BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
paulnuek

Best Bar In Cm?

I'm glad you pointed out that in this context British means English. Other nationalities unfortunately have to share that island and often get tarred with the same brush.  :D

Just as well pal or you'd now be a Kraut :o

Krauts, as you know have much better manners.

Goodview is more fun than the Riverside.

Why is goodview more fun?

Is the Black Cat bar still open?

I`ve just been looking at some old photos and remembered spending quite a lot of time there.

I'm glad you pointed out that in this context British means English. Other nationalities unfortunately have to share that island and often get tarred with the same brush.  :D

Why is goodview more fun?

Because he's being objectionable

You're obviously not very well travelled

you can always spot a kraut as opposed to a brit.white socks,sandals,bum bag,sh*t haircut.

is it me or are we brits(and maybe the italians and thai's)the smartest nationality who have a bit of fashion sense.go in bubble ie and its a sea of fashion disasters and the scandinavians are desperate dressers too.personally i feel overdressed when i go out in thailand dressed as i do in leeds(england) wearing nice jeans and a shirt/t-shirt.find it scruffy going out in their attire,but thats just me.

[you can always spot a kraut as opposed to a brit.white socks,sandals,bum bag,sh*t haircut.

is it me or are we brits(and maybe the italians and thai's)the smartest nationality who have a bit of fashion sense.go in bubble ie and its a sea of fashion disasters and the scandinavians are desperate dressers too.personally i feel overdressed when i go out in thailand dressed as i do in leeds(england) wearing nice jeans and a shirt/t-shirt.find it scruffy going out in their attire,but thats just me.

I think it is just you!!

I was looking at your description of a "kraut" and it seemed to fit most Brits :o

anyway, what was the best bar you were going to tell us about?

Is the Black Cat bar still open?

I`ve just been looking at some old photos and remembered spending quite a lot of time there.

It shut down several years ago and Bryan opened a restaurant/bar there and now that is gone. Things are really transitory in CM.

Looks like I`d better leave those white socks at home then  :D

What is your favorite bar then miss Foxy  :o

havnt really got a favourite,many are same same as the annoying saying goes.felt iv missed out on not knowing where the 'classier bars' are.maybe someone could recommend me some top haunts

i went to X-zone club a few times,me and my friends only falangs,but we were made to feel,not out of place.spent alot of time in the usual spots-bar beer centre,spotlight bar,bubble(music pure cheese couple of years behind the times)is there anywhere that plays modern house/trancey vibes?

peak pool bar was good to start off,spicy til 6am was a last resort

anyway our flights are booked,and we land at cm 20th dec to january 18th and i cant wait,england is so cold.book the duangtwan hotel as iv had good reports.

first christmas away from home,is a big party over xmas/new year?

havnt really got a favourite,many are same same as the annoying saying goes.felt iv missed out on not knowing where the 'classier bars' are.maybe someone could recommend me some top haunts

i went to X-zone club a few times,me and my friends only falangs,but we were made to feel,not out of place.spent alot of time in the usual spots-bar beer centre,spotlight bar,bubble(music pure cheese couple of years behind the times)is there anywhere that plays modern house/trancey vibes?

anyway our flights are booked,and we land at cm 20th dec to january 18th and i cant wait,england is so cold.book the duangtwan hotel as iv had good reports.

Not really sure about Xmas as I usually stay in Pattaya.

New year is Ok in Cm but then again it is ok anywhere. :D

So what you doing during the day then?

Trekking or sightseeing?

Have you been as far as Sankampaeng Hot Springs yet?

Not really sure about Xmas as I usually stay in Pattaya.

New year is Ok in Cm but then again it is ok anywhere. :D

So what you doing during the day then?

Trekking or sightseeing?

Have you been as far as Sankampaeng Hot Springs yet?

during the day! ha. usually stay in bed until 3pm ish.very lazy i am.not really one for trekking etc.i am very much a night person

i know its strange travelling to thailand and not doing alot,but the place just keeps dragging me back,the whole aura of it.

Have you tried anywhere else in Thailand then.

Cm is not that famous for its nightlife :o

I once stayed for the day only on a deserted island near pattaya.

Me and 2 other people on the whole island.

It was out of this world. :D

Edited by paulnuek

Have you tried anywhere else in Thailand then.

Cm is not that famous for its nightlife :o

I once stayed for the day only on a deserted island near pattaya.

Me and 2 other people on the whole island.

It was out of this world. :D

yes been to bangkok,pattaya,ko phangan for full moon,samui.but love the people in chiang mai and the chilled outness of it all.bangkok is great for a while but its too in ya face,loved the full moon party.didnt like pattaya too much,a bit sleazy for my liking.might try laos for a few days

Wow,you have been around then. :o

I agree with you that CM is more laid back.

Down side is there are less bars.

Pattaya can be a bit sleezy but once you have stayed there a few times you tend to turn a blind eye.

Anyway I will almost certainly run into you in some bar or another when i`m in CM.

Have fun (and try to get up earlier and see some of the sights)