What Golf Ball Do You Use?

kenny999

I hate to tell you he aint 15 anymore. I also doubt he was on a plus handicap as they were very rare due to the handicap system. Back in his/my day you only had to be off 4 or less to try and become pro. I'll ask him in a couple of weeks. But interesting you call him 'Ian'. I don't know many that refer to him by first name.

He was of +1 at 15

I don't think any one believes what you have to say any more thats if they ever did!!

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly do not know anyone, even pros, who shoot sub par on their home course every other game. The lowest handicap I have seen is an acquaintance, not a mate, and his got to +3. Even he only broke par one in half a dozen games.

You probably want to revise this post (if credibility is to be remained). Your acquaintance was of +3 and only broke par in half a dozen games? I dont think you realize what is required to get a +3 hcp, I dont think you understand how the hcp system works.

I hate to tell you he aint 15 anymore. I also doubt he was on a plus handicap as they were very rare due to the handicap system. Back in his/my day you only had to be off 4 or less to try and become pro. I'll ask him in a couple of weeks. But interesting you call him 'Ian'. I don't know many that refer to him by first name.

He was of +1 at 15

I don't think any one believes what you have to say any more thats if they ever did!!

http://iantriggsgolf.com/?page_id=118

As I said, Ian was of +1 when he was 15.

Back in his/my day you only had to be off 4 or less to try and become pro.

You're wrong again. There has never been a handicap limit to become a professional golfer. Most professional associations have a limit for memberships, but that's a different thing.

Really? You don't even say that you think...............you make it a statement that I am wrong.

Wow, I'll have to write to the PGA and tell them they were wrong all those years ago when they put the handicap limit on. I can assure you as fact that there was a handicap limit of 4. But then again, you know what my golfing history is.

He was of +1 at 15

http://iantriggsgolf.com/?page_id=118

As I said, Ian was of +1 when he was 15.

And Charlie Earp, as Greg Norman's coach he must have been very very good eh?

All I can say is that the golfers where you have played are light years ahead of the anyone in oz and we must be slinking into an abyss. So tell me, where do all your ideas come from, they are certainly 'out there'.

I would say the level of play suggested above for talents who eventually reach the tour fits the majority of tour players today. Obviously there are exceptions, late bloomers, but the majority follows the pattern above.

I don't think I will change your mind no matter how wrong you are.

No you will not change his mind, and we must now believe he is a troller!! a bloody good one I might add!!

You have a standing invitation to play a round of golf with me. I can even pay your green fee. I'll even pick you up and drive you to the golf course.

I honestly do not know anyone, even pros, who shoot sub par on their home course every other game. The lowest handicap I have seen is an acquaintance, not a mate, and his got to +3. Even he only broke par one in half a dozen games.

You probably want to revise this post (if credibility is to be remained). Your acquaintance was of +3 and only broke par in half a dozen games? I dont think you realize what is required to get a +3 hcp, I dont think you understand how the hcp system works.

Um, you do realise I have played the game since I was 12. I don't know the handicap system now, I didn't even know the system very well when I was younger. But if you think I don't know the scores I shot and my handicap then you are sadly mistaken. I will state as a fact that you are wrong about my golf.

I'm not sure if I said it but the half a dozen games was per year.

Credibility? I have posted about my golfing past. I don't think it is MY credibility that is being questioned.

The only conclusion I can come up with regarding your posts is that you are trolling as you don't seem to understand the actual game of golf very well.

Wow, I'll have to write to the PGA and tell them they were wrong all those years ago when they put the handicap limit on. I can assure you as fact that there was a handicap limit of 4. But then again, you know what my golfing history is.

PGA doesn't have anything to do with your playing status. If you want to you can become a professional golfer when you play of 23. If you want to become a member of PGA there's a limit. Mst national associations have a limit as well. But becoming a Professional golfer doesn't have anything to do with a private commercial interest.

If I'm not incorrect Ian Poulter turned professional at a point where he didn't qualify for PGA membership. The Swedish player Jarmo Sandelin was in the region of 4 or 5 when he turned professional.

Do you actually know ANYTHING about this...?

Um, you do realise I have played the game since I was 12. I don't know the handicap system now, I didn't even know the system very well when I was younger. But if you think I don't know the scores I shot and my handicap then you are sadly mistaken. I will state as a fact that you are wrong about my golf.

For your information, your handicap is NOT equal to your lowest score ever. In addition, there are many national associations that has a limit at which you'll have to achieve your result during sanctioned tournaments. Shooting half a dozen rounds under par doesn't give you a hcp of +3 by a mile.

A question again, do you actually know ANYTHING about this...?

You have a standing invitation to play a round of golf with me. I can even pay your green fee. I'll even pick you up and drive you to the golf course.

Sorry can not remember any invite to play golf with you, I don't even know what part of Thailand you are from!!

please don't start throwing insults it has been a good thread so far!!

Yes I will play with you but don't feel you have to just to prove you are a great player, and whats this I will pay your green fee and pick me up now that is worrying!!

But if you think I don't know the scores I shot and my handicap then you are sadly mistaken. I will state as a fact that you are wrong about my golf.

I know NOTHING about your golf. I have never said ANYTHING about your golf. I know NOTHING about your hcp. I have never said ANYTHING about your hcp.

Sorry can not remember any invite to play golf with you, I don't even know what part of Thailand you are from!!

Well, you need to read the posts that you reply to then.

please don't start throwing insults it has been a good thread so far!!

Openly admitting that you don't read the posts you reply to is certainly an insult.

Yes I will play with you but don't feel you have to just to prove you are a great player, and whats this I will pay your green fee and pick me up now that is worrying!!

Who said I was a great player? I'm a hacker.

So you admit that you were wrong, huh!?

Again you are mistaken and I'm getting tired of correcting you.

Read my post again. I said that I doubt he would be on a plus handicap. I also said I would ask him.

Is there something in that post that you don't understand. Was there something stated as a fact? Is there something about 'I"ll ask him' that you don't understand?

So, about Charlie Earp, you didn't answer? Not that it matters, a good coach doesn't really have to have been a good player.

Edited by Wallaby

For your information, your handicap is NOT equal to your lowest score ever. In addition, there are many national associations that has a limit at which you'll have to achieve your result during sanctioned tournaments. Shooting half a dozen rounds under par doesn't give you a hcp of +3 by a mile.

A question again, do you actually know ANYTHING about this...?

What are you talking about? Who said a handicap was the lowest score ever? You really are off on one aren't you. As I've said before, over or under par is irrelevent, it is the course rating that determines par. But I've also said I don't know much about the handicapping system these days. I only know what I've done. I was on 1 and very rarely broke par. THAT is a FACT.

So you admit that you were wrong, huh!?

Read my post again. I said that I doubt he would be on a plus handicap. I also said I would ask him.

Is there something in that post that you don't understand. Was there something stated as a fact? Is there something about 'I"ll ask him' that you don't understand?

So, about Charlie Earp, you didn't answer? Not that it matters, a good coach doesn't really have to have been a good player.

I think forethat is on something, I said I can not remember reading a post inviting me for a game of golf!! and after thinking about it NO thanks why would I play with a know it all!!

PGA doesn't have anything to do with your playing status. If you want to you can become a professional golfer when you play of 23. If you want to become a member of PGA there's a limit. Mst national associations have a limit as well. But becoming a Professional golfer doesn't have anything to do with a private commercial interest.

If I'm not incorrect Ian Poulter turned professional at a point where he didn't qualify for PGA membership. The Swedish player Jarmo Sandelin was in the region of 4 or 5 when he turned professional.

Do you actually know ANYTHING about this...?

I think you must be talking about the Tour, not PGA membership.

When I turned pro I had to do a traineeship at a golf club. To do a traineeship you had to have a handicap of 4 or less. When you finished you were automatically a pro.

Thems the facts, like it or not.

Now please go away until you have sorted your issues.

Edited by Wallaby

Really, you said you doubted he was on a plus hcp...?

The lowest handicap I have seen is an acquaintance, not a mate, and his got to +3. Even he only broke par one in half a dozen games.

Where have you corrected me? So far I have prooved you wrong in pretty much every post you have written. You have made completely wrong statements at several occasions, and every time you are proven wrong you change subject . Do you want me to make a list of all the incorrect statements you have made so far.

Ehhh, no he doesn't. What's that got to do with this...?

When I turned pro I had to do a traineeship at a golf club. To do a traineeship you had to have a handicap of 4 or less. When you finished you were automatically a pro.

Oh dear me....

Being a professional golfer doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the "the Tour" (I don't know what you mean by that). It doesn't have anything to do with PGA. Anyone can become a professional golfer, there's no handicap limit to become a professional golfer.

What is it about this you struggle to understand...? You don't have to do a "traineeship" at a golf club. If they told you that you were scammed.

Again, it is more and more obvious you don't know anything about this.

Where have you corrected me? So far I have prooved you wrong in pretty much every post you have written. You have made completely wrong statements at several occasions, and every time you are proven wrong you change subject . Do you want me to make a list of all the incorrect statements you have made so far.

Making a list of these supposed mistakes would be very childish, forethat just except that no one believes what you have to say because you have given plenty of reasons for that thought!!

No one knows who you are mate apart from being the worlds greatest troller!!

I have played with several members on this forum.

In Phuket? the North? the North east?

I am probably wrong but I think I know who you are now!!

Edited by kenny999

What are you talking about? Who said a handicap was the lowest score ever?

In order to achieve a +3 hcp you are required to break par at NUMEROUS occasions. Six times per year will not get you there by a mile.

As I said, I don't think you know ANYTHING about this.

Oh dear me....

Being a professional golfer doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the "the Tour" (I don't know what you mean by that). It doesn't have anything to do with PGA. Anyone can become a professional golfer, there's no handicap limit to become a professional golfer.

What is it about this you struggle to understand...? You don't have to do a "traineeship" at a golf club. If they told you that you were scammed.

Again, it is more and more obvious you don't know anything about this.

Sigh....

You'd better tell Greg Norman who was a trainee at Royal Qld under Charlie Earp. If you actually read what I said it may become obvious to you. When I became a pro I did a traineeship. To do that you had to be off a handicap of 4. Here is a link to show there are still in fact trainees.

http://www.pga.org.au/trainee

We did this because if you didn't have a traineeship you could not then be a pro at a golf club. You could become a pro through the tour school but very very few did it that way as they wanted the security of being able to become a club pro if it didn't work out on the tour, even Norman was a trainee, though I think in his last year Charlie sent him on the tour pretty much full time.

Now, what part of having a handicap of 4 or less to become a trainee, then pro, don't you understand.

What are you talking about? Who said a handicap was the lowest score ever?

In order to achieve a +3 hcp you are required to break par at NUMEROUS occasions. Six times per year will not get you there by a mile.

As I said, I don't think you know ANYTHING about this.

No. Par is not relevant, It requires you to break the course rating for the day, NOT par. Though the handicapping system could have changed, and probably has, since the years I'm talking about, this would have been around 2000.

There must be some very good 15 year old course record holders where you come from. My course had a 5 under course record that stood for about 15 years. I guess the members there weren't all that flash. Grady will be dissapointed as with all the pros that came to play every year and the state amateur championship. I guess guys from here just aren't as good as the ones you know.

My lowest score as an amateur was 3 under on my home course. In my 6 or so years there I wouldn't have broken par 10 times. Still got down to 1 though. My lowest score as a pro was 6 under, only did it the once and of course in just a stingy pro am worth bugger all.

The one propping up the bar yelling at the tv about hackers that shouldn't be on tour? :D

We did this because if you didn't have a traineeship you could not then be a pro at a golf club. You could become a pro through the tour school but very very few did it that way as they wanted the security of being able to become a club pro if it didn't work out on the tour, even Norman was a trainee, though I think in his last year Charlie sent him on the tour pretty much full time.

Your playing status is defined by the rules of golf, not by a traineeship at a golf club. "Turn pro", anyone can do at any point in time according to his/hers own will by giving up his/hers amateur status.

There's even a wiki-page on the topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_golfer

The governing body in this case is R&A or USGA, depending on your home country.

http://www.randa.org/Rules-and-Amateur-Status/Amateur-Status.aspx

Great! Can we agree that I know what I am talking about then... (I mean, if you know who I am that should be pretty obvious)?

As much as I don't want to go wasting time on a troll.

It takes a bit of finding on the pga site but I see that now the handicap to become a trainee pro is 3 for men and 6 for women.

http://www.pga.org.au/article-display/PGA-Trainee-Program/131867

Well bugger me, you can become a golf pro by being a trainee. I guess Greg Norman and myself and thousands of others weren't scammed.

You have a very condescending way of talking to people who actually have been there and done that, have the experience and bought the tshirt. As you are just a hacker I think it best you just let it go and be happy with your lot in life instead of trying to be the all knowing neville nobody.