Brawl At Reggae Concert On Cha-Am Beach Leaves Hundreds Injured

roly

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brawl at Reggae Concert on Cha-Am Beach Leaves Hundreds Injured

A brawl broke out at the 3rd Annual 'Reggae on the Rock' music festival held on Cha-Am Beach in Phetchaburi Province, leaving more than 200 people injured.

A large brawl broke out at the 3rd Annual 'Reggae on the Rock' music festival held on Cha-Am Beach in Phetchaburi Province over the weekend.

Thousands of people traveled from Bangkok and the surrounding provinces to see the show.

The brawl was started by a group of teenagers who attacked each other with various types of weapons including knives, machetes, and firearms.

While no one was killed, more than 200 people are believed to have been injured in the incident.

Authorities struggled to contain the situation despite having deployed more than 500 police officers and security volunteers in the area.

The violence continued late into the night, even though the concert ended at 11 P.M.

Hundreds of instigators were arrested and taken away in police trucks.

The music festival series has been held for three years now. Each time, the event attracts massive numbers of young people.

The violent incident was not the first of its kind for this concert series.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-09-05

footer_n.gif

This is what happens when there is a shortage of good ganja at a reggae concert. B)

Agreed!!!! This nonsense kinda detracts from the whole ideology of Reggae and it's calming / peaceful effect..... Wonder if the young listeners even listen to the lyrics (much less understand it...) - sad :huh:

This is what happens when there is a shortage of good ganja at a reggae concert. B)

:lol: :lol: You got that right! To much booze and yaba and other hard sh*t. Long way from the good ole days of woodstock. Sounds more like the Hells Angels at Altimont Calif. with the stones only magnified to the tenth power.

i went last year and i didn't see much (if any) reggae acts, mostly boy bands.

kids getting out of control at concerts seems to be all too common in thailand, i've had to make many a hasty exit when fights broke out on several occasions.

why can't the police simply frisk everyone going in like in europe and us, no weapons would certainly slow things down a lot.

Hmmm, makes me think twice about the TVF event this month. Cha-am is Hua Hin, right?

I don't understand how 500 security personnel could not contain the problem?

I believe the off-the-record cop neighbor. THAT'S how the farang Nation reporter in the BTS thread should get his info.

Wow! Missed that statement wherever that "Thais are not violent."

Thai boxing is often the cornerstone of many of the world's top mixed martial artists.

Some of the best advice I received when I first arrived in Thailand was "when you see Thais drinking, go the other direction."

It's JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE. Drugs and alcohol lower inhibitions. And then the true nature of the person comes out.

If they are a violent person something is going to happen.

But most of the people are just going to chill out, have a good time and/or fall asleep.

USA, UK, Thailand, crowds are dangerous.

Edited by plumeria

A guy on one of the other forums said that "Thai's are not violent". I guess somebody needs to adjust his opinion to include people outside his home.

He obviously haven't seen any of those ANTI-Sanook sanook morons during Songkran that shoot, stab, bash, kill.

To them animals it IS sanook!

Agreed!!!! This nonsense kinda detracts from the whole ideology of Reggae and it's calming / peaceful effect..... Wonder if the young listeners even listen to the lyrics (much less understand it...) - sad :huh:

Has it occurred to you that the guys showing up with machetes, guns, etc weren't actually there for the music?

Just look at the Thai Soaps - it is all women-beating , gang violence - guns - drugs etc yet if somebody smokes they blur it out . They are fed this every day - and they think this is normal

living :ph34r:

Yes, I always say to my Thai wife when she watches those stupid soaps " why are they always so angry?" But the soaps are like that in other countries also. And the blurred out cigs are so stupid and just ruins the movie...like the kids don't know what they are putting up to their mouth!

A guy on one of the other forums said that "Thai's are not violent". I guess somebody needs to adjust his opinion to include people outside his home.

Anyone who makes that statement "Txxi's are not violent" must still be coming thru immigration on his first visit"

Hahahaaa, you forgot to mention and covered in clipped on money of which there is an endless supply!

Quote> "Authorities struggled to contain the situation despite having deployed more than 500 police officers and security volunteers in the area."Unquote.

I guess someone forgot to tell the 500 policemen what they should do.

Cha-am is not Hua Hin and believe me the TVF event won't be anything like this and you cann't even compare this to that as that's an absurd comparison to be honest.The most fighting you might see at the TVF event is every body fighting for the free beer at the bar!!!!

Hmmm, makes me think twice about the TVF event this month. Cha-am is Hua Hin, right?

I don't understand how 500 security personnel could not contain the problem?

I believe the off-the-record cop neighbor. THAT'S how the farang Nation reporter in the BTS thread should get his info.

Wow! Missed that statement wherever that "Thais are not violent."

Thai boxing is often the cornerstone of many of the world's top mixed martial artists.

Some of the best advice I received when I first arrived in Thailand was "when you see Thais drinking, go the other direction."

It's JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE. Drugs and alcohol lower inhibitions. And then the true nature of the person comes out.

If they are a violent person something is going to happen.

But most of the people are just going to chill out, have a good time and/or fall asleep.

USA, UK, Thailand, crowds are dangerous.

I have a place in Cha am but have only ever been in town for the music festival on the beach in October which is sponsored by Singha,so plenty of beer flowing but i've never seen any trouble there so it must be gang related. Never seen or heard of anything like this in Cha am before,that's why we decided to buy there in the first place. Just sounds like an event to avoid in future.

Just look at the Thai Soaps - it is all women-beating , gang violence - guns - drugs etc yet if somebody smokes they blur it out . They are fed this every day - and they think this is normal

living :ph34r:

Yes, I always say to my Thai wife when she watches those stupid soaps " why are they always so angry?" But the soaps are like that in other countries also. And the blurred out cigs are so stupid and just ruins the movie...like the kids don't know what they are putting up to their mouth!

Time to dub Easteanders, Neighbours, etc or how about the Sullivans and Emerdale 55!

But not as bad as the Scottish Football hooligans?whistling.gif

Any way bet it gave the Bob Marley fans something to wail about...

Good job they were'nt drinking Westons "Old Rosie" as there would have been ABSOLUTE mayhem - had they been able to stand up that is!!!!!

:blink:

Edited by SICHONSTEVE