2 Questions About Krabi (Extract Stones Bridge And Police)

khman

Hi, I discovered Krabi, and I have two question, quite hard to explain.

Near Ao Nang, I saw two "metal bridges" on the sea, where they seems to extracts a lot of stones, I saw MOUNTAINS of stones. "bridge" was like 100 or 200 meters long, with rails, like when they extract gold. Do you know why they do that?

Also, that's not a question, but I was in Krabi town center, in a small, small street (lost in motorbike), very dark, and about 10 policemen controled me (quickly, they checked passport but not much, they checked my wallet, cigarettes, but quickly. If I had drug well hidden, for sure they wouldnt notice). That's weird ! Maybe they looked for someone...? We didn't have helmets, they didn't say anything about this... Just for curiosity if someone knows what they're doing... :)

If it was northwesr of Ao Nang and north of the Royal Residence it is for loading cement on to ships.

Thanks,

i don't know where it was, we were in a motorbike ride.

Here are two fotos where you can see (badly) the "bridge" and the panorama, maybe you can localize... :)

post-116777-0-40463100-1316395286_thumb.

post-116777-0-25612200-1316395385_thumb.

As I understand it that is lime extraction over there at Khlong Muang, and as one poster mentioned used to make cement and drywall.

Nice view from your expensive Sofitel view, yes? Rusty old barges dumping oil in the water............

Police check? Nothing new, you just happened upon a checkpoint.

If it was northwesr of Ao Nang and north of the Royal Residence it is for loading cement on to ships.

Thanks,

i don't know where it was, we were in a motorbike ride.

Here are two fotos where you can see (badly) the "bridge" and the panorama, maybe you can localize... :) post-116777-0-40463100-1316395286_thumb.

post-116777-0-25612200-1316395385_thumb.

For certain, the top pic is just up the road from the Sofitel. I guess I stand corrected. It would be for loading lime on the ships rather than cement.

The pic looks like it was taken from just about where we stay.

Edited by Gonsalviz