Brawl At Reggae Concert On Cha-Am Beach Leaves Hundreds Injured

roly

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of modern Black Music seems to have a no class philosophy of promoting violence, and disrespect for every one else and everything. Just listen to most © Rap lyrics. I live close to Detroit and I know how Black people tend to behave. They behave in an ignorant violence prone manner, behaviors which they believe are normal. I have also worked with many Blacks in the Criminal Justice system for 25 years. So I know the Black mentality. Their music tends to promotes their negative behaviors which reflects their view point on things. Unfortunately in America and the UK the White under class to a large extent have adopted the Black cultural view promoted by their music. To a certain extent Thai youth seem to be imitating this as well. Perhaps if they understood that the Black culture and view point has very little if any respect and is the royal road for people not to respect you then they would not imitate it.

How can this kind of post remain unnoticed in the most heavily moderated forum of internet?

I agree with the above post, the gentleman obviously has on the ground experience , and it is true, so why hide the facts, there are violent elements whether black, white or whatever who highjack these events, it is their 'forum' to disrupt and ruin other normal peoples enjoyment !!

A lot of modern Black Music seems to have a no class philosophy of promoting violence, and disrespect for every one else and everything. Just listen to most © Rap lyrics. I live close to Detroit and I know how Black people tend to behave. They behave in an ignorant violence prone manner, behaviors which they believe are normal. I have also worked with many Blacks in the Criminal Justice system for 25 years. So I know the Black mentality. Their music tends to promotes their negative behaviors which reflects their view point on things. Unfortunately in America and the UK the White under class to a large extent have adopted the Black cultural view promoted by their music. To a certain extent Thai youth seem to be imitating this as well. Perhaps if they understood that the Black culture and view point has very little if any respect and is the royal road for people not to respect you then they would not imitate it.

How can this kind of post remain unnoticed in the most heavily moderated forum of internet?

I agree with the above post, the gentleman obviously has on the ground experience , and it is true, so why hide the facts, there are violent elements whether black, white or whatever who highjack these events, it is their 'forum' to disrupt and ruin other normal peoples enjoyment !!

+1

David Starkey took some flack for saying the same thing on Newsnight after the recent "flat screen TV" riots in the UK.

Because its true, and the truth should not be moderated.:jap:

Hmmm, makes me think twice about the TVF event this month. Cha-am is Hua Hin, right?

I don't understand how 500 security personnel could not contain the problem?

I believe the off-the-record cop neighbor. THAT'S how the farang Nation reporter in the BTS thread should get his info.

Wow! Missed that statement wherever that "Thais are not violent."

Thai boxing is often the cornerstone of many of the world's top mixed martial artists.

Some of the best advice I received when I first arrived in Thailand was "when you see Thais drinking, go the other direction."

It's JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE. Drugs and alcohol lower inhibitions. And then the true nature of the person comes out.

If they are a violent person something is going to happen.

But most of the people are just going to chill out, have a good time and/or fall asleep.

USA, UK, Thailand, crowds are dangerous.

No, Cha-Am is not Hua Hin. There is 20 minutes of open road between them and they are in two different provinces (Prachuap Khiri Khan - Petchaburi).

Having said that, I've only ever heard of violence on this scale at two events in the area; this one and the Honda music festival held in June on Takiab Beach (just south of Hua Hin). Both attract the same crowd, teens and early twenties from Bangkok. Most foreigners in Hua Hin usually stay clear of the Honda festival and wait for the other Jazz festival a couple of months later. It seems to attract a more sedate crowd.

kiwikeith

A guy on one of the other forums said that "Thai's are not violent". I guess somebody needs to adjust his opinion to include people outside his home.

Anyone who makes that statement "Txxi's are not violent" must still be coming thru immigration on his first visit"

Maybe these are not Thai's. We have a culture of poynesians in New Zealand that think they are Negro gangstors they talk like them and act like them and drive around with boom boxes deafening themselves with rap and acting like jerks the poor soles dont know their real identity.

I suspect the same same happening with young Thai's sad world its becoming.

No I don't think that happens here Thais tent to stay "KHON THAI" they don't seem to think any other culture is better than theirs, or worth imitating except a few idiots who think they are K-Pop stars. :blink:

This is what happens in a society where everybody is taught to repress his/her feelings all the time.When it bursts it does without any logical reason, it's just pure violence and rage.The same applies in western countries, where sound communication deos not exist eny more.[Globalisation of robotisation?...

quote name=apalink_thailand' timestamp='1315212011' post='4675196]

This is what happens when there is a shortage of good ganja at a reggae concert. B)

it's ok to lose your temper and become violent but losing face is not ok?you're supposed to say mai pen rai, aren't you?

A guy on one of the other forums said that "Thai's are not violent". I guess somebody needs to adjust his opinion to include people outside his home.

Hey, I´m thais, something you guys have to know about thais! THAIS ARE NOT VIOLENT

(is right) as long as you don´t piss them off or make them lose there faces! Please remember that!

Brawl at Reggae Concert on Cha-Am Beach Leaves Hundreds Injured

A brawl broke out at the 3rd Annual 'Reggae on the Rock' music festival held on Cha-Am Beach in Phetchaburi Province, leaving more than 200 people injured.

A large brawl broke out at the 3rd Annual 'Reggae on the Rock' music festival held on Cha-Am Beach in Phetchaburi Province over the weekend.

Thousands of people traveled from Bangkok and the surrounding provinces to see the show.

The brawl was started by a group of teenagers who attacked each other with various types of weapons including knives, machetes, and firearms.

While no one was killed, more than 200 people are believed to have been injured in the incident.

Authorities struggled to contain the situation despite having deployed more than 500 police officers and security volunteers in the area.

The violence continued late into the night, even though the concert ended at 11 P.M.

Hundreds of instigators were arrested and taken away in police trucks.

The music festival series has been held for three years now. Each time, the event attracts massive numbers of young people.

The violent incident was not the first of its kind for this concert series.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-09-05

footer_n.gif

I had a long arguement with my 15 year old daughter on Thursday as she wanted permission to go to Cha-Am to the Reggae Concert with a friend's family. I can remember back in 1964 when I was her age, the fights between the Mods and Rockers which lasted two days in Brighton, and I told her she could not go. I have been to plenty of large reggae and rock concerts before in the UK, Romania, and Thailand that have generally been peaceful, and I used to help organise Monsters of Rock at Donington. However, my gut feeling was that this concert might attract the mindless interschool gangs that on occasion carry out violent attacks on rival schools rather like our Mods vs Rockers fights in 1964. I am so glad that I forbid her to go and the news may teach her to listen to her parents.

The Ku Klux Clan is alive and well I see!

I assume you listen to wholesome white music such as Toby Keith's - "Courtesy of a Red, White & Blue(an Angry American)"

So anyone who likes black music is, to quote you, "White Under Class!". Thanks very much. I am not under class and there are Millions of fans like me, who love so called bleck music. I have belonged to black clubs and helped promote Reggae Music in the UK with Heatwave Radio, as well as helping organise Monsters of Rock. As for the highly prejuduced generalisation of black people, my closest friend in the UK was a Ghanian born UK Income Tax Inspector who brought Robert Maxwell, the Newspaper Proprietor to Justice. So you see there are many blacks who also understand the "White Mentality". Perhaps it is your kind of White Supremist Music that leads the white upper class (which you purport to belong to) into commiting such acts. Perhaps the wall street crash of 2008 was caused by the white finance company managers listening too much to 10CCs "Wall Street Shuffle".

Currently I am wondering what Newspaper Tycoon Rupert Murdoch is listening to: Perhaps Billy Joel's "An Innocent Man" or on the other hand perhaps Shaggy's "It wasn't me"

Edited by Estrada

You don't happen to wear a white pointy hood on weekends do you?

Is it possible that you have missed the point? I too have worked with inner-city community development organizations in the badlands and people who contribute comments such as yours may well be closet-racists. Bite your ignorant tongue.

Its beginning to look like Thailand is losing it; what with this and battles between vocational schools, shootings at students etc.,; so much for their deferential society; hope they can stop this quickly before their less educated youth ends up a lawless mob.

This is what happens when there is a shortage of good ganja at a reggae concert. B)

Agreed!!!! This nonsense kinda detracts from the whole ideology of Reggae and it's calming / peaceful effect..... Wonder if the young listeners even listen to the lyrics (much less understand it...) - sad :huh:

I love Reggae and of course the music is very chilled, but I think if you look into Rastafarian culture -- and Jamaica -- you'll find violence is not at all out of place (though some Rastafari would argue that those who are not true to the non-violent principles they espouse are not real Rasta but merely have the outward trappings).

It's much like Thailand (and how I feel about it) -- it's so typical to to hear people who buy into the superficial but highly inaccurate image of Thais as non-violent Buddhists etc...but while I have much love and appreciation for this country, like I do for Reggae, I know that the non-violent stuff is a total fallacy.

Its beginning to look like Thailand is losing it; what with this and battles between vocational schools, shootings at students etc.,; so much for their deferential society; hope they can stop this quickly before their less educated youth ends up a lawless mob.

Uhmmm...methinks you're familiarity with Thailand is either not very deep or very long: violence is nothing new here. And technical school brawls have gone on for decades.

Deferential society? Maybe (not sure what you mean really). But non-violent? Not at all.

He obviously haven't seen any of those ANTI-Sanook sanook morons during Songkran that shoot, stab, bash, kill.

Always the malcontents looking to complain about Thailand. Non of this is unique to Thailand. Happens everywhere.

I had a long arguement with my 15 year old daughter on Thursday as she wanted permission to go to Cha-Am to the Reggae Concert with a friend's family. I can remember back in 1964 when I was her age, the fights between the Mods and Rockers which lasted two days in Brighton, and I told her she could not go. I have been to plenty of large reggae and rock concerts before in the UK, Romania, and Thailand that have generally been peaceful, and I used to help organise Monsters of Rock at Donington. However, my gut feeling was that this concert might attract the mindless interschool gangs that on occasion carry out violent attacks on rival schools rather like our Mods vs Rockers fights in 1964. I am so glad that I forbid her to go and the news may teach her to listen to her parents.

Cool but which one was you a mod or a rocker?

Agreed!!!! This nonsense kinda detracts from the whole ideology of Reggae and it's calming / peaceful effect..... Wonder if the young listeners even listen to the lyrics (much less understand it...) - sad :huh:

I'm sure they weren't listening to or understanding the lyrics. I've been to several reggae concerts in the Caribbean and except for a few fights over a girlfriend, saw nothing like what must of went on here in Cha-Am. This is crazy. I don't think Thai's know how to chill out. Reggae is about peace and love. Not drunken brawls.

I was a mod

I was a mod

I could sit and listen to your generation for ages who were from that era unfortunately I was born 20 years to late to of been a teenager, 20 something in the early 60's It all completely fascinates me the music the fashion everything about it. I ride a Lambretta here in Thailand and will be riding to Chiang Mai from Chonburi in December with about 20 others for the 10th anniversary Lambretta and Vespa party basically hundreds of scooters from all over Thailand will be there, can't wait! As for you being a mod back then you obliviously had style your generation were really the first youth culture of Britain, many World War 2 children and the first time you had money in your pockets, absolutely amazing thanks and good luck.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Zammo

I'll dig out my Quadrophenia DVD! we are the mods, we are the mods, we are the mods!

How did you go from being a mod, to Monsters of Rock?

Is your first name Eric aka CHiPs?

Seriously, violence at any music festival is very bad, I'm too young to be an old hippy but I've been to hundreds of music festivals and concerts around the world, and have never witnessed a full-on brawl. I'm from the E generation, I suppose.

After attending a jam packed event at Pattaya last new year, I posted that events like that were dangerous because if anything like this had happened there was no way to escape, and far too many people in a small space. The only response was that I was talking rubbish because Thais are peaceful folk and nothing like this could happen. I'd now like to say I TOLD YOU SO to those posters, because, guess what- YOU WERE WRONG!

I was a mod

I could sit and listen to your generation for ages who were from that era unfortunately I was born 20 years to late to of been a teenager, 20 something in the early 60's It all completely fascinates me the music the fashion everything about it. I ride a Lambretta here in Thailand and will be riding to Chiang Mai from Chonburi in December with about 20 others for the 10th anniversary Lambretta and Vespa party basically hundreds of scooters from all over Thailand will be there, can't wait! As for you being a mod back then you obliviously had style your generation were really the first youth culture of Britain, many World War 2 children and the first time you had money in your pockets, absolutely amazing thanks and good luck.

Edit: Grammar

Zammo can you tell me more about this mate? I am on the verge of buying a Lammy. I have wanted one for years and im definatley going to buy one within the next month. I have been fishing around on a Thai website (dont think I can mention the name here) that is geared towards scooters and they have a classified section so thats where I will pick one up.... Unless you know of an alternative?

I will have one before December and I am DEFINATLEY going to join in for that run it will be a great crack. Can you give me more details? How many stops to CM? Surely it cant be one ride all the way there can it? Is there a website or forum you can point me to about it?

Zammo can you tell me more about this mate? I am on the verge of buying a Lammy. I have wanted one for years and im definatley going to buy one within the next month. I have been fishing around on a Thai website (dont think I can mention the name here) that is geared towards scooters and they have a classified section so thats where I will pick one up.... Unless you know of an alternative?

I will have one before December and I am DEFINATLEY going to join in for that run it will be a great crack. Can you give me more details? How many stops to CM? Surely it cant be one ride all the way there can it? Is there a website or forum you can point me to about it?

We will ride for about 7 hours then stop and have some rest maybe get a room each and head off again when were ready basically we will just ride up there and sleep as and when we need, the whole point of it is fun so it wont be a non stop grueling ride we will have fun on the way stopping at various places for a while.

I have a collection of Vespa's and Lambrettas (sorry non for sale) it has taken me 4 years to find the desired models I was after with green book (very important to have the book for value) that said there are scooters for sale occasionally that are worth buying and many that are plies of rubbish you really need to know what your looking at becasue believe it or not Thailand is more expensive now then the UK for Lambrettas, why? becasue most Italian models like SX200, TV200, TV175 have been shipped back to Europe for resale making whats left here skyrocket in value most of this happened around 7 years+ ago when not many people in Thailand wanted a Lambretta due to not being able to get parts easily now with the WWW in most households parts are easily available like Casa and NOS items one can find on ebay etc.

The site your referring to if you look at this TV175 that has just come up for sale its priced at 225,000 baht with book, see what I mean the prices here are crazy now, it has some original accessories on there that horncast embellisher is a Vigano Flute worth 4 or 500 quid, i know i bought one last year, the exhaust is horrible though and wants replacing.

I know of someone with a LI150 series 3 for sale but that is 160,000 baht with book not sure what you budget is i don't deal in scooters im an enthusiast but will try and help you best I can, and your welcome to ride up with us if you get yourself a scooter before December.

Remember always use this website when checking engine and frame numbers.