauge I repeated myself and told him I would not pay the double fare price.

I then told him again I would pay him the agreed fare, take it or leave it, as I had to go.

He would not take the money.

I then tried to move around him again and he raised his elbow in my face and put his other hand on my chest and forcefully blocked me while making the Thai Boxing "elbow to the face gesture " clearly demonstrating that he was going to THAI BOX my face if I did not pay him.

Well Folks...I just lost it right then and there.

I proceeded to beat the crap out of the guy right then and there on the side walk on Silom Road in broad daylight in front of a bank building in 1998

He totally did not expect that to happen and I was surprised how easy it was for me to grab this guy and manhandle him and throw him around and beat him to the ground and left him stunned, lying on the ground.

I do not care what any other person has to say about that incident and what I should have done or not should have done in their opinion.

Criticise all you want...I dont care.

But on that particular day all the 12 years of Thai bullshit frustrations and the many times I had been cheated here and there by Thai people just boiled over and I lost it with that motorcylce guy when he put his hand on me and threatened to "Thai Box " my face.

After I had beat him I then put the money that he had demanded on the seat of his motorcylcle while screaming at him and saying: "Are you satisfied now" " Are you happy now you silly XXXXXX."

I paid him the money for the satisfaction of beating him up and for being the A Hole that we was and acting the way that he did thinking he could try to extort the money from me while threatening to box my face as if he was some sort of professional Thai Boxer.

I had hurt the guy real good and he was bleeding from the mouth and his lip was all swollen and he was totally dazed.

I just walked away and went into the building I was going to anyhow thinking I should not have done that and I had over reacted and should have just paid him.

I was feeling sorry for him.

But then again I thought: "Why should I let anyone cheat me like that while he is threatening to assault me.???

I had never had anything quite like that happen to me in 12 years of living in Bangkok and never since but I still wonder why the Thai man thought he could do what he tried to do and not simply except the money we had agreed upon.

Even if he had mistakenly agreed or did not understand what I had said in Thai langauge he could have accepted the money and moved on.

But no..he thought he could get more money out of me because I was a farang.

There are plenty of Thai people out there that can ruin your day if you happen to connect with them some how and in some way.

They come with an attitude and they can be stupidly stubborn and small minded.

That guy in particular, on that day was mistaken when he thought he could get some easy money from a farang.

Many many years ago, while living in Bangkok for 12 years I got in a dispute over the fare with motorcylce guy that had stopped where I was standing and asked where I was going.

I told him where I was going and I stated the price in Thai language and he agreed.

When we got there he doubled the price on me and I refused to pay.

I stood there and offered him the fare that I had stated and the fare that he had agreed upon.

He would not take the money that we had agreed upon and then got off his bike and confronted me demanding double the fare.

I tried to pay him the agreed fare and he would not take it while demanding the double fare price.

I said take it or leave it and he refused to take it.

I tried to walk away from him and his nonsense but he "Blocked" me with his arm.

I told him again I was not going to pay him and tried to put the money in his hand but he would not take it and kept demanding the double fare.

I told him once again I would not pay the doble fare and asked him if he wanted the agreed fare or not.

He kept demanding the double fare and then told me that was the fare I had previously agreed upon with him.

I corrected him and told him I had offered a price and he had agreed.

In Thai langauge I repeated myself and told him I would not pay the double fare price.

I then told him again I would pay him the agreed fare, take it or leave it, as I had to go.

He would not take the money.

I then tried to move around him again and he raised his elbow in my face and put his other hand on my chest and forcefully blocked me while making the Thai Boxing "elbow to the face gesture " clearly demonstrating that he was going to THAI BOX my face if I did not pay him.

Well Folks...I just lost it right then and there.

I proceeded to beat the crap out of the guy right then and there on the side walk on Silom Road in broad daylight in front of a bank building in 1998

He totally did not expect that to happen and I was surprised how easy it was for me to grab this guy and manhandle him and throw him around and beat him to the ground and left him stunned, lying on the ground.

I do not care what any other person has to say about that incident and what I should have done or not should have done in their opinion.

Criticise all you want...I dont care.

But on that particular day all the 12 years of Thai bullshit frustrations and the many times I had been cheated here and there by Thai people just boiled over and I lost it with that motorcylce guy when he put his hand on me and threatened to "Thai Box " my face.

After I had beat him I then put the money that he had demanded on the seat of his motorcylcle while screaming at him and saying: "Are you satisfied now" " Are you happy now you silly XXXXXX."

I paid him the money for the satisfaction of beating him up and for being the A Hole that we was and acting the way that he did thinking he could try to extort the money from me while threatening to box my face as if he was some sort of professional Thai Boxer.

I had hurt the guy real good and he was bleeding from the mouth and his lip was all swollen and he was totally dazed.

I just walked away and went into the building I was going to anyhow thinking I should not have done that and I had over reacted and should have just paid him.

I was feeling sorry for him.

But then again I thought: "Why should I let anyone cheat me like that while he is threatening to assault me.???

I had never had anything quite like that happen to me in 12 years of living in Bangkok and never since but I still wonder why the Thai man thought he could do what he tried to do and not simply except the money we had agreed upon.

Even if he had mistakenly agreed or did not understand what I had said in Thai langauge he could have accepted the money and moved on.

But no..he thought he could get more money out of me because I was a farang.

There are plenty of Thai people out there that can ruin your day if you happen to connect with them some how and in some way.

They come with an attitude and they can be stupidly stubborn and small minded.

That guy in particular, on that day was mistaken when he thought he could get some easy money from a farang.

lucky to have been put in such a great situation where he had no backup. Now you probably feel a lot better towards those kind of thais even years after.

Thanks ;)