Bars/Nightlife And Place To Stay In Koh Samet?

Zerothai

I'm heading for about a month on the Rayong area and wanted to make a 1-2 weeks on Koh Samet...

Wondering anyone have some advice for a place to stay a couple of weeks (I don't care too much the accomodation as long it have some wifi internet available on the room as I need to check frequently)

Also, last times I go to koh samet was already with company so didn't explored too much, but for what i remember I didn't see any lady bar around... that's going to disappoint me as this time will be alone and worry to make a pretty boring 2 weeks >.< any advice where I can find some company while there?

• 1 month later...

Accommodation in Samet can be expensive especially if u want wi-fi in the room.

The more popular bars on the island are Silversands and Ploy. Naga also gets busy when they have Muay Thai on.

There are a few freelancers in Samet. Usually working in salons or as masseuse but the quality is not high. There is a cayote bar called the Reggae bar but I don't know if they go with customers.

• 4 weeks later...

IMHO, there might be tendency to get bored staying on Koh Samet for more than a day or two at a time. You may wish to consider staying in Ban Phe and doing day trips to Koh Samet. I haven't stayed on the island, but from what I can tell, the "TripAdvisor" reports seemed pretty accurate with respect to island and area accommodations. We recently spent a day at Sai Kiew beach and one member of our party noticed a prevalence of Eastern European and Russian dialects amongst the beachgoers. This is not to be critical or judgmental, just an observation. The whole Rayong, Ban Phe, Laem Mae Phim, Koh Samet area a fun place that we enjoy for vacations. Have a good time.

Island is dirty, these local people do not respect their treasure...

yep .

and dont hire a motorbike ,

the roads are very dangerous .

we dont want another farang going home in a box.

what helmet ?.

:jap:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are a couple traveling for 3 months in Thailand. We stayed on Koh Samet 2 weeks. Nice island but not many activities! Still the "beach life" is amazing. We described all area of the island on our VIDEO BLOG (the address you can see below), so you can see what to expect from each part of the island.

Take care and have a good stay there,

Agnieszka and Julien

Edited by Agnieszka

I strongly recommend sai kaew beach resort, but there are two, one resort is crap the other perfect, so make sure to look at the room before you sign up.

Standing on the beach looking towards the land it is the resort on right hand.

It just so happens that while sun is a nice to see, it also turns you into a boiled tomato,

so you can't take it more than 2 days max, after that go to Pattaya and sunbath in red light, which is more gentle to your skin

• 5 weeks later...

I just got back from a long weekend in Samet, we stayed at http://www.samedvilla.com/ Our room there was 1600 a night. The buffet breakfast (included) was mediocre but adequate.

After checking out some of the other resorts and prices, I'd say that Samed Villa resort is very good value and I'd have no hesitation in booking to stay there again.

Aside from the breakfast, the food at Samed Villa was, I'd say better than most on the Island.

Night time action appeared to be mostly at the nearby Silversands Resort, although I'd imagine that during the week, even there is fairly quiet. From what we saw, Friday & Sat were lively...Sunday, not so much.

A long weekend on Samet is long enough for me, as there is very little to do or see during the day. (I can't lay on a beach for more than 5 mins lol).

As for your 'companionship needs' well I wouldn't normally recommend 'taking sand to the beach' but it might not be a bad idea when going to Samet.

• 4 weeks later...