BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Tywais

Immigration On-Line Queue System

After my booking I have now recived an email from Immigration confirming the booking.

I went last week and arrived before 7 a.m. I was number 18 in the sign in book. I ended up number 5 for the 90 day report.

As for when they open, you can guess from what I said... I was there about 6:50 a.m. and I was 18th in the outside sign in book.

MSPain

I was there yesterday .Arrived at 5.50 am and was number 13 on an unofficial list .The first person signed on at 4.40 am .Somebody came at 6 am and put the official sighn book on the door .Even going that early i was not seen till the afternoon for an extension of my retirement visa .

I went last week and arrived before 7 a.m. I was number 18 in the sign in book. I ended up number 5 for the 90 day report.

As for when they open, you can guess from what I said... I was there about 6:50 a.m. and I was 18th in the outside sign in book.

MSPain

I was there yesterday .Arrived at 5.50 am and was number 13 on an unofficial list .The first person signed on at 4.40 am .Somebody came at 6 am and put the official sighn book on the door .Even going that early i was not seen till the afternoon for an extension of my retirement visa .

Then surely thats a reason to use the internet booking approach for your next extension

MSPain

Then surely thats a reason to use the internet booking approach for your next extension

I would think it's THE reason to use the online booking system for visa renewal!

>>I would think it's THE reason to use the online booking system for visa renewal!<<

I tryied that and it was booked out for the whole month of January .The online system may be good if you book far enough ahead .I only found out about online booking last week .

>>I would think it's THE reason to use the online booking system for visa renewal!<<

I tryied that and it was booked out for the whole month of January .The online system may be good if you book far enough ahead .I only found out about online booking last week .

Book now for same time next year and avoid the hassle! jap.gif

I tried to book a date today for March but the calander on the site only showed Jan., I could not see how to forward the calander to Mar., tried to type my date in the bar but was instructed to choose date from calander. What to do?

I tried to book a date today for March but the calander on the site only showed Jan., I could not see how to forward the calander to Mar., tried to type my date in the bar but was instructed to choose date from calander. What to do?

It's hidden to the right of the Month bar. Just put your mouse over to the right and it will become visible.

post-566-0-30935500-1327214853_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've just successfully used it to book an appointment.

Try http://chiangmaiimm....quer_online.php

Thank you. I was completely stumped when I got no 'pop-up' nor could find the Comment section at the foot of the page (the alternative suggested by Tywais) and then clicking on the webpage you give saved the day!

I booked an appointment on-line to renew my one year retirement visa. I had all the documents in order along with the American Consulate letter confirming my monthly income. I signed in at the front desk and was called about 20 minutes after my appointed time slot. I was never asked to show any additional proof of income although I did have that in case they would ask. It took an hour an a half to finish the process. The on-line appointment system is a big improvement over showing up early in the morning and spending the day at immigration. Hopefully, there are plans in the future to expand immigration and add more staff to process these one year visas.

I went to CM Immigration for an appointment at 10 am Tuesday. I showed the confirmation print-out to the queue ticket guy and he said they'd call my name. Promptly at 10 am, I showed confirmation print-out to the gal who normally hands out passports once the extensions are approved. She stands in the center counter, behind a sign that says "information". She said to have a seat, they'd call my name.

No one called my name, so at 10:25 am I showed the print-out to the same gal, pointing to the time listed for my appointment. I was pleasant and smiling. She looked at the clock, then at the printout and looked shocked. She said "moment please. I ask my boss" and went running off to the guy in the desk on the far right, up against the wall. He came and looked at a list (apparently of the day's appointments) and at my printout, shaking his head.

He saw me within three minutes and processed the retirement visa extension without a word said. No small talk; no questions about my bank balance. Never did find out if my reservation "fell thru the cracks". I wish I had checked on the delay earlier, but I didn't want to appear pushy.

I went to CM Immigration for an appointment at 10 am Tuesday. I showed the confirmation print-out to the queue ticket guy and he said they'd call my name. Promptly at 10 am, I showed confirmation print-out to the gal who normally hands out passports once the extensions are approved. She stands in the center counter, behind a sign that says "information". She said to have a seat, they'd call my name.

No one called my name, so at 10:25 am I showed the print-out to the same gal, pointing to the time listed for my appointment. I was pleasant and smiling. She looked at the clock, then at the printout and looked shocked. She said "moment please. I ask my boss" and went running off to the guy in the desk on the far right, up against the wall. He came and looked at a list (apparently of the day's appointments) and at my printout, shaking his head.

He saw me within three minutes and processed the retirement visa extension without a word said. No small talk; no questions about my bank balance. Never did find out if my reservation "fell thru the cracks". I wish I had checked on the delay earlier, but I didn't want to appear pushy.

excellent!

I went to CM Immigration tuesday last week, 6:05 in the morning, two sleeping asian girls at the door, no book, i scrounged a dodgy piece of paper and put a borrowed table in front of the door and started a list.

Someone came with keys at 7:15 ... there was a dozen souls outside but she didn't bring the appointment book out.

Both sides of my piece of paper (and the margins) were full of numbers and names

08:10 the door opened ... there was quite a crowd rushing for numbers inside.....

Despite being number one I wasn't called for over an hour.

Strangely after my paperwork was completed half the room was empty.

I'm thinking of doing the 90 day by mail next time but otherwise show up around 11am.

The office needs relocating to the hang dong site where they do the driving licenses.and put a number issuing machine outside.

I went to CM Immigration tuesday last week, 6:05 in the morning, two sleeping asian girls at the door, no book, i scrounged a dodgy piece of paper and put a borrowed table in front of the door and started a list.

Someone came with keys at 7:15 ... there was a dozen souls outside but she didn't bring the appointment book out.

Both sides of my piece of paper (and the margins) were full of numbers and names

08:10 the door opened ... there was quite a crowd rushing for numbers inside.....

Despite being number one I wasn't called for over an hour.

Strangely after my paperwork was completed half the room was empty.

I'm thinking of doing the 90 day by mail next time but otherwise show up around 11am.

The office needs relocating to the hang dong site where they do the driving licenses.and put a number issuing machine outside.

It is far, far too small an office to deal with what it needs to do and that is obvious. They keep talking about 'Amazing Thailand' and come here and then make it as difficult as possible. To be fair there have been improvements but the system is at breaking point.

The first thing to do is SCRAP 90 day reporting which is a waste of time and SAVE 1000s man hours and queue time rather than relocate.

• Like 1

I've got nothing but praise for the system.....9am appointment this morning for a 1 year visa extension, called up at 9:05, handed in the required documents, walked out again at 09:45 with passport. By far the quickest turnaround I've had at immigration for many years.