BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Doi Thong

Superb Studio At Sukhumvit 13

Then too, maybe I think thus because you couldn't pay me to live in the lower Sukh. ghetto.

Same here.

The zone between Phloenchit and Thong Lor is a void to me. No matter how good or affordable apartments there could be, would not give them a glance (except, maybe, Emporium Suites, when on business).

Would not even want to be seen getting on/off the Sky Train at Nana or Asoke.

Seen by who?Why would anybody care who sees them?

Then too, maybe I think thus because you couldn't pay me to live in the lower Sukh. ghetto.

Same here.

The zone between Phloenchit and Thong Lor is a void to me. No matter how good or affordable apartments there could be, would not give them a glance (except, maybe, Emporium Suites, when on business).

Would not even want to be seen getting on/off the Sky Train at Nana or Asoke.

Seen by who?Why would anybody care who sees them?

Amen to that, Mr Cwilliam, I mean gimme a break if I give a rat's as s who sees me. You couldn't pay me to call anywhere else home besides that golden road btw Asok and Nana stations. But you better watch out though cause I might see you get off the skytrain there.

And regarding the studio at Sukhumvit Suite for 17K, it's the going rate in that bldg for sure. I used to live there

Sukhumvit Suite prices for studio room starting around 13000 for not nice decorated, old fashion rooms and up to 18000 for good ones. The location is the key...I stay here for one year already, and posponed my "check out" to 22 of November, cause my True contract will be done then. Want to move to one bedroom condo, not more than 25000 baht, any ideas guys?

Well it was only 2 months ago i saw a studio on soi 1 near the hospital for 10,000 a month, was 32sqm, and fully furnished, absolute steal at that price then compared to this price, i also believe that 17k is rather expensive here. For a 50sqm 1 bedroom ok but for a studio?,, good luck in renting it, i certainly would not.

I lived accross the bridge behind Kaosan rd for 6 months in a room twice that size ,tv,air fridge ,western bed, balcony,security...........5,000 a month everything,,,, Iloved it :o

Sure non of my business, but give me one reason, why to leave your home country, come to Thailand and leave in some rat hole, and not in luxury style when it is available here for half or even less of what it cost in farangland?

Sure non of my business, but give me one reason, why to leave your home country, come to Thailand and leave in some rat hole, and not in luxury style when it is available here for half or even less of what it cost in farangland?

I don't care so much if it's a rat hole as long as it's a BIG rat hole. Living in a 28 square meter studio is NOT my idea of living. :o

I also prefer living smack dab in the middle (I guess Im a city boy)...I paid higher rent (and eventually broke down and bought a condo) to live in the middle....I had an option to live way out in Soi Thonglor for the same rent

Well, it doesn't get any more relative than this, I reckon.... :D

Just where eactly is your 'smack dab in the middle' anyway? I live in Thong Lor-- just as happy as a clam-- and consider myself to be at the inner urban circle of things city wise. And who wouldn't think of themselves as city-centric if the BTS really were a 5 min. walk away- as it is in my case.

Relative enough for you? :o

my idea of smack dab in the middle is Soi Lang Suan......is that included in your idea of "lower Sukh. ghetto"? if so we have very diff ideas of what constitutes a ghetto....

You couldn't pay me to call anywhere else home besides that golden road btw Asok and Nana stations.

A "Magnificient Mile". How does it fare compared to it's namesake in Chicago?

With fake goods stalls and cracked pavements. Shame for Thailand, I think.

I can't imagine my family fighting their way through that crap every day.