Australian Tourist Visa

Your girlfriend has been issued with a multi entry 676 visa.

This means she can enter Australia for up to 3 months at a time. Her last entry to Australia must be before the visa expires, 1 year from date of issue.

It would be up to DIAC to issue a new visa in Australia, she would require compelling reasons. Very unlikely.

Edited by electau

Your girlfriend has been issued with a multi entry 676 visa.

This means she can enter Australia for up to 3 months at a time. Her last entry to Australia must be before the visa expires, 1 year from date of issue.

It would be up to DIAC to issue a new visa in Australia, she would require compelling reasons. Very unlikely.

I think you've misread post.

Op says "nothing that says NO FURTHUR STAY".

Applicant can apply for further visa's onshore.

Regards

Will

"This means she can enter Australia for up to 3 months at a time" ...

does this mean that she can stay 3 months then leave country then come back and do another 3 months during the year?

Yes, for up to 3 months for each visit to Australia within the 12 month validity period.

So long as it doesn't have an 8503 (no further stay)stamp, that is correct. I have done exactly the same and my GF (now wife) stayed for 6 months. Visa was relatively easy, hardest part was she needed a medical/ chest xray because of the total amount of time in country.

• 2 weeks later...

GF also received yesterday.

She put in her app about 12 days before, on a Friday. Monday got the email saying it was being couriered, turned up Wednesday.

She took bank books, passport (new and old, with relevant stamps), house and land deeds/books. She works at home so no letter from an employer, occupation "farmer". She has about 20k in the bank. I sent her bank statements showing my salary going in, money going out to her, phone and sms records (back about 1 1/2 years), copies of my PP pages showing Thai entry stamps and about 10 photos of us together with places and dates (4 to a page). Also wrote a 2 page letter of "support" stating the usual things, explaining my situation (where I was working before, what I do now, that I am a Kiwi in Oz etc) and listing my trips to Thailand since I have known her and our trips out of Thailand. Also talked a little about travelling to the village and staying at her house, having met her family - Ma, Pa, Aunts, Uncles, siblings, cousins, her 7 yo son. Wrote a short letter of invitation for her.

All in all was relatively painless. Asked for a 3 month multi so we can take a side trip to NZ, haven't got to the bottom of what type of visa was granted yet.

GF also received yesterday.

She put in her app about 12 days before, on a Friday. Monday got the email saying it was being couriered, turned up Wednesday.

She took bank books, passport (new and old, with relevant stamps), house and land deeds/books. She works at home so no letter from an employer, occupation "farmer". She has about 20k in the bank. I sent her bank statements showing my salary going in, money going out to her, phone and sms records (back about 1 1/2 years), copies of my PP pages showing Thai entry stamps and about 10 photos of us together with places and dates (4 to a page). Also wrote a 2 page letter of "support" stating the usual things, explaining my situation (where I was working before, what I do now, that I am a Kiwi in Oz etc) and listing my trips to Thailand since I have known her and our trips out of Thailand. Also talked a little about travelling to the village and staying at her house, having met her family - Ma, Pa, Aunts, Uncles, siblings, cousins, her 7 yo son. Wrote a short letter of invitation for her.

All in all was relatively painless. Asked for a 3 month multi so we can take a side trip to NZ, haven't got to the bottom of what type of visa was granted yet.

It shouldn't be "painfull" , it's a bit of paper....

• 1 month later...