British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

They had to give up the death penality to make it happen, what will be the basis for his appeal be, I donot like Thailand

This is probably bad. Years in a Thai prison are virtually a death penalty. How many Thais have been extradited to Britain?

No idea but would also be curious. Keep in mind if he is returned, convicted and sentenced that he will almost surely be transferred back to the UK to serve the majority of his time. I forget how it works and not sure if he can immediately file this request after sentencing or if he needs to serve a certain percentage of his time first. The times I have read about this though, I seem to recall folks only doing a couple years before being transferred to their home country. Personally I would just be happy with him sitting in a Thai jail while he stood trial here and then ship him back to the UK to serve his sentence.

I'd also be curious if any of the time he is serving now would be considered as time served if he is sentenced in a Thai Court. I think he has already been in jail a couple years and if he is convicted of the crime in Thailand he would probably only have to serve about 8-years if he is good , admits to the crime and shows remorse.

The bad thing with him not doing the time in Thailand is that he would likely have to serve more time if transferred back to the UK after sentencing. Even though he may only do 8-years, his sentence could be 20-years or more but I don't think the Thais would be as keen to grant reductions as they do for those serving time here as I believe when prisoners are transfered back to their home country they need to serve the entire time and their can be no pardons or paroles from their home country and these would need to come from the country (Thailand) that sentenced him.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

deleted

Nice one. By deleting the post where you suddenly introduced a Thai military unit and tried to suggest that I had confused it with the BPP (presumably after you noticed that I failed to qoute you in my reply so you could do that and leave no trace), you cover that weak dodge and make my reply senseless.

Not the first time you've done that, I recall.

Whatever. Carry on with your defense of the RTP. You have succeeded in getting me to butt out.

There seems to be a lot of deliberate dishonesty, misquoting and straw-man arguments from that poster.

deleted

Nice one. By deleting the post where you suddenly introduced a Thai military unit and tried to suggest that I had confused it with the BPP (presumably after you noticed that I failed to qoute you in my reply so you could do that and leave no trace), you cover that weak dodge and make my reply senseless.

Whatever. Carry on with your defense of the RTP. You have succeeded in getting me to butt out.

There seems to be a lot of deliberate dishonesty, misquoting and straw-man arguments from that poster.

In my experience, it has ever been thus.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

deleted

Of course this is another claim you cannot back up such as your claims that I "continued" to "allege" he didn't go through a border crossing to get out of the country, your constant snipping of quotes to misdirect the point / topic, your claim that Thai police were on record saying he would be captured within a week, your claim the Thai police showed "gross incompetence" by not arresting him before he escaped Phuket and the country and your claim the Thai Police is one of the largest in the world per capita (then getting into the number of Border Patrol soldiers .....

But I have been pretty clear in my goal of trying to keep on topic and try to have a discussion with you about your stating as fact the Thai Police were grossly incompetent.

I think it is obvious that we all sometimes need to look in the mirror before accusing others of things to make sure we are not deflecting are own issues on somebody else ... which we all can be guilty of sometimes.

Again, the only thing you have shared to support your claim of Gross Incompetence for his being allowed to get out of Phuket and Thailand is that he likely went through a small border crossing within 3-days of the murder to get out of the country. Do I have this right or do you have more to support your claim of Gross Incompetence for his escaping Phuket and Thailand?

And just to make sure there is no straw man here .. I am talking about these words from you which I believe were part of your case as to why he should not stand trial here ...

Thai authorities showed gross incompetence by allowing him to first escape Phuket island and then the country itself

Two instances of gross incompetence you names and so far you have provided just one possibility to cover just one of your claims and although I don't think any facts back up your theory on getting out of Thailand being gross incompetence, I accept it since we don't have more facts and it is plausible they screwed up at the check point or alerting the check point. So, what about the the other claim regarding getting out of Phuket being gross misconduct?

Edited by Nisa

deleted

Of course this is another claim you cannot back up such as your claims that I "continued" to "allege" he didn't go through a border crossing to get out of the country, your constant snipping of quotes to misdirect the point / topic, your claim that Thai police were on record saying he would be captured within a week, your claim the Thai police showed "gross incompetence" by not arresting him before he escaped Phuket and the country and your claim the Thai Police is one of the largest in the world per capita (then getting into the number of Border Patrol soldiers .....

But I have been pretty clear in my goal of trying to keep on topic and try to have a discussion with you about your stating as fact the Thai Police were grossly incompetent.

I think it is obvious that we all sometimes need to look in the mirror before accusing others of things to make sure we are not deflecting are own issues on somebody else ... which we all can be guilty of sometimes.

Again, the only thing you have shared to support your claim of Gross Incompetence for his being allowed to get out of Phuket and Thailand is that he likely went through a small border crossing within 3-days of the murder to get out of the country. Do I have this right or do you have more to support your claim of Gross Incompetence for his escaping Phuket and Thailand?

And just to make sure there is no straw man here .. I am talking about these words from you which I believe were part of your case as to why he should not stand trial here ...

Thai authorities showed gross incompetence by allowing him to first escape Phuket island and then the country itself

Two instances of gross incompetence you names and so far you have provided just one possibility to cover just one of your claims and although I don't think any facts back up your theory on getting out of Thailand being gross incompetence, I accept it since we don't have more facts and it is plausible they screwed up at the check point or alerting the check point. So, what about the the other claim regarding getting out of Phuket being gross misconduct?

Haha, the voice of reason and inegrity.

• 4 weeks later...