Deep Sea Fishing From Samui

gray42

I tried one of the 1 day "fishing tours" for 1,500 baht with Mr. Tu Fishing Game. To make a long story short, the crew was satisfied catching 6 inch fish. It was definitely a fishing trip for people who don't fish very much. Now that I know, I can't complain too much. Waste of money.

So......

It seems like to get good fishing from Samui, you have to leave Samui. The same service I went on the 1 day trip with offers a deep sea trip for 5,000 baht. The boat leaves at 7am and returns the next day at 4am. It says 8 hours is spent going to and then returning from the fishing spot, so that leaves 13 hours for fishing, changing spots, eating, etc. I'm thinking of giving this trip a go, but I'm a bit skeptical because of the day fishing trip. Are there any other reputable deep sea fishing services from Samui that are at a decent cost? Or does anyone experienced with fishing around Samui want someone to pitch in fuel money on a trip?

Thanks,

G

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the " Mr Tu" tip, i have been thinking of trying him for a couple of years, but knowing about the lack of fish around Samui have been reluctant. Seems i was correct.

Since the Mr. Tu fishing trip I've done 2 other ocean trips. One at Koh Tao and one at Koh Chang. The biggest fish I caught was a 1 kg. golden snapper at Koh Chang. That's it. I have a friend though who has done quite a few trips around the Koh Kood / Koh Chang area and has had good success. I think he goes out for more than a day though, but not necessarily far away from the islands. There's big fish in the waters there for sure. It's still overfished, but not like how it is around Samui. You can even catch 6kg+ fish (queenfish, barracuda, cobia) from the piers with live bait if you put in the time or get lucky.