Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

I t seems as though--unless you have planned approx 2 months in advance--one needs to arrive at the Imm. Office site as early in the morning as possible, well before the Office actually opens--if that is possible---some people have constraints on their time in the early morning [ school runs, etc..] and this is pretty hard to achieve.

It appears that a major rethink is due--larger premises, even more staff etc..

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great !?

But if I click on the knob "Queue online visa extension" Firefox tells me no connection available, repeatedly click on "try again" simply not working should be great if it does...

Not only Firefox but "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" so IE as well

Edited by maxisrael

The queuing system worked extremely well again today. Thirty minutes to complete the full retirement extension process (amazing!), though the long queues meant that the following re-entry permit process then took a further 90 minutes (60 min wait to be called to submit documents, then 30 min wait to receive the passport back). Overall, 2 hours, rather than the almost 8 hours taken for the same thing last year.

I was also surprised to see that the office seemed to be processing applications right through the normal lunch hour (noon-1pm) , which I hadn't seen before and thought worth reporting. Anyone else seen that?

On the downside, a friend who arrived at 2pm to do the 90 day reporting received a queue card from the machine, putting him about 60 places in the queue behind the currently-on-display numbers for that process. Never seen a queue that long for the '90 days' before and people were saying they'd already been waiting for over two hours to be called.

CMMCB

Posted this before but worth repeating.

Been there 3 times around 4pm in the last month or so for various reasons. Each time people walking in no ticket required for 90 day report out again within 2 -3 minutes- also did it myself 2 weeks ago.

Same same last Wednesday in Pattaya-Jomtien.

I'm a supporter of the online queuing system, too. Of course you should know some months in advance when you like to have your appointment. And it helps a lot to know clicking on the Thai flag works also for farang people.

I have to go to the immigration office in CM last week. I had only a appointment for the renewal of the extension of stay. I also want to do the "90day" and to get a re-entry-permit.

At about 14:45 we informed the staff at the information desk about my appointment. For the 90day-report I was asked to get a number from the machine - about 20 numbers to wait. All other queuing lines were already closed.

Take a seat in the crowded room for about half a hour.

My name was called about 20min after time of appointment. The female officer only talk to my wife, but that was ok, less misunderstanding.

She rejected the copies I have made from my passport. I scanned the pages before and when printing it covered the full page. She only wanted "normal" size.

To my pleasant surprise she copied all relevant pages by herself with her desk-copier - big thumb up.thumbsup.gifwai.gif

The other problem was also solved by her. I didn't have a copy of the rental agreement - we didn't sign a contract formally.

She simply fill in the document with my name and address, I signed. Only one small minus: the form was in Thai so I was not sure what I signed. Bus this is Thailand, so Thai language is fine - and my wife nodded...jap.gif

This took about 20min. While we waited for the passport to be stamped the number for the 90day-report was called. But without passport no processing.

After about 30min waiting I got the passport and - next big surprise clap2.gif - the same officer was processing the 90day-report and also the application of the Re-entry-permit. I had prepared the tm8 at home but with the information of the old EoS - kind of stupid. All I have to do was signing again and - of course - to pay.

All the 3 procedures were ended within 90min from the scheduled time. The discussion may go on if all this paperwork is necessary but at least the service of the involved staff members was first class.

Someone may argue it was at the end of the office hours so they wanted to finish the work - but hey does it really matters?

On the side: the manners of some farang - American(?) guys - should improve. When they were doing the 90day-report they were standing all the time in front of the counter and were blocking the path, at least for 30minutes. Why not picking up a number like everybody else, filling in the form at the tables to the side while waiting and moving to the counter when the number is shown?

Today I tried to make an appointment for a friend and got an error message, like I wasn't filling in one of the data fields correctly. So, I tried another day/time and got the same message. Yes, I was checking my formats and everything should have been OK. I ended up trying five different times.

Then when I checked the calendar, it showed those times as "reserved", leading me to believe the system had actually accepted the appointment requests. But, without a queue confirmation number, there was no way to check. So we went out to immigration, where an officer confirmed that I'd made appointments for all five times. He cancelled four of them. He wasn't interested in seeing the error message. When I asked why it wasn't working, he said something about a new system and only place in Thailand with reservation system.

Yeah, but, I've made appointment in the past and gotten the confirmation just fine. This seems to be a newer error in the reservation system. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Edited by NancyL

• 2 weeks later...

OK! Need to do marriage extension in the morning! Online slots have been full since I have been able to confirm my money seasoning dates! What time do we need to be there to ensure being seen tomorrow? (Daughter has been vomiting all day today, so it could be intresting day at immigration tomorrow)

If you want to increase the liklihood that you'll actually get done by noon, then you should arrive at the Immigration office around 6 am and sign the clip board for the "pre-queue". If you arrive by 7 am, you'll probably still get a number for the afternoon. Much later and you may not be able to get a number for a marriage extension. (Note: you do not need to arrive this early for a 90 day report, Cert. of Residency, Re-entry permit, etc and it will just clog up the works for people striving for marriage or retirement extensions.)

Is there anyway to leave the sick little one at home? Perhaps just call for mom and child to come on their own when it's getting close to the time they call your number.

Note to self: Stay away from Immigration office tomorrow!

Edited by NancyL

How will I know what time my number is due? I've been there before and joined the queue, waited 4 hours only to be told I'm a day too early, so the next guy wouldn't have had time to call his wife and get her there in such a short space of time!

Trying to book on-line for my 90 day reporting in May. Seems like I can only do it by using the calendar, if I try to put in a date below a window opens that says I have to use calendar and then everything locks up since after hitting "ok" it keeps reappearing and I have to force quit my safari browser. But the problem is the calendar is only for the current month. How do I book for a date in another future month?

Trying to book on-line for my 90 day reporting in May. Seems like I can only do it by using the calendar, if I try to put in a date below a window opens that says I have to use calendar and then everything locks up since after hitting "ok" it keeps reappearing and I have to force quit my safari browser. But the problem is the calendar is only for the current month. How do I book for a date in another future month?

Please remember that the online booking system is for things like annual visa extensions like marriage and retirement, not 90 day reports.

• Like 1

As Wentworth pointed out do not abuse the online booking system for something that takes the staff a couple of minutes to do.

Read the related threads and simply find the optimum time to go for the 90 day report or send it by post.

As Wentworth pointed out do not abuse the online booking system for something that takes the staff a couple of minutes to do.

Read the related threads and simply find the optimum time to go for the 90 day report or send it by post.

Did my 90 day this past Weds. Showed up at 2:30 PM took a number, one person ahead of me, waited five minutes, handed in my completed paperwork, out the door in 10 minutes total. Best time for me is 2:30 to 3:30 PM middle of the week. In and out quick.....no appt necessary.

When I went in and did my 90 day report immigration told me I should book on-line next time and then the lady behind the counter helped me do it since I has my laptop with me. I was following the instructions I was told by an immigration official and trying to repeat for my next date. Now I'm being told here that I abused the booking system. Since all facts are out (not that they were needed for my post) perhaps someone could be helpful with an answer to my question. Thanks.

When I went in and did my 90 day report immigration told me I should book on-line next time and then the lady behind the counter helped me do it since I has my laptop with me. I was following the instructions I was told by an immigration official and trying to repeat for my next date. Now I'm being told here that I abused the booking system. Since all facts are out (not that they were needed for my post) perhaps someone could be helpful with an answer to my question. Thanks.

Read post 63

But as mentioned before,please do not use the online booking system for 90 day reports, it is for visa renewal, retirement,marriage etc that takes up to 1 hour to do.

90 day reports take a couple of minutes.

Please read the very first post in this topic. Suspect a misunderstanding regarding 90 day.

Please read the very first post in this topic. Suspect a misunderstanding regarding 90 day.

More than likely.

Wasn't it immigration themselves that said that the online booking system was for visa renewals etc. applications that would take a fair amount of time hence the 1 hour time difference between appointments?

I just removed a troll post suggesting that moderators know more than immigration on this. Either some are just dense, selfish or just argumentative. It doesn't take much thought of the implications of using the queue system for 90 day report - it takes 4 times as many queue slots up as annual extensions (4 90 day reports/year) and there are only 6 available per day. Now I have 5 pieces of information that says it is to be used ONLY for visa extensions. I had to reserve a spot 6 months in advance due to being filled up.

1. The main webpage queue link

2. The queue application form

3. The queue card

4. Statement by immigration in their comment section it is for annual extensions

5. Statement by immigration via e-mail it is for annual extensions.

post-566-0-41729100-1330931536_thumb.jpg

Front page

post-566-0-39646400-1330931544_thumb.jpg

Queue entry form

post-566-0-40930400-1330931554_thumb.jpg

Queue card

• Like 1

I went to CM Immigration tuesday last week, 6:05 in the morning, two sleeping asian girls at the door, no book, i scrounged a dodgy piece of paper and put a borrowed table in front of the door and started a list.

Someone came with keys at 7:15 ... there was a dozen souls outside but she didn't bring the appointment book out.

Both sides of my piece of paper (and the margins) were full of numbers and names

08:10 the door opened ... there was quite a crowd rushing for numbers inside.....

Despite being number one I wasn't called for over an hour.

Strangely after my paperwork was completed half the room was empty.

I'm thinking of doing the 90 day by mail next time but otherwise show up around 11am.

The office needs relocating to the hang dong site where they do the driving licenses.and put a number issuing machine outside.

It is far, far too small an office to deal with what it needs to do and that is obvious. They keep talking about 'Amazing Thailand' and come here and then make it as difficult as possible. To be fair there have been improvements but the system is at breaking point.

The first thing to do is SCRAP 90 day reporting which is a waste of time and SAVE 1000s man hours and queue time rather than relocate.

Its pretty obvious that the CM immigration office is greatly overcrowded thesedays,and, to my mind the 90 day reporters seem to be in ascendance. Years ago the 90 day buisness was conducted in the separate building on the left of the site.

I dont know what it is used for thesedays but it would be well worth the officers to consider returning the 90 dayers to that building. It would halve the overcrowding in the present office.

Otherwise I can only congratulate the staff,especialy when I read about the circus's that occur in other immigration offices as reported on ThaiVisa.

• Like 1

Thanks for that gennisis.

I read here recently that the hundreds of (largely Burmese) migrant workers who have had to report, after the amnesty for their stay was declared a year or so ago (whew...awfully long sentence I know), are now being directed to that left side building. So no, farang retirees and other long stay people probably do not want to go into that building at this point, unless directed to do so.

This is a work in progress.

CM Imm is swamped, and they are using some innovative solutions other immigration offices are not providing.

I believe someone mentioned the other day that CM Imm's queue ticket/e-gov system...is the first trial of this nationwide. No way of knowing if that is true, but if it is- big round of applause to them for this effort.

I just removed a troll post suggesting that moderators know more than immigration on this. Either some are just dense, selfish or just argumentative. It doesn't take much thought of the implications of using the queue system for 90 day report - it takes 4 times as many queue slots up as annual extensions (4 90 day reports/year) and there are only 6 available per day. Now I have 5 pieces of information that says it is to be used ONLY for visa extensions. I had to reserve a spot 6 months in advance due to being filled up. 1. The main webpage queue link 2. The queue application form 3. The queue card 4. Statement by immigration in their comment section it is for annual extensions 5. Statement by immigration via e-mail it is for annual extensions. post-566-0-41729100-1330931536_thumb.jpg Front page post-566-0-39646400-1330931544_thumb.jpg Queue entry form post-566-0-40930400-1330931554_thumb.jpg Queue card

It appears that this is not just a problem with slots being taken up by 90 day people.

It's also folks who didn't read info above regarding disabling pop-up blocker; entering the queue ticket system through the main page of CM Imm (the Thai language page, not the English version), etc.

People who've scooped up 5 slots mistakenly, because they haven't read the instructions here how to do it...I'm sorry, but that is so wrong.

Tywais offered a very comprehensive and clear tutorial on navigating the CM Imm site, and how to book an appt through the queue ticket system, at the beginning of this pinned topic.

Not everyone is a computer wizard, I know. Clicking 5 times on a reservation button, and reserving up pretty much a full day's worth of appointments.......It's no wonder all slots are booked for the next 6 months+. And possibly 80% of them are spurious and mistaken bookings.

If you don't know what you are doing, and have limited comprehension of computer related skills, and can't be buggered to read the instructions Tywais posted on how to do this- please just go down to Imm like you always did, and don't mess it up for others.

And no, I don't speak for Thai Immigration, but I am 100% certain that they would agree entirely with what I am stating here.....jap.gif

I just removed a troll post suggesting that moderators know more than immigration on this. Either some are just dense, selfish or just argumentative. It doesn't take much thought of the implications of using the queue system for 90 day report - it takes 4 times as many queue slots up as annual extensions (4 90 day reports/year) and there are only 6 available per day. Now I have 5 pieces of information that says it is to be used ONLY for visa extensions. I had to reserve a spot 6 months in advance due to being filled up. 1. The main webpage queue link 2. The queue application form 3. The queue card 4. Statement by immigration in their comment section it is for annual extensions 5. Statement by immigration via e-mail it is for annual extensions. post-566-0-41729100-1330931536_thumb.jpg Front page post-566-0-39646400-1330931544_thumb.jpg Queue entry form post-566-0-40930400-1330931554_thumb.jpg Queue card

It appears that this is not just a problem with slots being taken up by 90 day people.

It's also folks who didn't read info above regarding disabling pop-up blocker; entering the queue ticket system through the main page of CM Imm (the Thai language page, not the English version), etc.

People who've scooped up 5 slots mistakenly, because they haven't read the instructions here how to do it...I'm sorry, but that is so wrong.

Tywais offered a very comprehensive and clear tutorial on navigating the CM Imm site, and how to book an appt through the queue ticket system, at the beginning of this pinned topic.

Not everyone is a computer wizard, I know. Clicking 5 times on a reservation button, and reserving up pretty much a full day's worth of appointments.......It's no wonder all slots are booked for the next 6 months+. And possibly 80% of them are spurious and mistaken bookings.

If you don't know what you are doing, and have limited comprehension of computer related skills, and can't be buggered to read the instructions Tywais posted on how to do this- please just go down to Imm like you always did, and don't mess it up for others.

And no, I don't speak for Thai Immigration, but I am 100% certain that they would agree entirely with what I am stating here.....jap.gif

And that could compromise the system for all of us!

The online queuing system is for many people a significant improvement over what existed before, but it seems to be totally inadequate to service everyone who needs to extend a retirement visa, never mind other time-consuming services requiring appointments. Only six slots per day are offered, which means less than 1560 slots per year if holidays are subtracted. I'm sure Chiang Mai has far more retirees than that. However, I was told by a fellow farang that he thought three appointments are scheduled for each time slot. Does anyone know whether that's the case? While the appointment system is an improvement for those able to get appointments, those who can't must start queuing very early in the morning in hopes of being seen between the scheduled appointments. I'm not sure the new system represents an improvement for them.

My visa stamps on the 26th and I got an afternoon time via the online queue for the same day . 1 year renewal.

If I dont get the visa done on that day, I have wasted the visa and over 20k baht.

What are the odds for something going for?

I don't understand the 20k baht issue, but you should be OK. I know in the past if there was a need for review and the exit date was very near, Immigration granted a 2 week extension while they reviewed it, and the review only took a few days. I really think if you have all your paperwork (if in doubt, bring it!), odds are good you will be OK.

Remember, if something goes wrong, do not display anger. Immigration has some latitude in what they do and whom they help.

Edited by mesquite

system worked well for me after I waded through the Burmese - the pain in the arse was getting the Multi-Entry Visa which they can't seem to do at the same time so started to queue again but eventually just went to counter where they processed it - 3 hours

I had a queue number but it didn't count for the re-entry permit only the retirement extension