The Er-6N And Trouble.

dagling

Talked with a guy who claims that Kawaski ER-6N has had much trouble with the engine (oil leaks) and poor quality throughout the cycle and that he would not have had an ER-6N if he got it for free.

That`s way there is so many second hand for sale he claims, they get rid of them after a few month`s :unsure:

Some opinions about this is true? Was going to look into ER-6N `nine Korat for the weekend, but it is about. 3 hours drive from Khon Kaen.

Would appreciate help from someone who has experience with the Kawasaki ER-6N, for better or worse.

Thank you in advance for your help. :jap:

Edited by dagling

I do everything with mine, had it 3 years and I've done 31 000 kms, not one oil leak!!!

The person who you talked too might have had a bad experience.

Just look on the er6n forum (which I'm sure the mods will move your post there soon) all good news mate, nee bother.

Buy one and keep those good times rolling jap.gif

Umm.....not mine. I have a ER6F but its basically the same bike. I put 8000km in 8 months and rode it pretty hard and never had an issue.

No signs of oils leaks?

Well, I`m going from a cruiser (Vulcan 900) over to a total different type of bike. Before the Vulcan I use to ride a Yamaha Roadstar 1600. Have no experience from a sportsbike before, and want to ask you if you think a ER-6N could be the right bike for me? I`m 182 and about 90 kg.

As I am used to the upright sitting position from the cruiser, I think the ER-6N will suite me better than a Ninja 650?

Any advise welcome.

Umm.....not mine. I have a ER6F but its basically the same bike. I put 8000km in 8 months and rode it pretty hard and never had an issue.

No signs of oils leaks?

Well, I`m going from a cruiser (Vulcan 900) over to a total different type of bike. Before the Vulcan I use to ride a Yamaha Roadstar 1600. Have no experience from a sportsbike before, and want to ask you if you think a ER-6N could be the right bike for me? I`m 182 and about 90 kg.

As I am used to the upright sitting position from the cruiser, I think the ER-6N will suite me better than a Ninja 650?

Any advise welcome.

ninja650 and er6n have exactly same seating position/handlebar/pegs

I am 180 cm and +100kg myself, riding Ninja650

the versys provides a more upright position

No signs of oils leaks?

Any advise welcome.

I'm sure those in the know will pipe up but I believe the seating position is the same on both N and F versions.

Edited by JUDAS

Basically a good all round bike, just runs pretty hot in Thailand, so get vented armor. Also has very basic suspension, so it's a bit squigy and prone to popping out around corners if you're not wearing the right rubber ;)

ER6N, ER6F and Versys - all identical bikes except for a bit of plastic and seating position. Personally I think they are all a bit of a rip off considering what you could buy second hand, but if you want a new, more reliable machine, maybe.

Basically a good all round bike, just runs pretty hot in Thailand, so get vented armor. Also has very basic suspension, so it's a bit squigy and prone to popping out around corners if you're not wearing the right rubber ;)

ER6N, ER6F and Versys - all identical bikes except for a bit of plastic and seating position. Personally I think they are all a bit of a rip off considering what you could buy second hand, but if you want a new, more reliable machine, maybe.

plain wrong

versys has different cam and ECU for engine providing less hp and more low end tourque. It also has different front and rear suspension. Then you can ad all the visible differences :)

a secondhand er6N at 170k baht for a 2-3 year old has basicly no competition at price/value in TH

neither has a 2 year old Ninja 650R ABS :)

To the OP,

never seen an oil leak on one...

But the build quality is not the best, plastics fade fast, chains crap and only last a short time, wheel bairings (rear) failed after 12k (best to replace with sealed ones for these roads), paint on frame very very soft, sore arse with seats on long trips....

So really you gets wot you pay for....but these faults aside, they are not a bad bike

Had two Ninja 650R's (ER6f) and no problems with either. Bulletproof, proven engine. Never heard of oil problems. I am told that the chain's not great, but never needed to replace mine. It could be said that the 650R and ER6n are nearly identical. Just headlight, fairing, mirrors. Everything else the same. Versys diff as KBB said.

The only people I hear badmouthing the EX650 (The Somchai made Kwacker, they call it) are the guys trying to sell the imported grey bikes with dodgy books or the guy renting CBRs and R1's. Ironically the latter now has "Somchai made Kwackers" in his stable.

Best bikes in class for money hands down.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

• 4 weeks later...

My ER6n is now nearly 3 years old, 45.000 km : oil, brake pads, chain and sprockets and no oil leaking or any problem with this excellent quality/price ratio bike.

I am in my sixties, have had bikes since I was 16, my last bike in France was a wonderful Yamaha R1, but I am quite happy with this Kawakasi, even if I prefer a 4 cylinders.

The only minus : I do not like the sound of it...

Edited by THAIFRENCHY