Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

binjalin , thanks for that

According to the "rules" new retire visas can only be applied for 30 days before expiry of old one ,.............that,s my understanding anyway

thats what I said? apply shortly after 17th May? your visa ends 17th June right? BOOK 100 days before ONLINE your appointment (I get up at 6am and book it online to ensure my slot) so you will be booking in March

Shhhhh. If you tell everyone this secret, we'll have to wake up 4AM just to get the early bird special! wink.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

NancyL is right on. Just one word of caution. The photocopiers are quite good, but --- generally --- still be aware of what is needed so you can check their work.

Otherwise, to report from the scene this morning.

Every time i have used the on-line queue, it has worked. Will be running the gauntlet again soon, but one thing struck me this morning. There seemed to be very few customers being served prior to 8:30 for procedures that may be booked on-line. That can be explained, I suppose, by the fact that the first on-line appointment is at 09:00. I saw no "walk-ins" for one-year extension business (e.g., marriage, retirement). Looking at the waiting throng, I'd wager a number of them were early arrivals for one-year extensions beginning at 09:00. Maybe they were taken after 08:30 when I left. The officers for those stations were not busy with paperwork. There were just a couple of customers for new passport stamp transfers and re-entry permits, and those zoomed through.

My guess is that walk-ins showing up bright and early for one-year extensions without an appointment might work for up to six people before 9:00 since there are (I believe) three desks handling those. That, of course, is conjecture. Your mileage will vary.

Otherwise, appreciating that progress has definitely been made in making Chiang Mai Immigration more organized and civil, I still think that the office could still make some improvements by, for example, creating more accessible guidance on various procedures by posting instructions in at least English and Japanese, perhaps Chinese, German and French on the internet as part of a totally revamped web site. Printed versions could also be made available at the office. Of course, good translations are needed, not the awkward attempts one sees sometimes. Furthermore, any changes --- or changes in the works --- should be distributed to various news media in town. I believe there are now newspapers (sometimes web sites) in English, Japanese and Chinese. I believe this would relieve a lot of people --- including the Immigration officers --- of a lot of stress.

By the way, the crowd today was generally suitably dressed for the occasion. Only a few looked like they just came off the beach, or off some park bench! I wonder what the mode is in Pattaya!

I booked an online appiontment recently and due to printer failure was not able to print.Now am able to print but do not not queue card code, on previous times have received an e-mail confirming appiontment but have not recieved one yet have others received e-mails lately. I have e-mail an enquiry to immagration but have as of yet. Has anybody esle had this problem

I booked an online appiontment recently and due to printer failure was not able to print.Now am able to print but do not not queue card code, on previous times have received an e-mail confirming appiontment but have not recieved one yet have others received e-mails lately. I have e-mail an enquiry to immagration but have as of yet. Has anybody esle had this problem

They seemed to have stopped sending out confirming emails.

The key thing is the que code -- I always write it down before printing an appointment confirmation because it sometimes seems the confirmation seems to escape into thinair once you request to print it.

The key thing is the que code -- I always write it down before printing an appointment confirmation because it sometimes seems the confirmation seems to escape into thinair once you request to print it.

I always hit print screen and save an image of it just in case.

sad.png On-line queue system? It works, as of today (!) Here's today's blow-by-blow plus an update on the general situation at the office.

Arrive at 9:50 for a 10 appointment. Only one of the retirement extension officers at her station, already working. The other arrived at 10:10 and got right to work. Accepted both me and my wife (back-to-back appointments) --- just like his colleague last year. Certainly easier. ALL forms completed in 22 minutes, including a photocopy from 2006-2007 that they have missed for more than five years (!) Mai phen rai! No weird requests for condo leases, etc. Bank letter was dated two days before.

Wait time for the review and return process: another 20 minutes.

Elapsed time: less than 50 minutes --- on a Monday morning --- for two extensions!

No secret to it except one: Have your act together! No bribes, no tuxedo, no BS.

More about parking later in a separate thread, too. The gas stations across the road don't love us! No one loves us! sad.png

Edited by Mapguy

No, at bank on Saturday. Appointment was today, Monday. Before I have not had a problem with one or two days' leeway. I have always followed the " 7 day rule," if there is such a thing.

Edited by Mapguy

Next time

If your using a windows computer all you need do is hit print.

But when the print menu pops open switch from your designated printer to Microsoft XPS Document writer

It is always there in the drop down menu below your printer

It will then save the thing you wanted to print where you want it ( desktop etc. )for printing later or just viewing.

Kind of like what Tywais is doing but even easier, although both work fine the xps doc later prints as a doc

Edited by mania

One thing I like to do is use the Windows Snipping tool(Win 7 and later) and capture the confirmation image. Now I can print it anytime and archive the queue card image in my email.

• 4 weeks later...

Is this system effective any more or just overloaded..

I waited until my 100 days, marked into my calender.. But every day is fully booked every slot.. I have checked days very early and the whole day that only came online that day, is also fully booked every slot. Repeatedly trying this for a while and my 30 day window is now over. I mean is this booked out at 5 past midnight ?? Or are there slots already in the system somehow booked before I can get to them ??

Additionally the contact email for the person who manages the online queue, who did reply to me last year, has ignored 5 or so emails over a >3 week period.

It seems to me, if the queue system is full, add more officers to dealing with the appointments away from walk ins.. The same amount of people have to do extensions whether its queues or simply walk ins, so each slot queued is simply one less walk in to process. Surely that makes sense ??

Edited by LivinLOS

sad.png On-line queue system? It works, as of today (!) Here's today's blow-by-blow plus an update on the general situation at the office.

Arrive at 9:50 for a 10 appointment. Only one of the retirement extension officers at her station, already working. The other arrived at 10:10 and got right to work. Accepted both me and my wife (back-to-back appointments) --- just like his colleague last year. Certainly easier. ALL forms completed in 22 minutes, including a photocopy from 2006-2007 that they have missed for more than five years (!) Mai phen rai! No weird requests for condo leases, etc. Bank letter was dated two days before.

Wait time for the review and return process: another 20 minutes.

Elapsed time: less than 50 minutes --- on a Monday morning --- for two extensions!

No secret to it except one: Have your act together! No bribes, no tuxedo, no BS.

More about parking later in a separate thread, too. The gas stations across the road don't love us! No one loves us! sad.png

Parking ? The airport will love you for your 10 baht contribution, for parking,biggrin.png and a 5 minute walk to Imm or Airport Plaza ,same distance ...FREE !!!

Is this system effective any more or just overloaded..

I waited until my 100 days, marked into my calender.. But every day is fully booked every slot.. I have checked days very early and the whole day that only came online that day, is also fully booked every slot. Repeatedly trying this for a while and my 30 day window is now over. I mean is this booked out at 5 past midnight ?? Or are there slots already in the system somehow booked before I can get to them ??

Additionally the contact email for the person who manages the online queue, who did reply to me last year, has ignored 5 or so emails over a >3 week period.

It seems to me, if the queue system is full, add more officers to dealing with the appointments away from walk ins.. The same amount of people have to do extensions whether its queues or simply walk ins, so each slot queued is simply one less walk in to process. Surely that makes sense ??

There were slots available 6,7,8 Nov when I just checked.

That said I am thinking that perhaps all the agencies springing up are booking multiple slots?

• Like 1

I had the same experience. They must have changed the rule on only booking 100 days before, because it is all booked up after that too. TIT. This is Thailand. bah.gif

I just went online and and it does give the "over 100 days limit" message correctly. November 11th is unavailable as it is over 100 days from today.

I hope people/visa agencies are not abusing this system.

When I made my appointment, I went online at about midnight and waited for the next day (mine) to arrive 100 days. It became available at about 0020 and I had the choice of the whole day, quite tired me out wondering which slot to take.

On a more serious note, I expect the system could be open to abuse and some joker(s) might enjoy spending their time filling it in with phony names and ID numbers. People get their kicks out of a lot less. It's too bad we don't have to enter the bar-code or something.......whatever happened to that wonderful bar-code idea anyway? I've got one but it might just as well be from Tesco, I'm guessing?

Edited by uptheos

• 4 weeks later...

I made my on-line queue reservation for marriage extension for Dec 9th, thinking it expired Dec 25th being the stupid twit

that I am I used the wrong date on my passport. The actual date it expires is Jan 16. This being more than 30 days before

expiration will they process me on Dec 9th or tell me I'm to early? I feel I should cancel on- line and go for a later date but

nervous something will foul up in the cancel rebook process. Any advice? I don't care if they penalize me a couple of weeks

for applying too early (put it down to my own stupidity) just as long as they accept my Dec 9th booking to begin my new

extension.

Edited by habfan

I made my on-line queue reservation for marriage extension for Dec 9th, thinking it expired Dec 25th being the stupid twit

that I am I used the wrong date on my passport. The actual date it expires is Jan 16. This being more than 30 days before

expiration will they process me on Dec 9th or tell me I'm to early? I feel I should cancel on- line and go for a later date but

nervous something will foul up in the cancel rebook process. Any advice? I don't care if they penalize me a couple of weeks

for applying too early (put it down to my own stupidity) just as long as they accept my Dec 9th booking to begin my new

extension.

You are too early.

Simply re book first nearer the date then cancel the incorrect booking.

Interesting to see that every slot is already booked for the 9th December!

• Like 1

extension.

You are too early.

Yes but be a nice one & also cancel your online too early slot so someone else can grab it. thumbsup.gif

Edited by mania

extension.

You are too early.

Yes but be a nice one & also cancel your online too early slot so someone else can grab it. thumbsup.gif

Or, bearing in mind how scarce they are becoming perhaps auction to the highest bidder.

1508595.GIF

Or perhaps the various agencies have already got that one covered.

1512043.gif

extension.

You are too early.

Or, bearing in mind how scarce they are becoming perhaps auction to the highest bidder.

1508595.GIF

Or perhaps the various agencies have already got that one covered.

1512043.gif

If in fact the various agencies 'have got that one covered', then it's obviously been sanctioned. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

extension.

You are too early.

I will most definitely cancel it but I checked the site and can't seem to find how to go about canceling my appointment for Dec 9th. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm coming in to Chiang mai on Sept 19th to do my 90 day so I will try to do at immigration but there must be a way to cancel online to free up the time sooner.

I will most definitely cancel it but I checked the site and can't seem to find how to go about canceling my appointment for Dec 9th. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm coming in to Chiang mai on Sept 19th to do my 90 day so I will try to do at immigration but there must be a way to cancel online to free up the time sooner.

If I remember right you need to log in by selecting the date/time of your appointment then go to your appointment on calender then click cancel & input your queue number

Edited by mania

If I remember right you need to log in by selecting the date/time of your appointment then go to your appointment on calender then click cancel & input your queue number

That's how I remember it also but checked just now and normally they would have [cancel] and [print] but only have [print] now. Can't see anyway to cancel other than perhaps e-mail them. If the cancellation is missing that's not good as there is no way to clear the spot for others.

post-566-0-98166000-1378031718_thumb.jpg

That's how I remember it also but checked just now and normally they would have [cancel] and [print] but only have [print] now. Can't see anyway to cancel other than perhaps e-mail them. If the cancellation is missing that's not good as there is no way to clear the spot for others.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Just checked too & same as you I see no cancel button anymore?

Well I feel a little better,that others can't find the cancel button on the site as well ( still feel foolish for making the mistake in the first place). I have all ready sent an email so we'll see what happens.

I went as far as clicking on "print" and then an enter Q card number box appeared, Could not go any further without correct code but perhaps Habfan can give it a try to see if anything else appears?

• Like 1

I went as far as clicking on "print" and then an enter Q card number box appeared, Could not go any further without correct code but perhaps Habfan can give it a try to see if anything else appears?

I'll give it a go!