BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
BarnicaleBob

Urgent Need B Negative Blood

An American expat is in distress and needs your help. Anyone of you happen to have B Neg Type blood. He is in the hospital with severe internal bleeding. He has lost a large amount of blood. Chiang Mai Ram1 does not have this blood in stock. It will be tomorrow before they will get it from BKK. If anyone has B Neg blood and can donate to him, it will be greatly appreciated. Call 083 201 1062 or email me back. Please email or call your friends and ask for their help.

Larry Edmonds Senior Vice Commander VFW Post 12074

Urgent update, BKK now said they do not have B Negative blood so now it may be days before they can find it now. Please call tonight if you or anyone have and can donate B negative blood.

My blood group is B-ve and I believe I am healthy enough to donate blood, having done so several times in the past (but not in this year, so am eligible to donate again now since its more than a year since my last blood donation). However, I live in Bangkok and would need blood collected in Bangkok ideally. I can travel to a local hospital in Bangkok to donate blood if needed and then the same can be shipped to you under preserved conditions. Ideally, I would not want to have to travel out of town to donate blood, but in a life and death / emergency situation, I am more than willing to do even this -travel to Chiang Mai.

Regards,

Sandeep Baldota

PS: I tried calling, but nobody answered the phone. I can be reached on 0814845816 - you can call me any time - even in the middle of the night if this can save a life.

Edited by CiscoThailand

I have just been informed that Ram Hospital found 1 unit of blood for Mr. Webb. Ram does not have the staff available on the night shift to take blood donations. They will begin taking donations in the morning. What time I do not know but as soon as I find out I will post it on TV. Thank all of you for the concern you have shown for Patrick Webb. My phone has been ring off the hook, so to speak, from concerned Ex-Pats and Thai Nationals from Udon to Bangkok and beyond. I may have missed several call while talking to others and I apoligize.

My phone has been ring off the hook, so to speak, from concerned Ex-Pats and Thai Nationals from Udon to Bangkok and beyond. I may have missed several call while talking to others and I apoligize.

So good to hear! Was going to offer to come get typed as I have no idea what blood type I am but it sounds like you are getting plenty of offers from ready and willing donors. Best of luck to Mr. Webb...

According to the Australian Red Cross website patients with B- blood can accept blood from donors that are B- as well as donors who are O-.

As O- is nearly 5 times more common I think it is highly important to also request donations from people of this blood type.

Here is the Australian Red Cross website link:

http://www.donateblood.com.au/all-about-blood/blood-types

My best wishes to the patient concerned.

The patient has severe internal bleeding and the "best hospital in Chiang Mai" has no one to take blood? <deleted> is up with that? Absolutely pathetic. And there are some who say the health care here is equal to that in the west.

As I understand it O negative blood can give to anyone.But the only blood that can give to another person with O negative blood is someone with O negative blood

Urgent update, BKK now said they do not have B Negative blood so now it may be days before they can find it now. Please call tonight if you or anyone have and can donate B negative blood.

I checked at Chiang Mai Ram now they are giving him one unit blood and tomorrow red cross in Bangkok will tell them if they can find B- blood group or not , if good luck tomorrow evening they will have it and in case nescessary can give O - too.

sorry edit, thought you were after b+

Edited by chooka