Nong Bua Lamphu

nmac1106

Does anyone know anything about a town called Nong Bua Lamphu, and surrounding area. All I know so far is that it that it is almost mid-way between Udon Thani and Loei, and some details about near by attractions. I would like to know more about the town, and area. :o

Does anyone know anything about a town called Nong Bua Lamphu, and surrounding area. All I know so far is that it that it is almost mid-way between Udon Thani and Loei, and some details about near by attractions. I would like to know more about the town, and area.  :D

I live about 40 km out from nongbaulamphu it is a small place but I think it would be the largest town along the road road from Khon Kean to Udon. There is a hotel there that is suppost to be ok with good monthly rates there is also a farang that has a massarge palour. Large food market and alot of shops selling every thing from cars to home hardware. I have never seen a place that sells western food but there are a couple of places that sell good Thai food and nice cold beer around the lake. I did hear that they were going to build a big C or tesco there soon and I think the town is going to start to boom soon as they are building a lot of homes there at the moment.

Other than that dont know much about it except last time I walked down the street a Tuk tuk driver tried to give me his pretty daughter :o

Sound pretty good to me, I'll not worry about the food I've become quite partial to Thai food. I'll be visiting the area in January so it's nice to have a little bacck ground information about the place.

Thanks Neil :o

Where you from neil and how long will you be in Nongbaulamphu for if you give me some details I am sure I can point you in the right direction

:o Thanks guys, g/f is from area, she has just moved back with parents, about 20km NW af city as far as I can gather. This morning she booked hotel for us for my visit on 3 January. I am just trying to get a feel for the area before visit but language difficulties mean info from g/f a bit limited. From what I've heard and read so for sounds like a suitable place for me.

Thanks Neil