Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there differences in holidays which may not be reflected in every Thai calender? E.g. off -days only in Chiang Mai?

If moderators could pin a valid Thai calender to this important issue that would be perfect service by ThaiVISA.

Already have one - Public Holidays 2011. Plus the Thaivisa Calendar 2011. I'm beginning now to get all the data for the 2012 calendar. The problem I usually have is that some holidays, at least the final dates, are not always known until close to the event. Government vacillating and calculating the Buddhist dates (moon phases) and all. ;)

That's probably because all the appointments are booked for the last part of Nov and Dec 1 and 2. Currently, I see an open appointment for Nov 21 and the next one is Dec 8. A couple of slots available for Dec 13. For some reason, the end of the month and beginning of the month are popular times for appointments. You're probably entering a time that's already booked and the system assumes you want to cancel the appointment which is why it's asking you for the queue code.

Yes, you can walk in, but you better "walk in" around 6-6:30 am to get the in pre-queue for the real queue in order to get one of the few retirement extension tickets for that day. I've heard that often all the O visa extension tickets are given out by 8 am.

where do you get the queue code from, i need an appt for last part of nov or dec 1 or 2 for retire visa renewal, but it keeps asking me for a queue code and it won't give me a time. lost in cyberspace help

and if i cannot book an appointment i can still do a walk in???

I never worry about the paperwork for the reentry permit until I'm waiting at Immigration for them to process my new visa extension after the interview. That wait is usually about 20 - 30 minutes, so I fill the idle time by getting the form for the re-entry permit and fill it out while I'm waiting. Then, after they return my passport with the new visa extension, I trot over to the copy shop in the little restaurant behind the Immigration office, hand the copy lady my passport with the completed re-entry permit form inside and wait while she flips thru the pages and copies exactly what's needed. Then I sit down at the copy shop/restaurant, sign and date all the copies and return to the immigration office with the form and signed copies inside the passport and hand them to the employee at the queue ticket machine who looks at everything and punches the button for me to get a queue ticket. I never have to say a word to anyone and and don't spend time worrying if I have all the right stuff copied.

I do know that one of the copies you'll need for the re-entry permit is your newly minted visa extension. You can't do that in advance, obviously, if you plan to get your re-entry permit right after you obtain your visa extension.

Edited by NancyL

Are there differences in holidays which may not be reflected in every Thai calender? E.g. off -days only in Chiang Mai?

If moderators could pin a valid Thai calender to this important issue that would be perfect service by ThaiVISA.

Already have one - Public Holidays 2011. Plus the Thaivisa Calendar 2011. I'm beginning now to get all the data for the 2012 calendar. The problem I usually have is that some holidays, at least the final dates, are not always known until close to the event. Government vacillating and calculating the Buddhist dates (moon phases) and all. ;)

Thanks Tywais, it always helps to understand the WHYs. Somehow I was afraid of just that. Which means. given the ambiguity of

the final dates, are not always known until close to the event

I must re-check my reservation date, how frequently in order to find a new open slot if so needed?

An out of the blue closure Event can be stipulated 2 weeks/3days before D-Day/ day of when I need to do a timely extension ?

Edited by THAIPHUKET

Defo worth keeping an eye on holidays. I did the Friday before Chulalongkorn Day and had a horrible feeling on the way there that it'd be a holiday, too.

Ext. worked out about same time as last year - 2hrs. Called in at 2.30 ish (appt at 2pm), paperwork done by 3 but didn't get passport back until almost 4. If the bird on the desk (Sgt Major) could also stamp the passport, it'd be ticketyboo. Pretty busy and noisy.

On second thought, ThaiVisa shouldn't do the calender, simply because TV would be blamed for any misunderstandings.

But used it's connections with immigration to entice them to come up with a calender everone can rely on.

The Royal Thai Police Immigration Division web site has the holidays.

MSPain

which one of the many links please? http://goo.gl/luXPY

on this one is a non-moving calender, i.e Can't check forward dates http://www.immigrati...004/en/base.php

I want to know from Chiang Mai Immigration, no one else.

Therefore I emailed asking for confirmation that Febr 1 is good.

On the English page, go to CONTACT US. At the bottom is a link to OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS.

MSPain

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/content/holidayEN.php

has anybody gone to immigration these days? is the booking system still effective?

I was there to extend my marriage visa on Tues 25th Oct and all was well. I was told by the people on the first counter on the left(by the main entrance), just to approach the desk at the appointed time and they asked me just to confirm my name with the booking they had. I didn't realise they wanted a printout of the booking and just showed them the email on my phone; they asked me to bring a printout next time. There were just the odd one or two things that I'd forgotten to do but the lady wasn't upset and just ask me to copy a couple of things. On the whole very good, a big Thumbs Up for the online system.rolleyes.gif

has anybody gone to immigration these days? is the booking system still effective?

I was there to extend my marriage visa on Tues 25th Oct and all was well. I was told by the people on the first counter on the left(by the main entrance), just to approach the desk at the appointed time and they asked me just to confirm my name with the booking they had. I didn't realise they wanted a printout of the booking and just showed them the email on my phone; they asked me to bring a printout next time. There were just the odd one or two things that I'd forgotten to do but the lady wasn't upset and just ask me to copy a couple of things. On the whole very good, a big Thumbs Up for the online system.rolleyes.gif

thanks Wentworth, ill make sure to bring the printout when i go

Renewed visa using the on line queue yesterday, Thursday, 10 am, with my passport expiring before visa should. Agent told me that when I renew my passport come back and they will transfer the visa and extend it to the end of the 365 days. I knew that, but appreciated being told. She then said go ahead and do your 90 day early while you are here.

So while waiting for my passport/visa, I got in the 90 queue. My passport/visa came back just as my number came up for the 90 days. Ran out and got my copies and was done in a little over 1 hour, both processes.

ASIDE: She took my picture with computer webcam and I saw a technician stringing more computer cables. I would say they are updating their systems and processes and procedures as funds are available.

Was a bit surprised that anyone would think about using it for 90 day reporting as you don't have to queue for this anyway

Yes, you do have to get a queue number for a 90 day report.

Not if you go in around 3.45-4.30pm,nobody there normally.

I wish someone told me that before I went swaggering up to the counterat 10 AM with no number because someone on Thai Visa said that you did not need to queue for a 90 day report. :D

you do NOT need a number for 90 day report - i asked for number and was told 'go to desk - not need number'

you do NOT need a number for 90 day report - i asked for number and was told 'go to desk - not need number'

Not my experience. Just did it last week and was given a queue ticket for my 90 day. Why do they have a 90 day option on the queue machine if it is not needed? I can see it if there is hardly anyone there but there were two in front of me with queue numbers else you will be queue jumping.

Not my experience. Just did it last week and was given a queue ticket for my 90 day. Why do they have a 90 day option on the queue machine if it is not needed? I can see it if there is hardly anyone there but there were two in front of me with queue numbers else you will be queue jumping.

because the machine was set-up before the queuing system? 90 day reports just leave your form at the desk - nothing to do - stamp, stamp finished. TIT

because the machine was set-up before the queuing system? 90 day reports just leave your form at the desk - nothing to do - stamp, stamp finished. TIT

Mayne you did not need a number when you went. I have heard this from other people. Once I was told at the window to just go to the 90 day report window...... that window told me to go get a number. This was on my last report, so it hasn't been too long ago. There were too many people so I left. I went the next day very early. I had to get a number and I was number 5 I think.

MSPain

• 2 weeks later...

Just to reiterate that the online system is not yet smart enough to recognize days the office is closed-- of which there appear be many in December- and the only remedy is to join the queue. Having been forewarned here, I stopped in early a.m. and even a benevolent and sympathetic agent didn't get much past "glad there are still [barely] spaces left for the afternoon".

I've tried for the past few days to get on the queue but I keep getting a message that says "This Webpage not Available" I am attaching a screenshot of the webpage. Does anybody know why this is happening?

This is what I'm getting below: Appears they have rebuilt their site and the actual internal link for online queue is broken. Note the 'localhost' error. Perhaps an e-mail to them to see when it will be repaired.

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

IE9, Chrome and FF all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Previous topics:

http://www.thaivisa....cm-immigration/

http://www.thaivisa....check-in-farce/

Also, personal experiences on using the queue system are welcome.

Hi Tywais,Great information - thnxs.

You posted a while ago so hope you are still 'out there'.

Has anyone had a problem getting to the actual WEB page to get a queue number?

I get to the WEB site OK but when I click on the 'Queue On Line VISA Extension' button I get a message :-

"Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments."

I have POP UP blocker off - but have tried over a few days and always the same message.

I want to book well in advance - I am in Malaysia right now and will be up start Janaury - want to book for circa mid January.

Anyone else the same problem? - Immigation WEB site Ok - just the 'Queue On Line' page does not display.

Rgds FS.

Edited by factseeker