Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

OK, heres whats happened, then a question?

They have introduced slots daily on the hour and the half hour, thus doubling the amount of online booking availability.

HOWEVER the site now only allows you to book a slot 100 days before your visa is due. Hence the question. Many of us including me already have a booking in place for next years visa, in my case early april. Does anyone know if those appointments will be honoured or are we back to ground zero and have to make a new booking within 100 days of visa date?

Anyone have an answer to this? If they will honour existing booked dates such as in my case, I dont want to mess up the system by having, in effect, two bookings if the original one is still valid?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow -- they've made some changes.

It's impossible to book more than 100 days in the future, now. I tried to check on Hubby's appointment for October and mine for January, to see if the appointments showed as being booked and received a message about the date being more than 100 days in the future. Good question, PostmanPat. I'll ask them next time I do a 90 day report in person.

Also, they've blocked Thai holidays! Yeah! For example, Aug 2 and 3 are Thai holidays and now you can't book for those dates. Great improvement.

Wow -- they've made some changes.

It's impossible to book more than 100 days in the future, now. I tried to check on Hubby's appointment for October and mine for January, to see if the appointments showed as being booked and received a message about the date being more than 100 days in the future. Good question, PostmanPat. I'll ask them next time I do a 90 day report in person.

Also, they've blocked Thai holidays! Yeah! For example, Aug 2 and 3 are Thai holidays and now you can't book for those dates. Great improvement.

Yes you can't take anything for granted just tried to book an appointment for December before reading these recent posts. Maybe people were booking up months ahead and not turning up.The way the "falang" population is exploding here there will come time when no appointments are available unless you are very quick on the application.

After reading about the changes, I decided to check my booking for 13 June (I made the booking on 24 Jan). My time was showing as reserved, so I clicked the "print" option and it asked me for my Queue Code. Entered my Queue Code and it was declined. So, since there were other slots available that date, I made another booking. The "times window" then displayed my new booking AND my old booking in my name, so, I cancelled my new booking using my new Queue Code. The "times window" then showed only my old booking.

So the upshot was...I couldn't access my old booking using my original Queue Code, but when I made a new booking, my old booking showed up. But still my old Queue Code would not access my old booking.

Needless to say, I printed off screen shots of all of this for future reference when I visit CM Immigration next month.

Well, this is somewhat concerning.

If CM Imm has changed the booking system website, I certainly hope that all the people who made previous appointment bookings still have a valid reservation.

Not to cause undue worry, but something like the above happened to me last year.

When the news about the online queue system on CM Imm's website first broke early last year, I jumped on immediately and booked a reservation for Sept.

When I showed up with my printed out queue ticket...they had no record of me. Some other guy had my 10 AM time slot.

I think they did a website change/upgrade shortly after I booked, and it wiped out all the previously booked reservations.

I was taken care of after a small wait of 30 minutes or so, but TBH it rattled my cage a bit, wondering if I was going to be seen at all that day...

Reading the above post by rawhod, it seems that the old bookings are still on the system, even though they can't be accessed with the old queue code.

Time will tell....wink.png

Went in for 1 year retirement extension yesterday Booked for 0930, checked in at 0915, sent directly to desk 5,. Lady stamped the extension into pasport, paid for same, its now 0935, told to take seat for change and passport to be given back. Waited until 1045 to get change and passport returned.

I noticed that they had served 16 retirement, etc applications when I left at 1045 plus those of us who had appointments. There are 2 desks handling this. Now if they can speed up the back office wher change/receipt is made and what ever else is done there, they ill have a real assembly line operation.

Went in for 1 year retirement extension yesterday Booked for 0930, checked in at 0915, sent directly to desk 5,. Lady stamped the extension into pasport, paid for same, its now 0935, told to take seat for change and passport to be given back. Waited until 1045 to get change and passport returned.

I noticed that they had served 16 retirement, etc applications when I left at 1045 plus those of us who had appointments. There are 2 desks handling this. Now if they can speed up the back office wher change/receipt is made and what ever else is done there, they ill have a real assembly line operation.

I think it also where it is/was signed off by a senior officer and that has always been a log jam as he/she only deals with them at a very slow rate,or certainly used to when you had to wait in the back office in front of the officer.Quite frustrating when you could see your passport on the desk in front of the officer and you still sat there for 45 minutes of more waiting for it to be signed off.

We were next in line at desk #5 yesterday, 1030 time slot. Great booking system and expedient service - no complaints! Thai efficiency at its best ... too bad about all the trees we cut down in the process.

I'm having problems connecting to the on line queing system. Every time I try to click the on line queing button (red button) I get the Immigration page but the booking section in the centre of the page does not appear I get 'unable to connect' message. I have clicked the block pop up window on Tools/options/content. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Thanks

John

please do keep us updated - I tried to book for March next year and '100 days' showed - if it's because of people not turning up then it's not going to help

personally I think they should fine those idiots who reserve places then dont show as it will ruin it for all of us

• Like 1

binjalin:

Maybe if the booking form asked for the passport number and telephone number that would make folks think a bit before abusing the system?

why not? smile.png

+2

Yes why not .I always get a phone call from my Dentist and Hospital a day prior

to my long term appointments.I never forget but they obviously feel its worthwhile.

I'm wanting to go do my 90-day check in tomorrow, but I don't have an online ticket. What time would you guys suggest I go? The last few times I've been it's taken longer and longer

I always go in between 2:30 and 3:00 PM and normally takes no more than 10-15 minutes. Since this is the middle of the week and no holidays around it that should be the case for you tomorrow. Of course, there are always exceptions but this has been my experience for a long time now.

I'm wanting to go do my 90-day check in tomorrow, but I don't have an online ticket. What time would you guys suggest I go? The last few times I've been it's taken longer and longer

I always go in between 2:30 and 3:00 PM and normally takes no more than 10-15 minutes. Since this is the middle of the week and no holidays around it that should be the case for you tomorrow. Of course, there are always exceptions but this has been my experience for a long time now.

Booked about 2 months ago for a 10.30 appointment today 23/5 got there at around 10.15 checked in and was on the list. I heard them call at this time, the "online 10 a.m." thought not to bad a little late but shouldn't have to wait to long as there are two desks dealing with the extentions for family/spouse visas. 11 a.m hadn't been called so I approached the desk as they were calling the Que ticket holders ahead of us. We were told the woman made an error and neglected to call the online booking. This went on and on and we finally got served at 3.40 p.m. This was the 1st time we had used the system and I think it is easier and quicker to just turn up on the day and take a number it will save you sitting around for 5 or 6 hours waiting for your booking.

SoftGeorge.

Was that for a visa extension or 90 day check in. If for the visa extension then that is very bad news.

" We were told the woman made an error and neglected to call the online booking."

a pretty lame excuse!! blink.png

Booked about 2 months ago for a 10.30 appointment today 23/5 got there at around 10.15 checked in and was on the list. I heard them call at this time, the "online 10 a.m." thought not to bad a little late but shouldn't have to wait to long as there are two desks dealing with the extentions for family/spouse visas. 11 a.m hadn't been called so I approached the desk as they were calling the Que ticket holders ahead of us. We were told the woman made an error and neglected to call the online booking. This went on and on and we finally got served at 3.40 p.m. This was the 1st time we had used the system and I think it is easier and quicker to just turn up on the day and take a number it will save you sitting around for 5 or 6 hours waiting for your booking.

ha55ha Please don't use the online booking for 90 day reports it is really quick if you go at the better times which have been posted on numerous occasions, 5-10 minutes is the norm for me.

It looks like a genuine cock up with your booking, did you query it with a senior officer as normally they will try to rectify such problems much quicker?

In future I would suggest you go to the info desk to confirm your arrival and the check that you are in fact on the list for the allotted time.

ha55ha Please don't use the online booking for 90 day reports it is really quick if you go at the better times which have been posted on numerous occasions, 5-10 minutes is the norm for me.

It looks like a genuine cock up with your booking, did you query it with a senior officer as normally they will try to rectify such problems much quicker?

In future I would suggest you go to the info desk to confirm your arrival and the check that you are in fact on the list for the allotted time.

It was for a 1yr extention, and I did conform my arrival and checked that I was on the list. (refer 1st line of my post) My wife approached staff on a number of occassion during our wait and was not impressed thai style. I had to tell her to relax because if we upset the officials they may deny the visa. Only got a 30 day extention at this time anyway as the 1 yr extention can't be authorised at Chiangmai have to go back on 23/06 to see if we got it.

• Like 1

"as the 1 yr extention can't be authorised at Chiangmai "

Is this a new "problem" or is it normal, and you have to wait 1 month to find out?

I am not sure as it is the 1st time I have applied for this extention based on family. They checked all the documentation, I paid the fee and was informed to come back in 30 days as the application has to go to BKK for authorisation they gave me 30 days in the meantime.

Simply outstanding.

Booked up about three or four weeks ago. Got there half hour before my slot, was called 15 minutes early, saw the woman who was very friendly (as usual), she checked all my documents (1 yr extension for work), and i then sat back in the main area. Presently collected my passport with extension in it. In and out in 65 minutes. Just two stages this time, see her, wait, collect passport.

Just impossible to get service like this in UK red tape situations.

They do really well at c mai immigration considering how many people they have to see day in day out.

I am 70 and currently have a Non O 12 month visa from the UK which I intend to extend on the basis of "pension income" (letter from British Consulate) later this month. Currently I have to do 90 day visa runs to Myanmar, my question is, with the visa extension will I do 90 reporting instead of visa runs.

Thanks for any information on this.

Dave