Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried to book an appointment (95-99 days ahead ) for early-December, to assist a friend who's not on-line, and found every last date/time available was already gone, right up to the 100-days limit !

It must be a good system ... it's so very popular ! thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure if immigration are bothered one way or another if a person turns up or not, the officer probably just grabs a number. However, not cancelling is unfair on people who do want the appointment. Still if it doesn't work what can you do? I would have thought that emailing them and keeping a printed copy (just in case) and phoning them is enough, it's not a person's fault if it doesn't work as it should. I wondered how long before there would be a glitch in the system, nothing seems to work correctly for long. Some things never work at all.....the famous bar-code theory. laugh.png

Edited by uptheos

2 "retirement" visa applications, 2.30pm appointment.

2 re-entry permit applications.

1 90 day report.

In at 2.28pm all completed by 3.35pm

The atmosphere seemed more relaxed than I have felt it for years. Staff seemed reasonably contented. Quite a few people but seats available inside and out.

Two days ago, I tried to get 2 appointments for me and my wife back to back on the same day. I was able to get mine but my wife's slot gave me some type of error. I assumed it failed and there were no more time slots.

The following day, I tried once again to reserve 2 time slots which I able to do successfully.

After printing both appointments, I just happen to go to the previous day and lo and behold, I saw my 2 appointments with my and my wife's name which I thought had failed. Both now included the cancel button. I quickly cancel mine since I had the print of it. Because my wife's name was now visible,I was able to print her appointment and cancelled it.

I wonder how many appointments are being wasted if people think as I did that the appointment didn't take. I thought that by the time I grabbed her time slot, someone had already taken it since the web page showed it was reserved.

TIT

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two days ago, I tried to get 2 appointments for me and my wife back to back on the same day. I was able to get mine but my wife's slot gave me some type of error. I assumed it failed and there were no more time slots.

The following day, I tried once again to reserve 2 time slots which I able to do successfully.

After printing both appointments, I just happen to go to the previous day and lo and behold, I saw my 2 appointments with my and my wife's name which I thought had failed. Both now included the cancel button. I quickly cancel mine since I had the print of it. Because my wife's name was now visible,I was able to print her appointment and cancelled it.

I wonder how many appointments are being wasted if people think as I did that the appointment didn't take. I thought that by the time I grabbed her time slot, someone had already taken it since the web page showed it was reserved.

TIT

Good point, but it doesn't mean you're a tit!

I agree that vagabond48 not a tit, and I admire all who try to cancel mistaken appointments; that is, play it "straight." Computer glitches are part of the modern technological beast. Snazzy easy-to-use web sites are not an immigration department strength, especially for those who do not read Thai.

My practical suggestion is this. If you are doing a retirement extension that involves a dependent spouse (and, perhaps, children or ---stretching the point re available time --- other dependent qualified family members), then you only really need one appointment. The two officers doing those extensions will accept BOTH at the same time. It actually saves them time. In any case, the initial officer processing will take less than half an hour in normal cases (accompanying spouses) --- freeing up time for all those not so lucky to have on-line appointments.

Of course, you do have to have your act together. That means knowing what documents and photocopies you need. That is not the topic here, but there are excellent TV threads devoted to those matters.

For an extension of a marriage visa, go hand-in-hand, of course! No surprise there! There are other provisions for other annual dependent extensions (e.g., students), but it is not useful to get too comprehensive here. This post on common situations is basically for newbies and older farts who get entirely too nervous and start up all sorts of vague or narrow question threads !!

I want to put in a plug for the thread "Visiting Chiang Mai Immigration." Search for it! I am hoping to get more and more interested in sharing the practical aspects of visiting the office so that there is less and less confusion on that score. In these days of rather welcome practical change in immigration office procedures, I wonder seriously that too many TV Chiang Mai Forum special threads are needed. A 90-day report is pretty ho hum business these days! On-Line queue? One answer: Get in line early!

By the way, if you don't happen to get an on-line appointment, don't panic. To meet the needs of the vast majority of concerned posters expressed on this Chiang Mai forum site, there are four officers processing retirement and marriage extensions. Some are actually charming! Each retirement extension officer processes applications at about four per hour. The marriage officers are slower. One officer, however, is considerably cuter than almost anyone in the office so you don't mind!

Bureaucratic functions in any country may be complicated. This is not altogether because of stupidity or inertia, but never mind ! I do believe that one has to applaud the improvements in the Chiang Mai office. That office in recent years has suffered a big crush of new (not always particularly well-prepared) people who are finding their way, and some newbies are regrettably nervous nellies and perhaps haven't done all their homework.

Edited by Mapguy

Mapguy, I consider myself reasonably thorough like yourself.

I get an annual retirement extension for me and my wife as a dependent.

Last year the CMI officer told me that I can do both myself and my wife together. I thought that she meant that I would need only one appointment, yeah.

Given that "TIT", when I recently went to get a re-entry permit, I asked the same officer whether I needed 1 or 2 appointments, she said clearly that I still needed 2 back to back appointments.

Last year the CMI officer told me that I can do both myself and my wife together. I thought that she meant that I would need only one appointment, yeah.

Given that "TIT", when I recently went to get a re-entry permit, I asked the same officer whether I needed 1 or 2 appointments, she said clearly that I still needed 2 back to back appointments.

Yes, two back to back appointments for self and dependent. Confirmed last renewal a couple of weeks ago but I had already got the 2 appointments.

Vagabond, the way you wrote the post is a little confusing. I hope you didn't mean to imply that someone should use the appointment system to get a re-entry permit. That's similar to making an appointment for a 90 day report -- an abuse of a system meant for long-term extensions only.

Vagabond, the way you wrote the post is a little confusing. I hope you didn't mean to imply that someone should use the appointment system to get a re-entry permit. That's similar to making an appointment for a 90 day report -- an abuse of a system meant for long-term extensions only.

No Nancy, I wasn't implying that at all! I DID NOT mention getting an appointment for my re-entry permit.

To make it clearer, since I was already at CMI to get a re-entry permit, I took the opportunity to ask about getting appointments for me and my wife.

• 2 weeks later...

Went in for my annual extension based on work and for work permit renewal. Parked at the airport at the very end closest to the airport entry and only 4 or 5 minutes walk to immigration. Arrived quite early as the online appointment was at 9:00AM but wasn't sure if the traffic at 8:00 would be bad or not. It wasn't so arrived 40 minutes early. My name wasn't called until 9:20 AM and was by a head lady with her own private office where she handled my paperwork. Took about 5 minutes with her and another 30 for final signature.

There was a point where my patience started wearing thin and that is with the young girl in the center window who handles queue numbers and returning of passports. Called my name and went to pick it up and remembered they still had my work permit. Was going to point it out to her but she asked 100 baht and was when I noticed the 100 baht in change wasn't attached to the receipt. She than preceded to ignore me. Kept trying to get her attention and several times mentioned the 100 baht but she continued to ignore me. Finally she grabbed my passport in a bit of frustration and went into a back room. Came back with the change and my passport with a bit of annoyance on her face and tossed the passport down on the table. I had gotten very close to getting the attention of one of the immigration officers if she kept ignoring me. I have a great deal of patience, but with the stress of getting the extension and having to head out to labor it got to be much for me.

Anyway, labor was a breeze with a maximum of 15 minutes in and out with my work permit. Interestingly, there was a lovely farang lady, sounded American, handling the reception desk and supplying queue cards and answering questions. After getting my WP I asked her out of curiosity about it. She said she was a volunteer and there to help with any problems or questions. Also to help with her Thai language skills. I didn't hear her but suspect she is ahead of the curve as she was answering questions to Thais who came in and that would require a handle on technical Thai.

Went in for my annual extension based on work and for work permit renewal. Parked at the airport at the very end closest to the airport entry and only 4 or 5 minutes walk to immigration. Arrived quite early as the online appointment was at 9:00AM but wasn't sure if the traffic at 8:00 would be bad or not. It wasn't so arrived 40 minutes early. My name wasn't called until 9:20 AM and was by a head lady with her own private office where she handled my paperwork. Took about 5 minutes with her and another 30 for final signature.

There was a point where my patience started wearing thin and that is with the young girl in the center window who handles queue numbers and returning of passports. Called my name and went to pick it up and remembered they still had my work permit. Was going to point it out to her but she asked 100 baht and was when I noticed the 100 baht in change wasn't attached to the receipt. She than preceded to ignore me. Kept trying to get her attention and several times mentioned the 100 baht but she continued to ignore me. Finally she grabbed my passport in a bit of frustration and went into a back room. Came back with the change and my passport with a bit of annoyance on her face and tossed the passport down on the table. I had gotten very close to getting the attention of one of the immigration officers if she kept ignoring me. I have a great deal of patience, but with the stress of getting the extension and having to head out to labor it got to be much for me.

Anyway, labor was a breeze with a maximum of 15 minutes in and out with my work permit. Interestingly, there was a lovely farang lady, sounded American, handling the reception desk and supplying queue cards and answering questions. After getting my WP I asked her out of curiosity about it. She said she was a volunteer and there to help with any problems or questions. Also to help with her Thai language skills. I didn't hear her but suspect she is ahead of the curve as she was answering questions to Thais who came in and that would require a handle on technical Thai.

Can you now go to immigration for the renewal off your workpermit? I always had to go to

the cityhall near the 700 stadium for the renewal off the workpermit.

Can you now go to immigration for the renewal off your workpermit? I always had to go to

Sorry if there was any confusion above. Immigration always asks to see my work permit to make sure the university letters to immigration matches my job description in the WP correctly. But still have to go to the labor department near the 700 stadium for the WP itself which requires my having the 1 year extension from immigration completed first.

Sorry if there was any confusion above. Immigration always asks to see my work permit to make sure the university letters to immigration matches my job description in the WP correctly. But still have to go to the labor department near the 700 stadium for the WP itself which requires my having the 1 year extension from immigration completed first.

Last time I went to the labor department I did aks the lady for a two year extension off my

workpermit,and that was no problem.Do alll the paperwork and the bloodtest only one time

for two years!!.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I'm trying to get a queue online to extend my spouse visa(NON-O). But my problem is I keep on putting the time (in the upper right hand side) but I can't make it..Can anybody help me.

Thanks

When are you trying to book for-time,date?

Hello

I'm trying to get a queue online to extend my spouse visa(NON-O). But my problem is I keep on putting the time (in the upper right hand side) but I can't make it..Can anybody help me.

Thanks

You need to use the pull down box as shown below to select the time. Looks like Jan. 22 is the first available window.

post-566-0-61411800-1381741117_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Tywais

My extension date for my retirement visa is 25 December. Looking at 30 days prior to that date, everything is already reserved. What is the drill for doing the extension when you can't reserve a time slot?

David

Based on recent reports it would seem arrival at 7:00 AM to queue up is the necessary route. But perhaps someone with more current experience of going without a queue reservation can comment as it seems things have smoothed out some at immigration.

Tywais

My extension date for my retirement visa is 25 December. Looking at 30 days prior to that date, everything is already reserved. What is the drill for doing the extension when you can't reserve a time slot?

David

Based on recent reports it would seem arrival at 7:00 AM to queue up is the necessary route. But perhaps someone with more current experience of going without a queue reservation can comment as it seems things have smoothed out some at immigration.

Thanks … unless I see something otherwise, I'll plan on being there at the crack of dawn. bah.gif

David

• Like 1

Tywais

David

I went in a week ago at 9:00 in the morning fully expecting to be told to come back tomorrow morning was going by any how so I thought I would give it a shot. Was told to come back at 3:00 in the afternoon arrived at 2:30 and was out of there by 4:30. Probably lucky but you never know they have cut down on the processing time. I think some of it depends how many of the early birds have their papers in order as it does eat up time for them to go out back and photocopy stuff.

There was three more people served after me. Was informed that the people lucky enough to get an appointment were served at another desk. Desk 5 and 6 did not serve them. They plan on serving 50 a day but some times it goes quicker as they had a group come in and get served all at once that day. They served 63 all told.

• Like 1

I think that the person with the question in post #350 wasn't using the calendar to select the desired date first. Once you use the calendar to select a date with open appointments, then the date is automatically filled into the box on the form and the drop down menu for the time slot just shows the available times, not the times already booked.

Right now the only open appointments are for Jan 22 and Jan 23. Jan 24 is more than 100 days out; beyond the time when you can book.

You've got to be very well organized to snare an appointment. I used a calendar and counted 100 days ahead of my extension expiration date and then once that day rolled around, I started to visit the on-line queue website every day until I found an open slot. I had to do this for four days in a row, early in the morning, before I found an opening.

Otherwise, you have two options -- hire a visa agent or arrive early, before 7 am and be assertive in the morning herd when the doors open. If this is a problem for you physically, you could ask a friend to handle the early morning shoving and you could arrive around 8 am to get the pre-queue plastic card from him.

Edited by NancyL

I think that the person with the question in post #350 wasn't using the calendar to select the desired date first. Once you use the calendar to select a date with open appointments, then the date is automatically filled into the box on the form and the drop down menu for the time slot just shows the available times, not the times already booked.

Right now the only open appointments are for Jan 22 and Jan 23. Jan 24 is more than 100 days out; beyond the time when you can book.

You've got to be very well organized to snare an appointment. I used a calendar and counted 100 days ahead of my extension expiration date and then once that day rolled around, I started to visit the on-line queue website every day until I found an open slot. I had to do this for four days in a row, early in the morning, before I found an opening.

Otherwise, you have two options -- hire a visa agent or arrive early, before 7 am and be assertive in the morning herd when the doors open. If this is a problem for you physically, you could ask a friend to handle the early morning shoving and you could arrive around 8 am to get the pre-queue plastic card from him.

Sounds like the opportunity for a new business for any one big enough to push there way to the head of the line. They could have several applications on hand.

This is the one area I have a grievance with immigration with they make no allowance for the handicapped. If you are able to get there even though you are 85 years old on crutches you have to fight with the younger healthier people. I witnessed an older fellow coming in the other day in the afternoon. for his 90 day which of course is a freebee time wise and physically wise if you can get to the counter. He was I estimate 80 had a walking staff to balance himself and could barley manage a slow shuffle. They had to hold the door open for him. I can just imagine him in the morning feeding frenzy.sad.png

• Like 1

I think that there are better places to focus discussion on the serious issue of disabled than on thread about the On-Line Queue System.

NancyL has posted twice now --- here and Post #31 here ---

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/673610-which-company-is-the-best-visa-agent-in-chiang-mai/page-2

--- about the plight of ageing people, especially the disabled, at Chiang Mai Immigration. I think it is worth a separate discussion on its own thread or here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/652816-visiting-the-chiang-mai-immigration-office/

I would hope that there is some relief for those seeking is available from so many (often ill-titled) threads and in off-topic but often otherwise useful posts on various other threads (like this one now) that become buried in cyber-obscurity.

What the heck! I'll open one!

• Like 1