Chiangrai Hills Stadium, Maechan

gerry1011

• 2 weeks later...

During the rainy season the "boys" open the Chiangrai Hills Stadium, the Weah Radio bar and the TV Restaurant from 4pm.

TVs at the bar and the restaurant will, of course, show football. Main matches will be shown on the giant screen.

The fields are offered for rent at 100b an hour, which cover the costs of maintenance of the field.

487368_244026639031660_100002729772003_352803_325988580_n.jpg

11808_244026149031709_100002729772003_352802_1829033369_n.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fireworks, magic show, bboy, free Khom loys ... for the kids and everyone else.

Free beer for the adults (Thanks to some sponsors).

02/01/2013 at Chiangrai Hills Stadium, Maechan, from 18.00 (Free beer is limited to the amount offered by the sponsors, of course)(800 glasses till now).

76718_432319946835136_1249795468_n.jpg

• 5 months later...

There seems to be a bit of noise at the moment concerning "luxury cars", so I thought it was maybe an interesting time to annouce a great event which will be happening at the Chiangrai Hills Stadium at the end of the year...

thumbsup.gif

964907_372548919512764_1224604648_o.jpg

964620_372548859512770_337589191_o.jpg

Thats the Raffle Prize !!

Would be nice, but... not sure the prizes will be that big wink.png

Anyway... here are a few details: 8 teams for the league / one team from Bangkok, one team from Phuket and 6 teams from Chiangrai / 8 "VIP" teams / Each team who participate must present a charity project that they want to support / All prizes will be doubled, with 50% for the team and 50% for the charity they want to support / Two super cash prizes for the two best teams, also going to the charity they want to support / Opening ceremony on 15th December, 11am, with 30 supercars, mainly Lamborghinis...

944473_511563508910779_739309774_n.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

At this time 51 cars are supposed to make the trip to Maechan for the opening of the Lamborghini football cup.

10 cars come from Kuala Lumpur, 18 from Phuket, and the rest from Bangkok.

The Aventador Roadster, first delivered in Thailand, is a local Chiangrai car :rolleyes:

The Aventador Roadster will be featured in the opening ceremony, in a performance with 70 hill tribe dancers and drummers.

15th December. 10.30am. Everybody welcome. Free for all.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am impressed with your expected turnout of vehicles considering all the bad press and confiscations. I suspect the owners will be paying special attention to their documentation, before attending. If it goes off without a hitch, it might help to counter some of the bad press to date.

I am also fascinated by the juxtaposition of opposites who live in and visit Chiang Rai. Good luck with your event.smile.png

It should not be a problem for the Thai Lamborghinis, since all these cars were bought from the official dealer.

I just think that we will have to make some pre-arrangement for the cars from Malaysia. Just to be sure they are not delayed at the border.

We can expect a couple of cars to have technical problems on the way though... But there are support cars following too.

Everything should be all right ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What a fantastic event and such a good idea for the participating teams to also be playing for a Charity of their choice Posted Image  Will all the games be played at the Chiangrai Stadium?

All games will be played at the Chiangrai Hills Stadium.

The idea is to bring different worlds together and join fun with useful activities.

There is of course the different charities that will be helped by the "doubled cash prizes" and the extra prizes, but besides that, the Chiangrai boys will show their own world to the Bangkok and Phuket teams. BBQ will be organized in the mountains as well as visit the Chiangrai region together.

A similar event has been organized two years ago and it was wonderful. Great memories.

In fact, it is only a small competition, with local teams, but it all became bigger with the charity concept and the super cars making the trip.

Sent from my iPhone...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Due to the political situation and the new round of protests that has been started in bangkok, it has been decided to postpone the Lamborghini Cup event.
Under the present circumstances it would be indeed difficult to organize, in Chiangrai, a gathering of supercars owners coming from different parts of the country and having very different opinions about the situation.
It is probably also not ideal for the two teams coming from bangkok and Phuket to compete with northern teams in such an atmosphere.

But once the situation becomes normal again... let's do it smile.png

1453346_435246449909677_441839021_n.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...