Sattelite Installers In Chiang Mai

wincen

I just installed one about a month ago, its Dynasat with C & KU band, came with a 7.5ft diameter dish, good reception. Prices varies from company to company. If you need the contact please let me know.

I just got a number for psisat on mahidol rd. Any other contacts would help.

Is everthing free after install or are some channels scrambled? do the boxes descramble/decode also?

we just got ours installed. its our electriction. did a great job and does satellite installions just cause he likes to. we got a dynasat and very happy with it. anyone interested pvt msg me and if you can speak a little thai, he'll do it for you.

PSI is the largest local retailer/installer.. 053-221-627

If you don't speak Thai, ask for Khun Apichat

Just called them and got the brochures.

Thanks

Can I get more sats then on their list? I'm an experienced st user in the US, but don't know whats on this side of the world.

From my experience, no. And the English language pickin's are not very good, either. I use it more for when I'm bored with UBC... Which is far superior, in my opinion.

But, I still feel that the satellite is worth having...

I will say this about the satt dish that i have called 'dynasat'.....it's as good as ubc, but free [or a 1 time charge that pays for it's self in less than a year] . ripps off the aguila satt over the philippines and i would say that english programming is as good or better than the big UBC and you don't get those annoying 'red screens of death' that ubc lost me with. i figure over the years of paying ubc that i could have bought 4 dishes. have had my dynasat for 6 mo now and it was down for a couple of weeks when they re-scrambled the signal and it does seem a little more sensitive to storms, but for the price, you can't go wrong.

Now that the p word (price) has been mentioned, how much are these things? Any monthly fee whatsoever?  How about service?

And is there any program guide or do you just have to surf?

Thanks

For a Dynasat 7foot or was it 7.5 ft., and a F1 receiver box which does have an optional card slot in case u want some Astro(Malaysian PRogramming), Zee Networks, Star Networks(India), all of which are subscriable. But as far as FTA (free to air) tv is concerned, it does a great job with at least 280 plus channels. The Agila satellite has great programming as someone else mentioned here. You get better than what UBC offers and its free. At least for the moment.

The P factor. Well I would say 18500 would be a price you would be looking at. Without the card slot!. Option for a card slot would be 1000 plus more. Its a movable satellite so you just scan for all the channels and it automatically saves all channel information. YEs its a one time payment for the equipment and installation.

You would be able to get all Asian satellites. Can't recall the latitudes or is it longitutes?? lol .. whatever. you can go to www.lyngsat.com for detailed satellite information or just go to www.psisat.com for a channel schedule.

Edited by groo

~

Hoo boy - this is showing me how dumb I am..

Went to the lyngsat page and it was in English but greek to me. The psi page next but it is in Thai and I cannot figure out how to get it in Eng.. Help!

Also, are premium channels like HBO, etc included with the decoder or do you sacrifice those for a free connection?

~

Hoo boy - this is showing me how dumb I am..

Went to the lyngsat page and it was in English but greek to me.  The psi page next but it is in Thai and I cannot figure out how to get it in Eng..  Help!

Also, are premium channels like HBO, etc included with the decoder or do you sacrifice those for a free connection?

Hi !.. well let me make it easier for you. Download the attachment and this is as good as it gets. As far as premium channels are concerned, the HBO etc are on Agila KU band from Phillipines (sorry bout the spelling). Its free for the MOMENT!. untill they re-encode the transmission. Mind you, they know about it being free to most parts of asia but maybe waiting for more $$$?

but looking at the list, its not bad for FTA - free to air. A lot of channels - most of them indians like to keep it free for huge exposure and they get great advertising money. So they dont really give much a ###### about subscribtion money.

all the best.. lyngsat is quite technical actually . it lists all channels whether encoded or clear. But some of us here like to look at the "hidden free" stuff that we can tune into in case we need to!. Those need a little more study into the physics or rather geographics of satellite positions.

**attachment deleted**

Edited by cdnvic

I just talked to CTE (Chiang Mai Tech. Eng.) I'll get the dynasat F1 move, which i hear is the same as the silver set. It does have a card slot but i thought the silver set had two card slots.

7.5' dish 18" actuator and some other stuff, but it was the top of the line package for 17,900 Baht (special promotion for me), one year support.

He said dream works now but he can't guarantee it will work for ever. I figure if he warned me then there is a real chance that it will go soon.

I'll probably go for it.

I just talked to CTE (Chiang Mai Tech. Eng.) I'll get the dynasat F1 move, which i hear is the same as the silver set. It does have a card slot but i thought the silver set had two card slots.

7.5' dish 18" actuator and some other stuff, but it was the top of the line package for 17,900 Baht (special promotion for me), one year support.

He said dream works now but he can't guarantee it will work for ever. I figure if he warned me then there is a real chance that it will go soon.

I'll probably go for it.

I think its a good deal. go for it :o ..

I'll probably go for it.

Does that mean they'll fix it if it breaks?

I think of 'support' more as 'advice'...

Will they actually come to your house to do the fixing?

Btw, 2 years free fixing is standard at PSI, last I recall.

I had good service from them. Unfortunately, too often.

Edited by Ajarn

I receive Agila from the Phippines, 52 channels, HBO, Cinemax, TCM, National Geograhic + all the others on UBC. Only channel I can't get is BBC Prime. You don't need a steerable dish. I have installed a permanent dish. Total price 10,000baht for dish and decoder. The decoder does need updating once a year. You can experience some fading due to the very low angle of the dish. This dish is situated in Phayao but looking on the internet it looks like it will also work in Chiang Mai. There are several contractor in Chiang Rai that supply the decoder and dish