Dentist Recommedation Needed

el jefe

Sorry for a question that has probably been asked several times before but I did a search and couldn't come up with anything.

Based on what my dentist told me in New York two weeks ago, I probably need a root canal. I'd like to take care of it as soon as possible. (Well not really, but you know what I mean.) I had some minor dental work done at Funsabai Dental Clinic (just outside Thapae Gate) last February and I wasn't thrilled with their work. I'd like to try someone else but don't know where to start, what with 100 dental officies in CM. Do any of you have any suggestions. And, under the assumption that there are plenty of competent dentists here, a recommendation of one located just north or northwest of the city center would be even better.

thanks in advance.

Not North, but just outsiede ChiangMai gate, directly across the street; easy to spot chrome and glass.

They do a great job and when I called around for prices on a crown, they were the same as all the others.

One lady dentist and one man, equally good and speak English.

The reception speaks very little English but just mumble and have a seat.

Sorry for a question that has probably been asked several times before but I did a search and couldn't come up with anything.

Based on what my dentist told me in New York two weeks ago, I probably need a root canal. I'd like to take care of it as soon as possible. (Well not really, but you know what I mean.) I had some minor dental work done at Funsabai Dental Clinic (just outside Thapae Gate) last February and I wasn't thrilled with their work. I'd like to try someone else but don't know where to start, what with 100 dental officies in CM. Do any of you have any suggestions. And, under the assumption that there are plenty of competent dentists here, a recommendation of one located just north or northwest of the city center would be even better.

thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have to also vote for Grace dental; my husband has had cleanings, extraction and implant work there and they have done excellent work and for about 1/3 the cost of work in the states.

Used the Dental Hospital on the superhighway (not far form the big Chotana Road junction, northwest of the city centre as you requested) a few times and always been impressed with their work. They are fairly expensive but noweher near Western prices. I use Dr Kdshgdjh - can't remember his name but it begins with a K. He has the room on the right (about 5 labs/surgeries there altogether). Speaks good English and very helpful.

thanks in advance.

El Jefe,

:o Did you do your search in the CM forum? "dentist" pulls up evey thread in this regard. Even "root canal" pulls up most. I suggest you try that search again as there are several good dentists recommended and there is other valuable info in them.

Thanks to all for the responses, especially to "Seeker 108" for making me search again. I don't know what I did wrong on my first search. I'm a "newbie" here, but not to message boards in general. I re-did the search and, of course, this thread came up on top and then all the other threads on dentists. Lots of useful info. Thanks again.

Thanks to all for the responses, especially to "Seeker 108" for making me search again. I don't know what I did wrong on my first search. I'm a "newbie" here, but not to message boards in general. I re-did the search and, of course, this thread came up on top and then all the other threads on dentists. Lots of useful info. Thanks again.

:D My pleasure

As you probably saw, my vote went to Grace, though I have not yet checked out Dentaland, which also comes highly recommended by some members, especially by P1P.

BTW,

:o

So I did go to Grace and of course I did see Dr Kurokot -- she sees everybody for their initial consultation. While I wasn't thrilled by their over-the-top slickness and telling me only what I wanted to hear, they did do very professional work.

The problem now is that I need a wisdom tooth extracted. Grace won't do it with general anethesia, just a local. I know -- I'm a baby -- but the only other time I had a tooth extracted it was done with just local anethesia and when I heard the cracking, I passed out. Do any of you know of a dentist in CM that will do it with general anethesia?

So I did go to Grace and of course I did see Dr Kurokot -- she sees everybody for their initial consultation. While I wasn't thrilled by their over-the-top slickness and telling me only what I wanted to hear, they did do very professional work.

The problem now is that I need a wisdom tooth extracted. Grace won't do it with general anethesia, just a local. I know -- I'm a baby -- but the only other time I had a tooth extracted it was done with just local anethesia and when I heard the cracking, I passed out. Do any of you know of a dentist in CM that will do it with general anethesia?

Might give these places a call:

http://www.fortunedentalclinic-thailand.com/index.htm

http://www.chiangmaidentalcenter.com/

General anesthesia involves real risks, particularly outside a hospital setting where they're not equipped to deal with a medical emergency.

I very much suspect that a dentist who's refusing to give you what you want on this is in fact giving you excellent, professional advice.

General anesthesia involves real risks, particularly outside a hospital setting where they're not equipped to deal with a medical emergency.

I very much suspect that a dentist who's refusing to give you what you want on this is in fact giving you excellent, professional advice.

I think you are right. The only time I have had oral surgery where it warranted general anesthesia (including two impacted wisdoms removed at the same time) was in a hospital and by an oral surgeon not a general dentist. So glad I did. The doctor joked about it later and asked if my chest hurt. I said no, why? Because that's where he had to put his knee to get the darn thing out.

This is totally not a reply to the above post but does anyone know the costs of dental surgery,ie:-fillings,extractions and so on,I wondered in case I may need it myself.All answers would be welcome.

Thanx

KC

This is totally not a reply to the above post but does anyone know the costs of dental surgery,ie:-fillings,extractions and so on,I wondered in case I may need it myself.All answers would be welcome.

Thanx

KC

If you go to the site URLs of the previous posts in this topic they will have a breakdown of the prices.

Dentaland has Nitrous O, more friendly known as Laughing Gas. A friend's daughter is due to be sniffing some right about now!

The stuff always works for me. Once they gave me a little pill "halycon" i think and i don't even remember the visit. I remember that i went into the office and that I left and they helped me to my pickup truck where I had a camper in the back and I slept for about 6 hours. Woke up with a little hangover but nothing bad. I also think this happened to me once at the Nana Plaza but that's another story.

Gee, thank you Doctors taxout and tywais. I wasn't really looking to be anesthesized in the middle of the Warorot Market.

I never said that Grace refused to use general anesthesia, just that it's not a service they offer. They were going to have an oral surgeon do the work. I would prefer one that uses general anesthesia. It's very common in the US.

I guess I'll check out the CM Dental Hospital.