Classy Bars In Chiang Mai?

sonic_11uk

Am paying a visit to Chiang Mai with gf and mates, and am looking for some cool bars for a younger, more afluent crowd.

I couple of years ago, some people I'd met took me to a great bar - live band, blue lights, adjoining garden and I think I remember in my drunken haze, the walls of the mens toilets being low enough so that you could see into the garden when having a piss. It was very nice and I think almost all locals.

Anyone know where I'm talking about?

Cheers!!!

Am paying a visit to Chiang Mai with gf and mates, and am looking for some cool bars for a younger, more afluent crowd.

I couple of years ago, some people I'd met took me to a great bar - live band, blue lights, adjoining garden and I think I remember in my drunken haze, the walls of the mens toilets being low enough so that you could see into the garden when having a piss.  It was very nice and I think almost all locals.

Cheers!!!

Sounds like the riverside, i think i remeber being able to see out through the mens there if im not mistaken, but its all a bit of haze for me too. Im back there very soon so ill check it out

I couple of years ago, some people I'd met took me to a great bar - live band, blue lights, adjoining garden and I think I remember in my drunken haze, the walls of the mens toilets being low enough so that you could see into the garden when having a piss.  It was very nice and I think almost all locals.

Cheers!!!

Perhaps, in your drunken haze you were having a piss in the garden :o

Cheers!!!

Sounds like the riverside, i think i remeber being able to see out through the mens there if im not mistaken, but its all a bit of haze for me too. Im back there very soon so ill check it out

yea sounds about right to me as well from hazy recollections, although more farangs go there now, but still a good mix, although standing room at the bar is minimal the bands are generally good.

there are a few bars along that road that have live music as well.

Sorry but it doesn't sound at all like Riverside to me - no blue lights & no adjoining garden there. I'm going tonight and I'll double check. Sounds more like 61 (now closed) or Monkey Club to me. Any recollection of what part of town, or is the haze too thick? For bands & relatively upscale young thais I'd suggest Warm Up, Monkey Club & Song Saleung out by CMU or one of the places by the river (I like Riverside best but it's true there are more farangs there).

Riverside is the restaurant/bar isn't it? Part of it is open air I think?

That wasn't the one I was describing.

My geography of Chiang Mai isn't so great, but it was about 10mins from the town centre.

The cool bar I went to had big glass windows looking out to the garden, a small bar next to the band area.

I think I remember a lot of blue/green lights, and the toilet area had low walls at the urinals/wash basins.

Riverside is the restaurant/bar isn't it?  Part of it is open air I think?

My geography of Chiang Mai isn't so great, but it was about 10mins from the town centre.

The cool bar I went to had big glass windows looking out to the garden, a small bar next to the band area.

I think I remember a lot of blue/green lights, and the toilet area had low walls at the urinals/wash basins.

Sounds like "Song Saleung " to me. Out west on Canal Rd. :o

Riverside is the restaurant/bar isn't it?  Part of it is open air I think?

Sounds like "Song Saleung " to me. Out west on Canal Rd. :o

Song Saleung...You evr been there?