Secondhand Car Parts

glanville63

Someone told me there is a large retailer of secondhand car parts, engines, gearboxes, seats, bumpers etc on the Sukhumvit Road. Has anyone got a clue where it is. I'm looking for a secondhand gearbox for a Honda City that got trashed by my Thai step son. The car has been restored to it's former glory but the accident side swipe caused the automatic gearbox to malfunction and the repairer said a new auotomatic box will cost around 120,000 baht and the insurers won't wear that. A second hand box will cost around 40,000 baht apparently. This retailer on the Sukhumvit might have the box I'm looking for. Any ideas please.

yes there is a second hand engine/box supplier on Sukhumvit road

he imports the parts from japan

warranty's are limited and the prices are around as you have quoted

he is located on the left side coming from Bangkok to Pattaya

he is after the Mercedes dealership and before Naklua traffic lights

he has lots of car front ends stacked and engines on the forecourt

i would however suggest an alternative

i recommended my pal joedee went to a local mechanic who sorted his auto box for him

before committing to a new box i recommend you read joedees story here:

http://www.thaivisa....7-car-mechanic/

i hope that helps

TK

Edited by timekeeper

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello,

Do you know how much cost an alternator for an old Corrola and where to buy second hand or refurbished car parts around Pattaya ?

Where do garages and mechanics buy their car parts and would it be cheaper to buy myself ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Do you know how much cost an alternator for an old Corrola and where to buy second hand or refurbished car parts around Pattaya ?

Where do garages and mechanics buy their car parts and would it be cheaper to buy myself ?

Thanks.

Most small garages buy their parts from the parts suppliers on Sukhumvit.

There's a few on Sukhumvit on your left hand side, coming from South Pattaya driving towards Bangkok.

There's a big 2nd hand shop on the 36 highway. If coming from Sukhumvit (the big overpass) driving towards Rayong, 500 meters past the 2nd 7/11 on your left side. About 1.5 km before you see the International School of the Regents on your right hand side...

Recognizable through the bunch of "half" cars in front of the place...Very big store/warehouse in the back...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have used the place on sukumvit, and found them not only cheap but also their mechanic was also very good ,all far cheaper than the main dealer

Hello,

Do you know a place where they sell parts and also repair ?

It is so boring to bring the car to a garage early morning to pick it up in evening (even Bquick for some repair) that I would like to find one of these spare parts seller that can also repair when I visit them.

Does the Big one on highway also repairs ?

Thanks.

I have used the place on sukumvit, and found them not only cheap but also their mechanic was also very good ,all far cheaper than the main dealer

Hello,

Do you know a place where they sell parts and also repair ?

It is so boring to bring the car to a garage early morning to pick it up in evening (even Bquick for some repair) that I would like to find one of these spare parts seller that can also repair when I visit them.

Does the Big one on highway also repairs ?

Thanks.

No i had to leave it there ,we do not live far away so walked home. i believe they cannot do all repairs either.