Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this system running now. I have loaded the immigration main page and not found the Queue On Line Visa Extension button/place to click with Safari or Chrome.

Just tried it with Chrome and is working fine. Here is the direct link.

http://www.chiangmai...eue-online.html

Thank you very much sir. Got it with Safari on that link.

Make sure you have any popup stoppers disabled as you will have a problem getting the queue card when done. Not familiar with the Safari options. Might post your success using Safari when done for others.

Is this system running now. I have loaded the immigration main page and not found the Queue On Line Visa Extension button/place to click with Safari or Chrome.

Thank you very much sir. Got it with Safari on that link.

Make sure you have any popup stoppers disabled as you will have a problem getting the queue card when done. Not familiar with the Safari options. Might post your success using Safari when done for others.

All done, no problems. I did block popups, easy with Safari, and got the queue card up directly and printed.

The link you posted did go directly to the Queue Online page. Thanks!

However, it is not consistent. Tried to book and suddenly the days were erased. Reloaded and I got the message Server rejected your connection.

This is the first time I use this service so, it stands to reason I have not abused it.

I called the office and to my surprise a real live human being answered my call. I was told that the number of appointments is small and maybe there are not appointments available. Today is April 2.

At any rate, I was able to find out that my 90 day retirement notice that falls on April 14 (a Saturday and a National Holiday: Songkran) the office will be closed for 3 days. What to do then? I was told by the officer who attended to my notification during my last 90 day reporting in person that I had to go back in person to Immigration, that I could not do it by mail. I tried in February to make an appointment for April but the calendar only shows the current month. Now it seems all slots are taken.

I know that consistency in policy can vary from region and/or office but, but I which is the real answer? For a retiree is it possible to do it by mail or it has to be done in person?

If anyone can offer an enlightened guidance I will be greatly appreciative and also others that might or will be in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance!

The link you posted did go directly to the Queue Online page. Thanks!

However, it is not consistent. Tried to book and suddenly the days were erased. Reloaded and I got the message Server rejected your connection.

This is the first time I use this service so, it stands to reason I have not abused it.

I called the office and to my surprise a real live human being answered my call. I was told that the number of appointments is small and maybe there are not appointments available. Today is April 2.

At any rate, I was able to find out that my 90 day retirement notice that falls on April 14 (a Saturday and a National Holiday: Songkran) the office will be closed for 3 days. What to do then? I was told by the officer who attended to my notification during my last 90 day reporting in person that I had to go back in person to Immigration, that I could not do it by mail. I tried in February to make an appointment for April but the calendar only shows the current month. Now it seems all slots are taken.

I know that consistency in policy can vary from region and/or office but, but I which is the real answer? For a retiree is it possible to do it by mail or it has to be done in person?

If anyone can offer an enlightened guidance I will be greatly appreciative and also others that might or will be in a similar situation.

Thanks in advance!

Chances are all the slots were taken if you were trying to book for April, I was lucky to find suitable slots in Sept.

What do you mean by my 90 day retirement notice falling on 14th April?

Does your retirement visa expire on 14th April, if so you need to go this week early morning and get in the q .Normally you can apply for retirement visa 1 month before expiry but not after due date.

90 day reporting is 2 weeks before or 1 week after due date so very flexible.

Also with the calendar,click top right to move forward 1 month etc.

Member Thailand:

A slip with the header Receipt of Notification was attached to my passport and the date April 14, 2012 stamped on it as the date on which I was told at the Chiang Mai Office I have to report in person. The problem with that date is that it is a Saturday and also Songkhran, days during which the Immigration Office is closed.

I have been granted an extension of stay per my retirment status. My reporting is not related to any other type of visa.

That is what I mean when I mentioned the 90 day notification.

Regarding the calendar, using Chrome and/or Firefox, did not show the forward arrow to advance the month. I have pop-upd disabled for that purpose.

I trust this will clarify and answer your question. Although my question whehter as a retiree I HAVE to notify my next 90 extension of stay still remains: in person or by mail? I have a notion that by mail applies to anyone with a visa who intends to stay for more than 90 days in the Kingdom.

I will appreciate the right answer from an enlightened member in these matters.

Edited by pisico

Again, if you are referring to the 90 day reporting then you have 2 weeks before or 1 week after the due date if that is the 14th April.I guess that is what you are referring to as they don't give you a slip for renewal of retirement visa.

http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/queue-online.html Just come from there. There is no arrow, point your cursor to the right top of the calendar and you will see a yellow logo,click on that to change the month.

Use the online booking only for visa's only not 90 day reporting booking.90 day reporting can be done in person or by post,lots of info on the forum,just use "search".

Use the online booking only for visa's only not 90 day reporting booking.

As Thailand says, please do not use it for 90 day reports. Please read the original post in this topic that explains it. Also correct, 2 weeks before and 7 days after.

• Like 1

As Thailand says, please do not use it for 90 day reports. Please read the original post in this topic that explains it. Also correct, 2 weeks before and 7 days after.

it would be really helpful if they put some tick boxes and excluded 90 day reporting - otherwise it will continue

it would be really helpful if they put some tick boxes and excluded 90 day reporting - otherwise it will continue

Gee, I wonder why they don't do that. *chuckle*

• 5 weeks later...

I've tried booking my 12 month visa extension, but the window does not open through cm imm website. Through the link on OP on this thread it will only show the month of october 2011.

Has the system overloaded?

Is it still booked up six months in advance as mentioed earlier on the thread?

Can i just go along as normal and simply be prepared to wait a long time? How many queue numbers are given for the mornings, and how many for the afternoons? I can't remember this.

I've tried booking my 12 month visa extension, but the window does not open through cm imm website. Through the link on OP on this thread it will only show the month of october 2011.

Can i just go along as normal and simply be prepared to wait a long time? How many queue numbers are given for the mornings, and how many for the afternoons? I can't remember this.

Femi,

Click in the top right corner of the month and see if the month advances. I have noticed that the arrows do not show, but they are there.

MSPain

There are now 11 slots a day from 9am through to 15.30pm, 5 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon.

I think this is new from May?

BTW, there is a slot available on Thursday May 10th 15.30 if you are quick!

Actually just checked,quite a few slots in the coming weeks on the half hour.

I wonder if they have added staff or are working more efficiently?

Edited by Thailand

There are now 11 slots a day from 9am through to 15.30pm, 5 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon.

I think this is new from May?

BTW, there is a slot available on Thursday May 10th 15.30 if you are quick!

Actually just checked,quite a few slots in the coming weeks on the half hour.

I wonder if they have added staff or are working more efficiently?

For the mods and Priceless, I posted on the main thread (Now closed) because I though it was quite important and is very current and many are likely to miss it here on the pinned thread.

I just booked for the 23rd May no problems. Plenty of vacancies on earlier dates as well.

How far ahead can I book an extension appointment? My extension is due in December- should I make an appointment now, given how quickly the slots get filled.

I could do it anyway, but as it's so far away, bit worried that might have to change dates, and don't know if that's possible.

Thanks for help.

How far ahead can I book an extension appointment? My extension is due in December- should I make an appointment now, given how quickly the slots get filled.

I could do it anyway, but as it's so far away, bit worried that might have to change dates, and don't know if that's possible.

Thanks for help.

Yes and yes.

Thanks for help.

Yes and yes.

Thanks for that.

Just made an appointment, early December, and most of the slots gone already.

Saw how to cancel appointment.

Oops, just checked for public holidays in December, and I'd booked on the King's Birthday, so used the cancel facility already, and rebooked.

Am I correct in that I can extend one month before due date?

If anyone else that is booked on the 5th hasn't realised, they need to rebook, if in fact the office will be closed that day.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Have not read al the posts ( far too long). but just to confirm the system actually works extremely well. Got there about 10.45 for an 11.00 appointment. Very depressed to see probably 50-70 burmese and the same number of 'farangs' ( Yesterday was a public holiday). It was very crowded. 11.00, handed my papers in for extension of retirement visa. 40 minutes later, called, no interview, nothing just done. (I had all my previous visa extensions photocopied, the statement of income from the UK consulate ( 2250 Baht!!), copy of my yellow 'Tabien Baan' TM7 with photo,and all the pages already signed, (seems very important)).

All I can say is that the UK could learn from CM immigration!

So Thanks CM Immigration, all done efficiently and most of all with smiles.

Good News! My appointment was 15:30 today, arrived 15:15, called 15:20, interview etc complete 15:30, waited 15 mins. Out the door @ 15:45.

Bad News! When I remarked to the officer how well the online system was appreciated he told me that there will to be a meeting this evening with a request by the staff to cancel the system because of the backlog of work it was creating due to those unable to book, not being processed in a timely manner caused by the priority the online booker were receiving. His final comment was "the booking system should be for everyone or no one!"

Cheers,

JL

not being processed in a timely manner caused by the priority the online booker were receiving.

Well, giving 1 full hour per slot, finishing in 10-15 minutes then taking the next 45 minutes as idle time I'm not surprised things are 'backed up'.

Is this service still working, I keep getting:

This webpage is not available

Google Chrome's connection attempt to localhost was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Is this service still working, I keep getting:

This webpage is not available

Google Chrome's connection attempt to localhost was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

The English-language version of the webpage isn't available. The Thai language version is. Click on the Thai flag and try again. Interestingly, everything is in English once you click on the Thai flag to see the appointment calendar.

There are still appointments remaining for May. It seems they've added time slots on the half hour, effectively doubling how many appointments they can handle each day via reservations.

I don't understand the comment that they want to scrap the system because "not everyone can use it". I've helped friends use it. There are internet shops everywhere. I don't see how it can be considered a "closed system". The recent addition of more time slots would indicate the immigration office realizes it's a good idea.

Aside from the issues with the English-language page not being available, there are other problems. Like the hidden arrows next to the name of the month on the calendar -- arrows needed to advance to other months. Also, it's up to the person booking to know which days are holidays. You can buy a Thai dairy/calendar at bookstores in December and most banks give away calendars in December, too.

You can book W-A-Y in advance. I see appointment slots filled in 2013. You can go to do your 12-month visa extensions 30 days in advance of the expiration date of your permission to stay and you don't "lose" time, i.e. the new extension is granted for 12 months after the date of the current one.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1