Goodbye

sunholidaysun1

The poster referred to considers himself better informed on Chiang Rai than most and treats differing opinions with open contempt.

Subsequently his current inability to avoid the forum after threatening to do so is causing some amusement among people he's offended in the past.

Come back sunholidaysun1, everyone has a place here, even silly old buggers like ourselves. :lol:

Oh Really !!

was the OP a joke? ....now that he's back?

I admit, I've been turned off by the C.Rai forum, but perhaps for different reasons than the OP.

The issue for me (former name; Brahmburgers) has been a few frequent posters who, while thinking they're witty, are actually digging all around to try and find any sort of dirt to toss. It's annoying at best.

In a general sense, a person can easily disparage anything that's written, if he so chooses. Yet, what's the point in being incessently derogatory?

It reminds me of the cartoon I saw (sorry, don't have it on hand) with the caption, "If the real world was like the Bloggers' world". It shows a guy standing at a bus stop, asking for the time. Everyone around him has smart-ass derogatory responses, like "Are you such a cheapskate you can't even buy a watch?" or other such witticisms.

As sure as night follows day, at least one of the unmentioned will take some little part of this blurb, twist it around, and try to denigrate it, while thinking they're oh so witty.

was the OP a joke? ....now that he's back?

I admit, I've been turned off by the C.Rai forum, but perhaps for different reasons than the OP.

The issue for me (former name; Brahmburgers) has been a few frequent posters who, while thinking they're witty, are actually digging all around to try and find any sort of dirt to toss. It's annoying at best.

In a general sense, a person can easily disparage anything that's written, if he so chooses. Yet, what's the point in being incessently derogatory?

It reminds me of the cartoon I saw (sorry, don't have it on hand) with the caption, "If the real world was like the Bloggers' world". It shows a guy standing at a bus stop, asking for the time. Everyone around him has smart-ass derogatory responses, like "Are you such a cheapskate you can't even buy a watch?" or other such witticisms.

As sure as night follows day, at least one of the unmentioned will take some little part of this blurb, twist it around, and try to denigrate it, while thinking they're oh so witty.

Hello Brahmburgers, I wondered what happened to you ? Nice to see you return as "Maidu".

With over 1,600 views so far, this 2nd most popular open thread is heartwarming. I should have said "goodbye" ages ago to generate such a following to the Chiang Rai forum. :D

Very new here but I am struggling to understand why the OP gave such a categorical statement and then is now back. Hmmmm maybe I need to be educated to the way things work in Chiang Rai :lol:

With over 1,600 views so far, this 2nd most popular open thread is heartwarming. I should have said "goodbye" ages ago to generate such a following to the Chiang Rai forum. :D

Very new here but I am struggling to understand why the OP gave such a categorical statement and then is now back. Hmmmm maybe I need to be educated to the way things work in Chiang Rai :lol:

The way things work in forums dude, definitely not just a Chiang Rai thing.

I believe the procedure is known as "flouncing". B)

flouncing: present participle of flounce (Verb)

Verb:

1. Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: "he stood up in a fury and flounced out". :lol:

Verb:

1. Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: "he stood up in a fury and flounced out". :lol:

Wow - I finally learned something here. well, sorta anyway... about forums, and their lingo, anyway.

Thanks Scea. It is SO important for an old guy to try n stay up to date 'n all...

used to pick up shi'ite like that from a gay business partner. Miss that. Flouncing. It's just so, well, melodramatic! gotta dig it.

Verb:

Flouncing is just one of the many techniques used by the forum “fluffers” in their efforts to keep the other members aroused. :D