Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

Bad news.

Went to do my 90 day report today which was reasonably quick.

But, an American woman jumped to the front of the queue brandishing an online booking slip for 4pm,she handed it to the officer and it was duly processed. Being next in line with my ticket I asked why they were accepting "online bookings" for 90 days and he simply shrugged and said it's OK!

Hope none of you visa guys might have needed that slot.

Senseless! 1512039.gif

I was in a few weeks ago and as you say reasonably quick in and out elapsed time 33 minutes. I met a fellow there who told me that you could now book your 90 days on line now.

Seems kind of pointless for a three minute appointment. That is assuming you are ready for it.

I've just looked at the queue on-line page and it specifically states.....'Reason for extensinon visa' and absolutely nothing about booking on-line for 90 day reports, so I think the fellow there was talking BS.........but, nothing there would surprise me.

As you say 'pointless'.......as is the whole 90 day thing.

• Like 1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a clusterfuck that place is now. I went last time at the end of September, popped in during their lunch break, sat next to the ticket machine and was first in line in the afternoon.

I just tried that 20 minutes ago? Wow that place has really shit the bed, no place to park a motorcycle, (maybe in the back?) And tons of people just mulling around with vacant expressions on their faces.

There was no lunch break and the place was fun, <deleted> happened?

I guess I can try lining up at 6:30am on Friday so I can get my reentry permits, I don't feel like losing my visa and doing that all over again...

We don't need a second airport, we need a new immigration center....

What a clusterfuck that place is now. I went last time at the end of September, popped in during their lunch break, sat next to the ticket machine and was first in line in the afternoon.

I just tried that 20 minutes ago? Wow that place has really shit the bed, no place to park a motorcycle, (maybe in the back?) And tons of people just mulling around with vacant expressions on their faces.

There was no lunch break and the place was fun, <deleted> happened?

I guess I can try lining up at 6:30am on Friday so I can get my reentry permits, I don't feel like losing my visa and doing that all over again...

We don't need a second airport, we need a new immigration center....

You can now park your motor bike next door.

Yes indeed we need a new immigration center but even more important we need more officers to man it. Both situations controlled by Bangkok.

Funny how this is Thaksins back yard that we get overlooked on that.

I am sure he could turn a tidy little profit with the construction of a new state of the art built for future expansion building.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Tywais , could you post a link for online queue , I,ve tried your jpeg form link , not permitted to view ? immo site does not have info on queue booking , driving me bonkers ! Need appointment for around 17 June , or should I go to a visa agent to get a date , ? thanks

Is it possible to give all the paperwork ,blah blah ,to an agent for retire visa ? do they get preferential treatment ?

No doubt they charge like a wounded bull , but to avoid the worsening visa hassle ? anyone have name of a decent reliable one , CM ?

Yes , the website is well screwed , crashed .........according to my computer.

Queues will be getting absolutely phenom,anal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lessun they fix it .

I mean , if you just walk in office with all the bumf, there's no ticket number for retire visa , how do you get a number , from whom ?

It seems at the moment the only website you can get into is immigration area 5, i have been trying for the last 2 days to make a booking but the chiangmai link is screwed and comes up with some technical error.

I wonder if immigration know?

It's not like them not to fix a problem.

Yes , I got the link , however my retire visa ends 17 June , all dates before are reserved ,,,,,,,, any alternatives / try Bangkok , or can,t I apply there if living Chiang Mai ? Try a nearby country , or is that just too difficult ?

Where might I go to get a non imm visa and then try booking a date 100 days ahead .........all very frustrating .

Yes , I got the link , however my retire visa ends 17 June , all dates before are reserved ,,,,,,,, any alternatives / try Bangkok , or can,t I apply there if living Chiang Mai ? Try a nearby country , or is that just too difficult ?

Where might I go to get a non imm visa and then try booking a date 100 days ahead .........all very frustrating .

You can just turn up early am at immigration, it's not compulsory to book on-line.

You can start applying one month before your renewal is due.

It seems at the moment the only website you can get into is immigration area 5, i have been trying for the last 2 days to make a booking but the chiangmai link is screwed and comes up with some technical error.

With this link I could make a online appointment .

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/queue-online.html

I found a reservation on it for I believe it was 11:00 June 26

how many days is that before your visa ends? my advice is if your visa ends 17th June you should always renew 17th May or near that date and then calculate 100 days before and get up at 6am and book your slot - that's what I do - I was in and out in 1.5 hours (bit longer this year last year under 1 hour)

With this link I could make a online appointment .

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/queue-online.html

I found a reservation on it for I believe it was 11:00 June 26

yes but his visa ends 17th?

• Like 2

Yes , I guess thats it , tried BKK , you have to be resident there .

You mean go at 6 a.m and try to get a number , ? not from ticket machine I presume , as last 2 times I,ve been , wasn;t working .

Its fkin mess over there and they are ignorant as they come, went today at 8am to be told they are full come back monday OK no problem its a pisser but thats the way it is so I have one small question about the paperwork so attempt to ask it and am told wait, so I wait and wait and wait all the time while this guy tends to peoples tickets which is fine however he is then waiting for people and there is only me so I politely ask excuse me I have a small question to which he completely ignores me, so I ask again politely and again he ignores me LIKE REALLY RUDE like i am not there in front of him, so I turn and ask a guy the left of him and again very politely ask, excuse me I have a question, to which he replies NOT ME so I say who, he point to the <deleted> who was just blanking me.

So I go back over to this guy wait till there is a break in him assisting people and again ask him excuse me I have a small question to ask to which he replies very rudely I DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOU

<deleted> so now I get pissy and say who is here to answer a question then, and then one of the nice temp girls jumps in seeing how ignorant this guy was and finally assists me and I was out in less than 30 seconds.

Now before anyone says anything, I was extremely polite and was not rude in anyway and the treatment was totally unacceptable no excuse for it at all.

I guess I will have to get there on sunday night and camp overnight since that will be my last chance to get my extension and if 8am is too late there is not much hope and online appointments have been fully booked for a while.

Its fkin mess over there and they are ignorant as they come, went today at 8am to be told they are full come back monday OK no problem its a pisser but thats the way it is so I have one small question about the paperwork so attempt to ask it and am told wait, so I wait and wait and wait all the time while this guy tends to peoples tickets which is fine however he is then waiting for people and there is only me so I politely ask excuse me I have a small question to which he completely ignores me, so I ask again politely and again he ignores me LIKE REALLY RUDE like i am not there in front of him, so I turn and ask a guy the left of him and again very politely ask, excuse me I have a question, to which he replies NOT ME so I say who, he point to the <deleted> who was just blanking me.

So I go back over to this guy wait till there is a break in him assisting people and again ask him excuse me I have a small question to ask to which he replies very rudely I DONT HAVE TIME FOR YOU

<deleted> so now I get pissy and say who is here to answer a question then, and then one of the nice temp girls jumps in seeing how ignorant this guy was and finally assists me and I was out in less than 30 seconds.

Now before anyone says anything, I was extremely polite and was not rude in anyway and the treatment was totally unacceptable no excuse for it at all.

I guess I will have to get there on sunday night and camp overnight since that will be my last chance to get my extension and if 8am is too late there is not much hope and online appointments have been fully booked for a while.

So much for the Col's 'happy smile' program I guess?

I thought the "happy smile" program was too good to be true. Every month CM immigration becomes more crowed and less bearable. sad.png

I thought the "happy smile" program was too good to be true. Every month CM immigration becomes more crowed and less bearable. sad.png

Quote:

"I also am very serious about implementing the Pretty Smile Project. If people have to wait here all day, at least they can look at a friendly face. No more grumpy immigration staff. I insist that they be happy, friendly, helpful, smiley, well dressed, polite, black-haired, white-teethed, softly spoken and greet people well"

http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=3724

Something got lost in translation I guess, maybe they thought he was talking about the customers.........where's my black hair dye and tooth paste?

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

If you really don't want to go in there, use Assist to extend your retirement visa. It would be a bit drastic to let it run out and get a new visa from another country, but if you were to go down that route, get a 12-month multi from KL and worry about the extension next year.

Worked like a charm to me yesterday even with 100 falangs crowded in the aircon section to escape the 100 degree heat outside, they called my name and interview was 10 minutes, but wait to get passport returned with stamp took 40 minutes....so in and out in less than an hour.

Still had some problems with parking as they closed all the parking next door and I had to steal a space at the gas station across the street.

I want to cancel an appointment I have for 20 May, 2013. Before I think there was the option to Print the Que Card, or Cancel the appointment. When I access it today there is only the option to Print the queue card.

Has anyone cancelled an appointment recently?

MSPain

Worked like a charm to me yesterday even with 100 falangs crowded in the aircon section to escape the 100 degree heat outside, they called my name and interview was 10 minutes, but wait to get passport returned with stamp took 40 minutes....so in and out in less than an hour.

Still had some problems with parking as they closed all the parking next door and I had to steal a space at the gas station across the street.

you were lucky,last friday it took me over 3 hours to get passport back with stamp,you can park okay in gas station across the road for 20 bht

binjalin , thanks for that

According to the "rules" new retire visas can only be applied for 30 days before expiry of old one ,.............that,s my understanding anyway

thats what I said? apply shortly after 17th May? your visa ends 17th June right? BOOK 100 days before ONLINE your appointment (I get up at 6am and book it online to ensure my slot) so you will be booking in March