Canadian Accused Of 15 Year Old Murder Extradited To Pattaya

Rimmer

Although this may sound racist, "Karas" doesn't strike me as a typical Canadian surname; i.e., neither French nor English...and the vast majority of Canadians are comparatively non-violent. I KNOW this.

Most Canadians not violent?

You never seen a ice hockey match in Canada !! Total violence between players during the game,then after between the so called fans Ive SEEN this.

Just to put things in perspective, ALL nations are potentially violent, each individual is capable of violence to differing levels

By the way, how do you know this ?

Why does Canada extradites its own nationals ??????? This guy has a Canadian passport...

Some countries – Canada excepted – and international human rights notwithstanding, only allow the extradition of foreigners.

In 2007, the RCMP-Interpol website listed the following countries as having extradition treaties with Canada: Albania, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Israel, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United States and Uruguay.

Extradition Law - Canada

Right.Would you leave your daughter even five minutes alone with any of the police guys on this pic?....

Or would you even mind lending them 1000 bath?

Or... ( the list can go on)

Canadian Extradited 13 Years After Pattaya Cut-Up Killing

2241.jpg

Pattaya Police extradited and arrested a Canadian charged of killing and dismembering his common law Thai wife in a Pattaya hotel in 1996 thereafter escaping to Canada where he was jailed for 15 years without extradition.

September 9, 2011 (PDN ) Pol. Col. Nuntavuth Suwanlaorng Superintendent, Pattaya, Pol. Lt. Col. Krissakorn Thongin Deputy Superintendent and Pol. Capt. Santipol Puvadolkanok, Pattaya Police went to Suvanabhumi airport to arrest Mr Michael Joseph Karas alias Morgan Michael David age 55, Canadian citzen carrying passport: VN 244003,

Mr Karas was issued an arrest warrant JOR5TOR TOR/2554 on August 25, 2011 by the Pattaya provincial court.

The police officer said that Mr Michael Joseph Karas, the defendant dismembered the corpse his common law Thai wife during September 23 to September 24, 1996 at at room 805, Bay Beach Hotel in Pattaya. The case received large media coverage at the time.

Full story and pictures HERE

-- Pattaya Daily News 2010-09-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I just the love all the pics when the BIB arrest someone. You have the entire police force posing for the family album with the offender and everyone is always smiling including the accused. They pics always look like pleasant holiday snaps with new friends.

Canadian Extradited 13 Years After Pattaya Cut-Up Killing

2241.jpg

Pattaya Police extradited and arrested a Canadian charged of killing and dismembering his common law Thai wife in a Pattaya hotel in 1996 thereafter escaping to Canada where he was jailed for 15 years without extradition.

September 9, 2011 (PDN ) Pol. Col. Nuntavuth Suwanlaorng Superintendent, Pattaya, Pol. Lt. Col. Krissakorn Thongin Deputy Superintendent and Pol. Capt. Santipol Puvadolkanok, Pattaya Police went to Suvanabhumi airport to arrest Mr Michael Joseph Karas alias Morgan Michael David age 55, Canadian citzen carrying passport: VN 244003,

Mr Karas was issued an arrest warrant JOR5TOR TOR/2554 on August 25, 2011 by the Pattaya provincial court.

The police officer said that Mr Michael Joseph Karas, the defendant dismembered the corpse his common law Thai wife during September 23 to September 24, 1996 at at room 805, Bay Beach Hotel in Pattaya. The case received large media coverage at the time.

Full story and pictures HERE

-- Pattaya Daily News 2010-09-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I just the love all the pics when the BIB arrest someone. You have the entire police force posing for the family album with the offender and everyone is always smiling including the accused. They pics always look like pleasant holiday snaps with new friends.

So third world.

Although this may sound racist, "Karas" doesn't strike me as a typical Canadian surname; i.e., neither French nor English...and the vast majority of Canadians are comparatively non-violent. I KNOW this.

There's nothing racist or nationalistic about your comment. What is strange is the fact that you think there should actually be a "typical Canadian surname"

Canada, like the United States and Australia and the U.K. is not xenophobic and has a population made up of immigrants from almost every country in the world. Thus Smith, Fraser, Jones, O'Grady, Levesque, Gambino, Krajewski, Wong, etc are all typical Canadian names, including Karas . His last province of residence would appear to have been British Columbia.

Greek: nickname for a black-haired or gloomy individual, from karas ‘black’, ‘dark’ (and by extension ‘moody’), from Turkish kara ‘black’. It is also found in many compound surnames such as Karageorgiou ‘black George’ (patronymic).

Greek: occupational name for a carter, Greek karas (from karo ‘cart’ + the occupational suffix -as).

Hungarian: topographic name for someone living by the Karas river, a tributary of the river Danube, named with Turkish kara ‘black’ + suğ ‘water’.

So as his picture suggests he, or his ancestors, is of middle European origins.

Why does Canada extradites its own nationals ??????? This guy has a Canadian passport...

Thankfully we do....why should Canadian taxpayers pay for a scum bucket like this to hide in a Canadian prison when he belongs in the worst possible hole they can throw him into here.

He is a disgrace to Canada and Canadians everywhere.

Edited by CDNinKS

His name rings a bell. I think that I either went to school with this man 45 years ago in Toronto or met him sometime in Toronto, or in my ten years in the far east in the 1970's. I never forget a face but have a problem putting his photos with his name. The name I know.

Too weird,

my Wifes name is Suwannee.

Over the last 10 years I've had my wife really try and hurt me a few times. I'm talking knifes - bottles - insane behavior.

I'm not saying that I personally would get into such a situation - no way.

I'm just saying - fighting + alcohal ... could result in in a fight - but cutting up body parts ?

My Wife can go Soap Opra - at any time. I barley talk to her anymore.

I can't hit back - it's been really stressful. We have 2 beautiful kids - so I'm focased on them and education.

I can see fighting with a Suwannee and her trying to seemingly want to kill you / hurt you . But Man - don't kill a Woman or even go there.

I'm just saying - my Suwanne could kick ass from here to Sunday - 5 foot 1 inch tall (My beloved Buriram girl).

I really think she is a walking example of the result of waching Thai Soap opras.

In America - she couldn't get anger management classes orderd by the court - as she couldn't speak English very well - even to this day.

I give up - stay clear - move on. It wasn't so bad for the first couple years - but there were clear signs.

Imagin living with a partner who is so different from you - zero education / college - it can be explosive - I know.

I probably wouldn't change anything though - I have 2 really cute kids - They are my life now.

Often I think about the kinda ugly g/f I had .

maybe as the song goes - should have married the ugly one.

I am surprised that with the human rights abuses that that place in Thai jails, that any western country would extradite here.

I would have thought that killing someone and chopping up her body would be considered a human rights abuse. While he is not guilty until proven in court, the Thai government would have to have established a compelling case in order to justify extradition ... of course the only court that really counts is the ThaiVisa fact-free forum.

....... human rights abuse ???? It's called MURDER !

"ThaiVisa fact-free forum", hahaha, great one,...especially followed by the guy that seems to have completely missed the point of comment on "human rights abuse"!!!!

I am surprised that with the human rights abuses that that place in Thai jails, that any western country would extradite here.

I would have thought that killing someone and chopping up her body would be considered a human rights abuse. While he is not guilty until proven in court, the Thai government would have to have established a compelling case in order to justify extradition ... of course the only court that really counts is the ThaiVisa fact-free forum.

....... human rights abuse ???? It's called MURDER !

"ThaiVisa fact-free forum", hahaha, great one,...especially followed by the guy that seems to have completely missed the point of comment on "human rights abuse"!!!!

Got me - went over me head like a 747!:D

alos to note, his passport was issued on the 1st of sept only only valid for 1 month ?

09_09_54_1_3.jpg

...I always thought, that a passport muste have a validity of six month to enter the country??? :welcomeani:

Did you think he came as a tourist?

It is probably a transit passport in his real name, since he was under guard from Canada.

http://www.scc-csc.gc.ca/case-dossier/cms-sgd/dock-regi-eng.aspx?cas=32500

Scroll down to 2010-01-07 to see the wheels of justice slowly turning.

They say the food is typically Thai in the Bangkok Hilton.

Standing trial is fine, but the on kangaroo courts worldwide should make sure, that a fair trial is guaranteed, that the suspect is not paraded in front of the press or photographed and that the accused have a decent lawyer. Everybody who ever observed Thai justice in action knows that the Justice system cannot be trusted, that long sentences are given without the accused haveing proper representation and that suspects are used as a trophy by incompetent police and court authorities.

What justice system can be trusted?

That statement makes no sense.

The vast majority of all nationalities are comparatively non violent (whatever that means), but it appears this is one, just one and not part of the vast majority, who may have been violent, and your criteria is still fulfilled.

Edited by F4UCorsair

alos to note, his passport was issued on the 1st of sept only only valid for 1 month ?

09_09_54_1_3.jpg

The Canadian government clearly doesn't expect him to be returning, at least not anytime soon.

Appears to me the the Canadian government doesn't expect him to be TRAVELING anytime soon, let alone returning to Canada which doesn't want or need him anyway.

Also, I thought travelers to Thailand, or anywhere for that matter, had to have at least six months remaining on their passport :blink:

Thankfully we do....why should Canadian taxpayers pay for a scum bucket like this to hide in a Canadian prison when he belongs in the worst possible hole they can throw him into here.

He is a disgrace to Canada and Canadians everywhere.

Exactly and that is why they only gave him a one month passport. They don't want or expect him back?

jb1

An objective view results in a charge of manslaughter. It can not be proved how she died.

What the man is guilty of is disposal of a body. That is certain or at least can be proved beyond reasonable doubt. However, with his almost non-violent past it is unlikely that he murdered her. This is especially so as an argument was heard. That intimates that any actions taken were instantaneous and not pre-meditated. Hence. not murder.

Manslaughter. A crime of passion in France. Something the French Canadians understand and will have made sure the Thai judicial system [he he] does too.

Bit of an oxymoron - Thai and justice in the same sentence but there you go.

For those baying for more blood while pot calling kettles black [but not getting any] I suggest you accept that he will be imprisoned and finally deported. I expect he will serve 8 years whatever they charge him with and the human rights activists plus the prison service groups will lobby for his return.

For Canada 'not to dictate' to Thailand .... they must privately have an agreement over charges possibly but most certainly sentencing.

And I'm happy with that too. He's a criminal ..................... but not a murderer.

Edited by housepainter

Too weird,

my Wifes name is Suwannee.

Over the last 10 years I've had my wife really try and hurt me a few times. I'm talking knifes - bottles - insane behavior.

I'm not saying that I personally would get into such a situation - no way.

I'm just saying - fighting + alcohal ... could result in in a fight - but cutting up body parts ?

My Wife can go Soap Opra - at any time. I barley talk to her anymore.

I can't hit back - it's been really stressful. We have 2 beautiful kids - so I'm focased on them and education.

I can see fighting with a Suwannee and her trying to seemingly want to kill you / hurt you . But Man - don't kill a Woman or even go there.

I'm just saying - my Suwanne could kick ass from here to Sunday - 5 foot 1 inch tall (My beloved Buriram girl).

I really think she is a walking example of the result of waching Thai Soap opras.

In America - she couldn't get anger management classes orderd by the court - as she couldn't speak English very well - even to this day.

I give up - stay clear - move on. It wasn't so bad for the first couple years - but there were clear signs.

Imagin living with a partner who is so different from you - zero education / college - it can be explosive - I know.

I probably wouldn't change anything though - I have 2 really cute kids - They are my life now.

Often I think about the kinda ugly g/f I had .

maybe as the song goes - should have married the ugly one.

I have never been as mad at a girlfriend back home as I have at my ex Thai girlfriend, sometimes they can drive you totally insane and you might loose control... best to remover yourself from a bad relationship here ASAP and find a lady with a good heart, not a pretty evil girl.

Happened in The Bay Breeze Hotel Soi Honey, they call it the "chopping room", can't remember exactly, but it was on the 8th floor

Any way "Welcome to Hell" Mr Karas, I wonder if he read the book while he was in Canada? guilty till proven innocent is the way in Thailand, I am surprised that with the human rights abuses that that place in Thai jails, that any western country would extradite here.

Are prisoners still manacled till their trial?

Could be worse... I mean, imagine if he had to serve life in a USA prison...

An objective view results in a charge of manslaughter. It can not be proved how she died.

What the man is guilty of is disposal of a body. That is certain or at least can be proved beyond reasonable doubt. However, with his almost non-violent past it is unlikely that he murdered her. This is especially so as an argument was heard. That intimates that any actions taken were instantaneous and not pre-meditated. Hence. not murder.

Manslaughter. A crime of passion in France. Something the French Canadians understand and will have made sure the Thai judicial system [he he] does too.

Bit of an oxymoron - Thai and justice in the same sentence but there you go.

For those baying for more blood while pot calling kettles black [but not getting any] I suggest you accept that he will be imprisoned and finally deported. I expect he will serve 8 years whatever they charge him with and the human rights activists plus the prison service groups will lobby for his return.

For Canada 'not to dictate' to Thailand .... they must privately have an agreement over charges possibly but most certainly sentencing.

And I'm happy with that too. He's a criminal ..................... but not a murderer.

How do you know for sure he is not a murderer?

Plenty of people have non violent pasts but that doesn't stop them from killing someone.

If you can believe the reports in the original story it certainly looks like he killed his wife and then disposed of the body.

Heck the evidence seems overwhelming.