Best Bar In Cm?

yes been to bangkok,pattaya,ko phangan for full moon,samui.but love the people in chiang mai and the chilled outness of it all.bangkok is great for a while but its too in ya face,loved the full moon party.didnt like pattaya too much,a bit sleazy for my liking.might try laos for a few days

Laos is nice, but the nightlife does not exist. Maybe not for you?

CM has a special charm that is well hidden

better stay in the south, as the old saying goes :o

anybody got a best bar yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My other OK place (limited time) is the old Red lion and with its amber at Bt 100 a pint is again...cool.Sit outside and watch the tourists and backpackers making fools of themselves....

Yeah the Red Lion is OK.....especially if you like German beer or any beer for that matter which has a taste. But I don't think I shall be back.............overcharged twice in the last 3 visits. Change came back 100 baht short each time. Once anybody can make a mistake but twice that smacks of rip off! So if you go check your change!!!!!

My other OK place (limited time) is the old Red lion and with its amber at Bt 100 a pint is again...cool.Sit outside and watch the tourists and backpackers making fools of themselves....

Yeah the Red Lion is OK.....especially if you like German beer or any beer for that matter which has a taste. But I don't think I shall be back.............overcharged twice in the last 3 visits. Change came back 100 baht short each time. Once anybody can make a mistake but twice that smacks of rip off! So if you go check your change!!!!!

So you didn`t leave a tip then? :o

The new Queen Victoria Inn by far. They would have to have the most pleasant and friendly bar staff of any bar I know. If you are a beer drinker (I'm not) they probably have the best range in town on tap. Great atmosphere, and an exrensive menu, and what's more it's spotless!!

The new Queen Victoria Inn by far. They would have to have the most pleasant and friendly bar staff of any bar I know. If you are a beer drinker (I'm not) they probably have the best range in town on tap. Great atmosphere, and an exrensive menu, and what's more it's spotless!!

Where is it, MJ Man? I've heard so much about it. And I've been told it's near London House school or it's near the old Thai Airways office. But I can't spot it when driving by. Would definitely check it out if only I knew where it was.

Head towards Chang Puak Gate (North) on the inside of the moat and turn left after Khan Asa cafe.

Personally, I quite like the Writers Club on Rachadamnoen (opposite La Villa): Decent, cheap wine, decent, cheap food, friendly hosts, comfortable. Good for groups or solo.

Head towards Chang Puak Gate (North) on the inside of the moat and turn left after Khan Asa cafe.

That would be travelling due west polecat, not north, on the inside of the klong. The easiest direction is that it's about 150-200 metres past the Thai Airways office (under reconstruction) heading north towards Chang Puak Gate and on the same side of the road.

That would be travelling due west polecat, not north, on the inside of the klong.

Ooh, you're a picky little bugger, aren't you :o

Chang Puak is the north gate, I believe, and that is what I was referring to. Anyway, enough, if Too True can't find the joint by now, let him starve.

They've got a website by the way (Queen Vic) can't remember the address, but Google is your friend.

Does anyone remember the VW camper van that was decked out as a coctail bar?

It was parked near the Night Bazaar area.

I remember having a couple there and looking at the shop it was parked in front of..Tattoo by Bastard.

Well you have to laugh.

If you wanted a Tat,would you seriously get it done by a Bastard? :o

The name of the shop...honest....

That would be travelling due west polecat, not north, on the inside of the klong.

Ooh, you're a picky little bugger, aren't you :o

Chang Puak is the north gate, I believe, and that is what I was referring to. Anyway, enough, if Too True can't find the joint by now, let him starve.

They've got a website by the way (Queen Vic) can't remember the address, but Google is your friend.

Cheers, boys. Figured it out. Don't usually drive on that road past the Thai airways office, not since (in my opinion) Amazing Sandwich became not so amazing.

Will arrive in early jan.

Would appreciate your comments.....

I can't recall the bars name but head south from the night bazaar on Chang Khlan Rd. a mile or two. Someone here will know the bars name. It sits back off the road, rarely find farangs within. It has live Thai rock bands, a stagecoach scene painted on the wall behind the bandstand. Foods ok, beers cold its a bit rundown, but hey thats rock and roll. I was able to talk my then longtime gf (now wife) to go with me once. It was her first visit to a bar and she found it too be to noisey and she didn't like the fact the band knew me from time spent on Koh Samui and that a waitress seemed to know me a little too well.

Been a few years since I've went as my wife after 4 years of living here is still in permanent residencey visa hel_l and we can leave the country as she'll not be able to return. We do have hope it'll be done soon so we can go in Febuary to visit mom.

WOW, thats some advert

Have you got shares in it by any chance? :o

WOW, thats some advert

Have you got shares in it by any chance? :o

Is nobody allowed an opinion but you ThaiPoorly?