Fraud Fugitive Brit Arrested In Phuket

webfact

Gotcha Creep! This delinquent rented out my house while I was on a 3 week vacation. Came back to find someone living in my house and everything but a few DVD's and dishes were thrown in the trash. EVERYTHING!!!! Police were most unhelpful, telling me I had to wait till my "real" landlord to return to Thailand. I can only hope some of his victims get back their money, although I doubt it. As for me, I've been reduced to a suitcase and a cheap room.

SO How is it that you are still reduced to a suitcase and a room??

Surely this guy could not have created a lease for long term residency on someone elses house?? :blink:

Sounds like a sub-let to make a little money while on vacation....not a good idea here....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha Creep! This delinquent rented out my house while I was on a 3 week vacation. Came back to find someone living in my house and everything but a few DVD's and dishes were thrown in the trash. EVERYTHING!!!! Police were most unhelpful, telling me I had to wait till my "real" landlord to return to Thailand. I can only hope some of his victims get back their money, although I doubt it. As for me, I've been reduced to a suitcase and a cheap room.

SO How is it that you are still reduced to a suitcase and a room??

Surely this guy could not have created a lease for long term residency on someone elses house?? :blink:

Sounds like a sub-let to make a little money while on vacation....not a good idea here....

Look back up the page and katnwillows explains

He was the temporary "property manager" filling in for my landlord who is out of the country. He most certainly did to this!!!

Pictures, documents, knick knacks, jewelry, souveniors and my clothes stolen or thrown away. All thats left is the suitcase I had with me on my holiday. As for the room I'm living in, that's temporary. Currently I'm house hunting.

Tourist Police Volunteers are exempt from work permits.

'Citizens Arrest' applies in Thailand.

I would like to see something in writing to substantiate your claim cos l have been trying. ;) If your are saying '' Oh, so and so said so '' then that is worthless.

Not sure even something in writing is worth the paper it is written on...it all comes down to who you are talking to at that moment in time when you have an issue and whether they will agree or not.

• 1 month later...

As a follow-up, in the interim, he was deported last Thursday to the UK.

Last Friday, on his birthday, he plead guilty to 11 charges he faced there (including six of fraud by false representation, four of theft and one of obtaining property by deception).

He was remanded in custody after offering no appeal for bail and will now be sentenced at Lewes Crown Court at a date still to be arranged.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Ridden

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/local-news/swindler_pleads_guilty_following_airport_arrest_1_3178561