Superb Studio At Sukhumvit 13

Newly luxury decorated studio available from 10/11/20005 at price of 17000 per month. New aircon,full kitchen,white wooden door and furniture, the price include cable TV, superb location just 5 minutes walk to Nana BTS, great view from high floor.ADSL installed, 4 restaurants, gym,pool, parking, laundry available in the building. The pictrures and more details can be seen here:

http://www.mrroomfinder.com/detail.php?id=623

• 2 weeks later...
Small addition: the condo is for long term rent only. Cant be rented for less than one year contract.

17000 for ONE ROOM!!!! It does have a white door though! Does this price include all utilities including electric, water, internet and phone lines and of course cable TV? Is laundry service and maid service part of the deal? I would also presume that VAT is included. You can't do much damage in one room so will you consider just 17000 to move in? :D:D:D:o

That's an average price for that area mate.

I think that it is still a little high? If the foreigners ever stand up and say NO WAY! prices would come down. I just hate to see us all being seen as suckers. The Thais laugh about our willingness to be taken. It is starting to get to me. Guess I shouldn't get on my soap box. Before anybody says otherwise, I could afford to pay this price but I would never live in one room where I could cook and lay in bed at the same time. If I wanted one room I would get a deal in a hotel where everything is included in the price and even on Sukhumvit there are good deals to be gotten. People who want to live in the Sukhumvit area mention that they like being in the Falang area--just like home. My question would be that if they want to live like at home would they be living in one room and paying twice (or more) the price that their friends who live in 4 or 5 rooms pay. For some it is nice to be near the play-for-pay area but the girls in those places love to get away from them when they have the opportunity. I just don't understand any other reason to live down there and be taken!

Just go three or four BTS stops down and your rent will be reduced substantially.

Like another poster said, this is just the going rate in this area. There is no reason to b!tch and moan, just live somewhere else. Many westerners here, much like the Japanese here, feel more comfortable in a convenient, centrally located area and they are willing to pay more for it.

That's an average price for that area mate.

I think that it is still a little high? If the foreigners ever stand up and say NO WAY! prices would come down. I just hate to see us all being seen as suckers. The Thais laugh about our willingness to be taken. It is starting to get to me. Guess I shouldn't get on my soap box. Before anybody says otherwise, I could afford to pay this price but I would never live in one room where I could cook and lay in bed at the same time. If I wanted one room I would get a deal in a hotel where everything is included in the price and even on Sukhumvit there are good deals to be gotten. People who want to live in the Sukhumvit area mention that they like being in the Falang area--just like home. My question would be that if they want to live like at home would they be living in one room and paying twice (or more) the price that their friends who live in 4 or 5 rooms pay. For some it is nice to be near the play-for-pay area but the girls in those places love to get away from them when they have the opportunity. I just don't understand any other reason to live down there and be taken!

The Dude has advice for you dude, if you don't dig the prices down here, no prob mon. The Dude Shells 55K to live right in the middle of this wonderland and he's happier than a pig in shit! He would never ever live anywhere else. You cheapo chukies can go live in your slums with your rats, roaches and other slime, it makes no matter to The Dude. He will live on in paradise and shell out the big bucks with an ear to ear smile on his face. Dig that with a couple 'o shovels, Jack

Just go three or four BTS stops down and your rent will be reduced substantially.

Like another poster said, this is just the going rate in this area. There is no reason to b!tch and moan, just live somewhere else. Many westerners here, much like the Japanese here, feel more comfortable in a convenient, centrally located area and they are willing to pay more for it.

I agree with the above. I also prefer living smack dab in the middle (I guess Im a city boy)...I paid higher rent (and eventually broke down and bought a condo) to live in the middle....I had an option to live way out in Soi Thonglor for the same rent (but in exchange for more than double the space) but I personally didnt like the trade-off...

I guess its a matter of supply and demand and also personal preferences :o

I have friends, that for the same money, live way out in the suburbs because they personally prefer a stand- alone house with garden (and they dont mind the long commute), but that would NOT suit me at all....

You cheapo chukies can go live in your slums with your rats, roaches and other slime, it makes no matter to The Dude. He will live on in paradise and shell out the big bucks with an ear to ear smile on his face.

Dude............! I think it's a little unfair to assume anyone living in an apartment building or condominium for less than whatever it is you consider to be 'big bucks' is a slum etc. It's also a very naive view of the property market here, as Bangkok in particular is not a place where you always get what you pay for!

I lived in a large 3 bedroom en-suite apartment for my first 12 months in Thailand (also 55,000 THB/Mo.) along the Sukhumvit ghetto and it was certainly big but was definitely not beautiful, despite occupancy being full of expats and a few 'dudes' in all of its 3 towers!

The place I moved to after that was much smaller, less than half the price, and overall of a much higher standard than the previous joint.

There are others living here in Thailand (expat fat cats) that would consider residing in a place for just 55,000 THB/Mo. a very bog-standard, generally priced accommodation type for the working classes of the expat community, and they personally wouldn't dream of lowering 'their standards' to be crunched up in such close-nit habitats. You see, It's all relevant!

Your home is your home, you budget is your budget and it's what you make it that determines its true worth to you, both as a place to live and the quality of living that it gives you personally.

So let's have a little less of the provocative posts and rid those tones of 'I'm better than you' because I (or my company) spend more on accommodation than you do!!!!

This forum is for the benefit of all home hunters whether it's those looking for a 2,000 THB/Mo. crash pad or the perfect penthouse.

Aitch.

I also prefer living smack dab in the middle (I guess Im a city boy)...I paid higher rent (and eventually broke down and bought a condo) to live in the middle....I had an option to live way out in Soi Thonglor for the same rent

Well, it doesn't get any more relative than this, I reckon.... :D

Just where eactly is your 'smack dab in the middle' anyway? I live in Thong Lor-- just as happy as a clam-- and consider myself to be at the inner urban circle of things city wise. And who wouldn't think of themselves as city-centric if the BTS really were a 5 min. walk away- as it is in my case.

Then too, maybe I think thus because you couldn't pay me to live in the lower Sukh. ghetto.

Relative enough for you? :o

Edited by GoodHeart

Well it was only 2 months ago i saw a studio on soi 1 near the hospital for 10,000 a month, was 32sqm, and fully furnished, absolute steal at that price then compared to this price, i also believe that 17k is rather expensive here. For a 50sqm 1 bedroom ok but for a studio?,, good luck in renting it, i certainly would not.

Then too, maybe I think thus because you couldn't pay me to live in the lower Sukh. ghetto.

Same here.

The zone between Phloenchit and Thong Lor is a void to me. No matter how good or affordable apartments there could be, would not give them a glance (except, maybe, Emporium Suites, when on business).

Would not even want to be seen getting on/off the Sky Train at Nana or Asoke.

I also prefer living smack dab in the middle (I guess Im a city boy)...I paid higher rent (and eventually broke down and bought a condo) to live in the middle....I had an option to live way out in Soi Thonglor for the same rent

Just where eactly is your 'smack dab in the middle' anyway? I live in Thong Lor-- just as happy as a clam-- and consider myself to be at the inner urban circle of things city wise. And who wouldn't think of themselves as city-centric if the BTS really were a 5 min. walk away- as it is in my case.

Sorry, but I never said this. watch the quote boxes. :D

The best thing about Bangkok is that there is such a wide range of rents available.

One could rent a studio apartment anywhere from 2,500 baht on up to 20,000 baht depending on location. What if there was no choice and everything was on the high side? :o:D

Same here.

The zone between Phloenchit and Thong Lor is a void to me. No matter how good or affordable apartments there could be, would not give them a glance (except, maybe, Emporium Suites, when on business).

Seen by who?Why would anybody care who sees them?

Same here.

Seen by who?Why would anybody care who sees them?

Amen to that, Mr Cwilliam, I mean gimme a break if I give a rat's as s who sees me. You couldn't pay me to call anywhere else home besides that golden road btw Asok and Nana stations. But you better watch out though cause I might see you get off the skytrain there.

And regarding the studio at Sukhumvit Suite for 17K, it's the going rate in that bldg for sure. I used to live there

Sukhumvit Suite prices for studio room starting around 13000 for not nice decorated, old fashion rooms and up to 18000 for good ones. The location is the key...I stay here for one year already, and posponed my "check out" to 22 of November, cause my True contract will be done then. Want to move to one bedroom condo, not more than 25000 baht, any ideas guys?

Well it was only 2 months ago i saw a studio on soi 1 near the hospital for 10,000 a month, was 32sqm, and fully furnished, absolute steal at that price then compared to this price, i also believe that 17k is rather expensive here. For a 50sqm 1 bedroom ok but for a studio?,, good luck in renting it, i certainly would not.

I lived accross the bridge behind Kaosan rd for 6 months in a room twice that size ,tv,air fridge ,western bed, balcony,security...........5,000 a month everything,,,, Iloved it :o

Sure non of my business, but give me one reason, why to leave your home country, come to Thailand and leave in some rat hole, and not in luxury style when it is available here for half or even less of what it cost in farangland?

I don't care so much if it's a rat hole as long as it's a BIG rat hole. Living in a 28 square meter studio is NOT my idea of living. :o

my idea of smack dab in the middle is Soi Lang Suan......is that included in your idea of "lower Sukh. ghetto"? if so we have very diff ideas of what constitutes a ghetto....

You couldn't pay me to call anywhere else home besides that golden road btw Asok and Nana stations.

A "Magnificient Mile". How does it fare compared to it's namesake in Chicago?

With fake goods stalls and cracked pavements. Shame for Thailand, I think.

I can't imagine my family fighting their way through that crap every day.