British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The extradition shall not take place unless the evidence be found sufficient according to the laws of the State

applied to, either to justify the committal of the prisoner for trial, in case the crime had been committed in

the territory of the said State..."

The above quote is from Section 11 of:

TREATY BETWEEN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND SIAM RESPECTING THE

EXTRADITION OF FUGITIVE CRIMINALS.

Sign at Bangkok, March 4, 1911.

(Ratifications exchanged at London, August 1, 1911.)

It's quite probable the Thai authorities have little or no evidence that would stand up in a UK court of law on a charge of murder (assuming the charges as laid are appropriate to the offense and can be prosecuted with a high probability of conviction) and therefore the subject/accused of extradition would not be compelled to be extradited. But of course, falsification of documents is pretty standard in TH. So, wait and see the outcome of the accused's appeal.

There are literally dozens of witnesses. CCTV footage of him in the initial fight, CCTV footage of him robbing the knives from the 7-11 and CCTV footage of him in the hotel where he stabbed the Marine. I am pretty sure even the most liberal of courts would call this enough evidence to bring the man to trial. Why would you make a comment about the Thais falsifying documents? It is all but a gurantee that this extradition is being driven by the US not the Thai government. I am not sure if you remember this initial reporting of this case, but it was hardly a quiet crime. This guy went on a drunken drug addled rampage through the streets wielding knives covered in blood, the murder was only the most heinous of his crimes that evening.

Why is hating Thailand such a passion of people who post on this board? If you are that unhappy in Thailand why do you stay?\\

No hate, no bias, just the facts. And, why would you assume any facts that are unsubstantiated? Reread your post, give it a little more thought, and then put the pen on the paper. Keep things clear and to the point objectively. Falsifying documents....in TH....who are you trying fool except yourself?

The facts aren't unsubstantiated...the videos of this guy stealing the knives and numerous people trying to grab him and stop his rampage are on You Tube for Christ sake! Why are you blindly defending a murderer just because you are so hateful of Thailand? You talk about clear and objective? What documents are you accusing the Thais of falsifying? You made the accusation right? Please defend it? Innocent until proven guilty is a western concept. It is not universal. We can give the guy the benefit of the doubt if we choose too, but the evidence that is available just by googling this case is overwhelming. Certainly more than enough to bring him to trial. Please don't let your racism towards Thailand feed into this delusional belief that a white Expat can do no wrong.

The US has absolutely no jurisdiction to have anything at all to do with the case.

His lawyers cannot go through the evidence with a fine tooth comb when arguing against extradition, that is what a trial is for. The extradition hearing does not have to consider if he murdered the guy beyond a reasonable doubt, that is for the Thai court to determine.

All the UK is concerned with is whether he has been charged, is there enough prima facie evidence to warrant that charge (not beyond reasonable doubt that he did it), and consider the human rights aspect.

If the UK doesn't extradite him then that is the end of the matter, the US can do nothing, unless of course they conduct an extraordinary rendition and have him tortured in Egypt then have him disappear in a black hole for a few years.

Yes, makes sense to me. That wikileaks dude who is the subject of an extradition warrant from the UK by Sweden is ONLY to interrogate him about the rape allegations. He has not formally been charged with a crime in Sweden but is only being extradited to be interviewed....if you can beleive what you read in the press.

The ranting on this thread is just more confirmation of entitled bitter British economic refugee expats thinking that they are above the law of any country but their own. Just because their dole payment goes farther in Thailand doesn't mean they have to be here. More reason to avoid all the Pattaya and Phuket dumps populated by the tightwad Chang drinking flip flop crowd.

I love being in Thailand, I encounter none of these problems with the law or crooked taxi's or angry thai boyfriends weilding machetes. Probably because I stick to high class places that charge more than 100 Baht for a beer, so no Brit would be caught dead in them.

Sorry if this is random and off topic. I just figured all the rampant Thai/America bashing that goes on here on TV needed a counterpoint.

You slander an entire society due to the deeds of a dodgy few and wonder why people bash you and yours. What a piece of work. Btw, are you sure you know what 'class' is? It's not wearing socks under your sandals, you know. :whistling:

The ranting on this thread is just more confirmation of entitled bitter British economic refugee expats thinking that they are above the law of any country but their own. Just because their dole payment goes farther in Thailand doesn't mean they have to be here. More reason to avoid all the Pattaya and Phuket dumps populated by the tightwad Chang drinking flip flop crowd.

I love being in Thailand, I encounter none of these problems with the law or crooked taxi's or angry thai boyfriends weilding machetes. Probably because I stick to high class places that charge more than 100 Baht for a beer, so no Brit would be caught dead in them.

Sorry if this is random and off topic. I just figured all the rampant Thai/America bashing that goes on here on TV needed a counterpoint.

I stick to "high class"???

Right, the "high class" get their underlings to do the dirty work. Good counterpoint.

The high class or HiSo carry out executions in nightclubs safe in the knowledge they can do it with impunity.

Good to see I was able to stir the pot.

There are plenty of Chang drinking Americans, Germans, Scandinavians etc etc etc :whistling:

Basically, the English bloke is a bully (as can be seen from the video...if that is him...although I'm not sure as he looked a lot bigger)

Like all bully's one day he met someone bigger and tougher (or more sober).

And although Americans are rightly proud of their serviceman, that fact that he was "a marine" probably had nothing to do with him "winning". As can be seen Aldhouse aka shithouse was bladdered.

Extradition will take another year at least...High Court, Supreme Court etc etc etc although it will be complicated my Thailand's death penalty.

These thing's can take forever as the case of Gary McKinnon in the UK illustrates (although only a computer-hacking conspiracy theorist)

Finally, RIP Mr Longfellow...a very sad way to go. :wai:

RAZZ

I remember reading about this incident. I thought the fellow reported as killing the US gentleman has a strong case against him.

I can't see the need to change the venue, because the fight might be harder in a Thai jail. If you are prepared to fight and take a life, be prepared for what comes next.

Its sad a young man's life has been taken. However my compassion does not include taking the aggressor's life, but there is need for this person to spend a lot of time in jail. Do the act in Thailand, get jailed in Thailand. If the Yanks extradite this man, he will be very lucky.

You slander an entire society due to the deeds of a dodgy few and wonder why people bash you and yours. What a piece of work. Btw, are you sure you know what 'class' is? It's not wearing socks under your sandals, you know. :whistling:

Touched a nerve I guess?

1 Word PR!CK!!! pays 100 baht for a beer and thinks hes a bigshot. hahahahahahahahaha

A few things.

A) Thailand is on the Human Rights Watch List for countless violations, especially regarding prison conditions. His attorney's will probably be all over that in an effort to stop it.

B) The U.S. actually DOES have jurisdiction, and grounds to request he be sent there for trial, due to the fact that he not only killed a U.S. Citizen, but a member of the U.S. Military who was on medical leave from active duty. I think maybe they might be waiting to see what happens with the extradition to Thailand. If this scumbag is able to successfully stop being sent to Thailand, then the U.S. will probably start extradition proceedings to have him brought there for trial.

As a former Marine myself (20 yrs), I would love to see them send this guy to visit the unit Dashawn was part of. Trust me, justice would be served.

"As a former Marine myself (20 yrs), I would love to see them send this guy to visit the unit Dashawn was part of. Trust me, justice would be served."

I certainly hope you are right. With that being the likely outcome, it's a pity there isn't a fast tract to that conclusion. It would save a lot of time and money and bring the case to an end. However, we can just be thankful he didn't make a dash for Norway.

From the comments it seems that many think it relevant that a British lowlife killed a "battle hardened US marine". Would they feel the same if a British lowlife killed a German, French or Italian lowlife? There seems an element of flag waving here.

If he gets put in a Thai prison, he may wish he had received the death sentence instead.

Exactly.

It likely is a fate worse than death,

or death by other means, if he is the arrogant juice-head (steroids) he appears to be. Plus being a Muay Thai fighter, how many will want to prove he is not as good as they are....How long will this nutter last in the general population before his premature exit is assured?

It’s not going to happen, the Human rights court in Europe will not allow extradition to any country that has such appalling conditions as Thailand, Can all dream and cry hang them high, but it’s not going to happen, certain standards in Europe are classed as humane and Thailand does not come up to those standards.

His only detention in UK is on issue of extradition warrant, which will not be met. Britain like many other Western countries can try and convict it’s own citizens for sexual crimes abroad, so why not for murder, maybe a possibility but never extradite for sure. Newspapers print B---S—T to generate emotions and sales

A post of pure ignorance. Reminds me why i seldom bother posting on this forum.

What a load of lard, maybe some one should point out the fact that there are many people rotting in Thai jails for much lesser crimes, if they decide not to send him to Thailand because it's jails violate human rights, i rest my case with the uselessness of the western world! good enough for an over stayer, it's good enough for a murderer!! :annoyed:

Edited by blabla1

i bow and" wai" you oh "great one" as you are a far superior bieng to the rest of us on here, .......hope you enjoy your beer with the HI-SO this evening , and i apologise for my fellow countyman for not being able to afford to wear prada shoes or drink cocktails in central plaza , the fact that we have been dragged into wars that we can not afford to fight ,along with the banking crisis and the influx of refuges and the strong baht/week pound does not allow us all to lead your affluent life style,..i am sorry .:jap:

Edited by osiboy

What a load of lard, maybe some one should point out the fact that there are many people rotting in Thai jails for much lesser crimes, if they decide not to send him to Thailand because it's jails violate human rights, i rest my case with the uselessness of the western world! good enough for an over stayer, it's good enough for a murderer!! :annoyed:

You used the words rotting in Thai jail That is why they will not agree to extradition, Just because he is an animal, should I be one also? makes me on par with him only different circumstances, yes he is an animal

i am no lawyer, but he wont be leaving the UK,

his lawyer will use the Euro Human Rights Crap

- The right to a family life

Its what all the immigrants use to stop being deported to there homelands, and his lawyer will use this plus other clauses for lee not to be sent to thailand

Tough to sell that new age huggy kissy nonsense when there is a cut and dried murder case hanging overhead. Big difference between deporting an illegal who is staying with their family, and returning a murderer who was arrested at the airport fleeing from justice.

The fact that the UK government already negotiated the extradition to exclude the death penalty suggests he is going. If they weren't intending to let him go, they would not have gone to the effort of negotiating the extradition. They simply would have said no.

Honestly, we can't have a double standard either. We in the west are cracking down on Thailand as a haven for criminals, demanding they arrest and extradite our wanted men. Thailand has so far been cooperating to some degree. We can't be two faced. We have to return the favor. I think pressure on the Thai government to bring this guy to justice will be quite strong. The US doesn't look kindly on its servicemen being knifed by a well known drug addicted bully while they are on leave.

To answer some other posts. I am hardly a lawyer, but I don't see how the US could have any jurisdiction here other than political pressure. There is a law in the US that a US citizen can be prosecuted for class A felonies (severe crimes such as murder, rape and pedophilia) no matter where they occur in the world, but I don't see how they can apply this to a non US citizen? Any armchair TV lawyers out there care to set us straight on that?

Anyway. Regardless of your leanings or where your national loyalties lay (America hating seeming to be a major passtime on TV, second only to Thai hating) A murderer is a murderer and they need to be brought to justice, no matter where it happens. Taking the life of another human being outside the auspices of the state is completely unacceptable. It is an insult to the very fabric of society, and can not be tolerated.

"and can not be tolerated."

Wrong. It is not only tolerated, but is common practice for the CIA. And have you ever heard of Mossad?

"We in the west..." .. :jap:

Oh I don't know about >100baht beers...I just avoid places where heavily tatooed people with shaved heads who answer to names like Pitbull hang out. :jap:

i am no lawyer, but he wont be leaving the UK,

his lawyer will use the Euro Human Rights Crap

- The right to a family life

Its what all the immigrants use to stop being deported to there homelands, and his lawyer will use this plus other clauses for lee not to be sent to thailand

I think you may well be right. He'll argue his human rights will be violated in a Thai prison because he won't be allowed his color tv, xbox and mobile 'phone !!

You are spot on there TV Mobile, Internet, Art classes 3 meals a day and £15 per week for smokes u wont get them treats in the BKK Hilton !!!!!

I am surprised his lawyers have not tried to get the US to charge him and get him extradited there ... but not sure even with the victim being a serviceman that the US could hold any jurisdiction.

I thought the fact he allegedly murdered a US citizen gives them jurisdiction worldwide

That is what the American government think because they don't give a s*** about other countries laws

Edited by FritsSikkink

Touched a nerve I guess?

No, he's just pointing out what a hypocrite you are.....

Oh I don't know about >100baht beers...I just avoid places where heavily tatooed people with shaved heads who answer to names like Pitbull hang out. :jap:

Good Point.

You would think that the EU courts will have to be very careful on any ruling here. Unlike saying no to the death penalty or a specific prison [supermax ] They would be ruling that the entire Thai prison system, was an abuse of human rights, thus rendering all EU national treaties with Thailand void. Safe haven for drug traffickers, money laundering and any other thing you can name. Treaties have to work both ways. Jim

Who says money can't buy you class when all you need is to spend 100 baht on a bottle of beer.I must be due a knighthood by now.

A post of pure ignorance. Reminds me why i seldom bother posting on this forum.

Well yes, one of the many posts of at least partial ignorance if not pure, but you say "seldom bother posting"?

Good Point.

Yes I agree, it is a very good point. But it's not possible to be so selective when standing in line at the Thai consulate in Penang. I just wish the Thai authorities were able to be more selective there and then.

You would think that the EU courts will have to be very careful on any ruling here. Unlike saying no to the death penalty or a specific prison [supermax ] They would be ruling that the entire Thai prison system, was an abuse of human rights, thus rendering all EU national treaties with Thailand void. Safe haven for drug traffickers, money laundering and any other thing you can name. Treaties have to work both ways. Jim

Yes you are right, we wouldn't want all those bad things happening in Thailand.:lol: :lol: