Urgent Need B Negative Blood

BarnicaleBob

Some time ago I set up this Group on facebook to try and help, I made it open to everyone and I got nothing but hassle from people saying it should be a closed group. So I made it a closed group and made everyone admin so they could invite friends to join and add their blood group, again nothing but hassle that I had done this. So I just thought sod it and left people to do what they wanted with it. I've just checked and you now have some woman that caused most of the hassle spamming it to sell her <deleted>. I think it is a good idea to have a group and it could save someone's life but it seems that Chiang mai people are above such things. I would gladly join a group on here and be available to give blood should the occasion arise.

Larry the Senior Vice Commander of the Chiang Mai VFW Post 12074 is in the process of finding a way to set up a blood register and when the details are worked out we will find a way to keep everything confidential but when a need arises we will be able to contact people with matching blood types in the register and tell them where their blood is needed. That way nothing will be on a public form and there will be a central organization with several contact numbers of a select few trusted members for people to call in an emergency. We could make this contact list available to local hospitals or any other place that would need it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Directions and events for Patrick Webb.

Leaving Chaing Mai going East on highway 1006, street that runs Easterly by the train station and from Narawat Bridge, head towards Bo Sang, town just before you come to San Kamphaeng. At Bo Sang you will come to a 4 way intersection with a traffic light. This is the intersection of 1006 and 1014. If you turn left you will go into the town of Bo Sang. DO NOT TURN. Continue east through the intersection and drive 1/2 kilometer to a Soi on the left. (There will be a sign on the street indicating Pat's viewing location, language to be used unknown). Turn South into the Soi and continue south .3 kilometer to the

Wat on the left. You can't miss it. It has a newly painted orangish wall and just past a picture of the King.

• Monday - Wednesday, 12 - 14 Sept. 2011

The Monks will start their service at approximately 7 pm and should take about 30 - 40 minutes. Pat's wife will arrive at the Wat at about 5 pm. So everyone may start showing up at that time if you want to chat with friends and pay your respects. All are invited

• Thursday, 15 Sept, 2011

On the day of the cremation the Monks will be served lunch at 11:00 am. After they have finished their lunch, food and beverage will be served.

The Monks will give another service off Chants after lunch. The VFW Post 12074 will present it's final service to Comrade Webb just after that. Cremation to be at approximately 2 pm. To visit with Pat's wife and chat with friends come early. 10 am is a good starting time.

Larry Edmonds

Senior Vice CommanderVFW Post 12074Chiang Mai, Thailand

That is a right turn to the south not left

Rhesus

Is that good or bad ??

Common or not.....must be common as seems my missus has it also.

Guess I should google it...but why is it called rhesus....sounds monkey like.

Rhesus is a monkey!!!!!!!!

Each blood group has a rhesus factor, this is important to know.

I am for example A-Pos, according to my military records.

Oh and RIP, a sad loss to everyone.

Edited by beano2274

Rhesus

Is that good or bad ??

Common or not.....must be common as seems my missus has it also.

Guess I should google it...but why is it called rhesus....sounds monkey like.

Rhesus is a monkey!!!!!!!!

Each blood group has a rhesus factor, this is important to know.

I am for example A-Pos, according to my military records.

Oh and RIP, a sad loss to everyone.

This is an explanation of the RH designation from the Australian Red Cross:

Where did blood typing come from?

In 1901, an Austrian scientist, Karl Landsteiner, found that reactions between these antigens, and other substances in plasma (called antibodies) sometimes cause the red blood cells to clump together, resulting in adverse reactions in transfusion recipients. After further experiments, he found four blood groups based on the presence or absence of two specific antigens which we now know as A and B.

This discovery paved the way for a system of blood grouping called the ABO system.

In 1939 and 1940, research involving rhesus monkeys identified another grouping factor which was called the Rhesus Factor (Rh factor). People, regardless of their ABO blood group, who were found to have a D antigen present were grouped as Rh positive and those without the D antigen were grouped as Rh negative. The rhesus group is indicated by a '+' (Rh positive) or '-' (Rh negative) after a person's ABO type e.g. A+ or O-. All these groups are genetically based. People who are Rh negative may develop an antibody (called anti-D) if they are exposed to the D antigen during pregnancy or a blood transfusion.

This is an explanation of the RH designation from the Australian Red Cross:

Where did blood typing come from?

In 1901, an Austrian scientist, Karl Landsteiner, found that reactions between these antigens, and other substances in plasma (called antibodies) sometimes cause the red blood cells to clump together, resulting in adverse reactions in transfusion recipients. After further experiments, he found four blood groups based on the presence or absence of two specific antigens which we now know as A and B.

This discovery paved the way for a system of blood grouping called the ABO system.

In 1939 and 1940, research involving rhesus monkeys identified another grouping factor which was called the Rhesus Factor (Rh factor). People, regardless of their ABO blood group, who were found to have a D antigen present were grouped as Rh positive and those without the D antigen were grouped as Rh negative. The rhesus group is indicated by a '+' (Rh positive) or '-' (Rh negative) after a person's ABO type e.g. A+ or O-. All these groups are genetically based. People who are Rh negative may develop an antibody (called anti-D) if they are exposed to the D antigen during pregnancy or a blood transfusion.

Thanks.

Just looked up my last medical checkup and it says -RH.....no AB or O....so what does that mean ?....wife is the same apparently.

I have just been informed that Ram Hospital found 1 unit of blood for Mr. Webb. Ram does not have the staff available on the night shift to take blood donations. They will begin taking donations in the morning. What time I do not know but as soon as I find out I will post it on TV. Thank all of you for the concern you have shown for Patrick Webb. My phone has been ring off the hook, so to speak, from concerned Ex-Pats and Thai Nationals from Udon to Bangkok and beyond. I may have missed several call while talking to others and I apoligize.

The Ram is totally useless, its a hotel not a hospital.