Immigration On-Line Queue System

Tywais

I am 70 and currently have a Non O 12 month visa from the UK which I intend to extend on the basis of "pension income" (letter from British Consulate) later this month. Currently I have to do 90 day visa runs to Myanmar, my question is, with the visa extension will I do 90 reporting instead of visa runs.

Thanks for any information on this.

Dave

If you have a one year extension of permission to stay then you do not have to leave the country as long as you continue getting that extension each year. Will only require the address reporting every 90 days at immigration either in person or via mail. I'm on 1 year extensions based on work and haven't left the country in 19 years. If you need to leave the country while on an annual extension, be sure to get a Re-entry permit to keep the extension alive.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am 70 and currently have a Non O 12 month visa from the UK which I intend to extend on the basis of "pension income" (letter from British Consulate) later this month. Currently I have to do 90 day visa runs to Myanmar, my question is, with the visa extension will I do 90 reporting instead of visa runs.

Thanks for any information on this.

Dave

If you have a one year extension of permission to stay then you do not have to leave the country as long as you continue getting that extension each year. Will only require the address reporting every 90 days at immigration either in person or via mail. I'm on 1 year extensions based on work and haven't left the country in 19 years. If you need to leave the country while on an annual extension, be sure to get a Re-entry permit to keep the extension alive.

Nineteen years! My goodness! Such a stay-at home! Travel abroad can be illuminating! biggrin.png

Otherwise, you are very kind.

It seems that a lot of questions that are cropping up on this thread are general immigration questions not relevant to Chiang Mai that might be answered on the excellent well-moderated threads on the topic elsewhere on TV.

Given that immigration officers have discretion regardless of their location, and that from time to time the ins and outs of the Chiang Mai office may vary, I often am given to think that many farang simply don't do their research very well, need some sort of babysitter, or are irritated by what they perceive as a lack of "efficiency" at the immigration office. And given the consummate lack of good manners (as would be measured in any culture) among so many farang who visit that office, it is a wonder to me that more farang don't simply get the boot. And I am not writing of the cheating done by farang to circumvent Thai immigration law. That is another issue entirely.

If people need a hand, they can pay for it. There is a well-advertised business in Chiang Mai located in Chiang Mai Land that does an efficient job for a price. Prices are not extortionate, but such assistance is, in my view, totally unnecessary for all routine matters if anyone has done any basic research into the matter.

Seeking help here is looking in the wrong place, in my view, on a number of matters that seem to crop up, and I find it difficult to see how a "newbie" can struggle through the varying personal experiences of so many that are on record here. Certainly newcomers to a place understandably appreciate friends and assistance, but people should do more than consult with an open forum --- and that is not a criticism of the excellent advice and helpful people on this community thread who do respond kindly to many calls for assistance.

I believe that information specific to the Chiang Mai office may be useful on things like the functioning of the on-line web site for appointments. It is even handy to know the best place to park, if you are driving there! But even that can get hilarious as in reading the varying experiences of people who advise on the best time to visit the office!! Some people don't even have the common sense to look up the information readily available on the internet on national holidays (or what even might turn into long holidays) when government offices (in any country!) would be closed! Has anyone ever really explained bank holidays in Britain?! rolleyes.gif

I think it sucks...nothing in english other than a cambodia issue, online queue does not connect.

I guess it sucks if you have not read the various posts on how to use it.

Go to http://chiangmaiimm....dex.php/en.html

Click on the Queue Online VISA Extension box (in red) half way down right hand side.

Click on the Thai version

Make your booking.

3 November, 2011, made appointment online for 9:00 a.m. 6 June, 2012.

6 June, 2012, I arrived early at Immigration office... a little after 8:00 a.m.

9:00 a.m. (exactly by my watch) my name was called to go to the desk. Not one question about anything pertaining to the extension. I had all the paperwork done and presented a House Registration book. Very nice officer and only light conversation during the "interview". 9:07 a.m. the "interview" was over. 9:47 a.m. called to pickup my passport with the extension of stay noted until next year.

I also noticed when I arrived that the Immigration officers were working at the number queue already, and seemed to have been there some time. When I checked with the first counter about my appointment I was told to just wait for my name to be called. The man also told me in conversation that he had been "open" for over an hour already. In my experience Chiang Mai Immigration is coping with what they have and what they have to work with pretty well.

MSPain

Another update developed yesterday 06 June..........

I made an appointment in January 2012 for the 2nd week in September, retirement visa one year renewal.

Lately IMMIGRATION put a 100 day maximum on making an appointment so my thought was; Is my appointment made in January for September still valid ?

I went to the site and the code (provided in January) was not accepted therefore I assumed I no longer had an appointment however my time slot said reserved.

Soooo......I went to an available time on the same date to make a new appointment and immediately upon completion of the new appointment my name became visible on my original time. I now knew my original time was still valid even though the code did not work.

I immediately canceled the new appointment using the new code provided.

A 'work in progress' and the key word is progress.

Jolly Roger

Another update developed yesterday 06 June..........

I made an appointment in January 2012 for the 2nd week in September, retirement visa one year renewal.

Lately IMMIGRATION put a 100 day maximum on making an appointment so my thought was; Is my appointment made in January for September still valid ?

I went to the site and the code (provided in January) was not accepted therefore I assumed I no longer had an appointment however my time slot said reserved.

Soooo......I went to an available time on the same date to make a new appointment and immediately upon completion of the new appointment my name became visible on my original time. I now knew my original time was still valid even though the code did not work.

I immediately canceled the new appointment using the new code provided.

A 'work in progress' and the key word is progress.

Jolly Roger

I used the exact same procedure to check my appointment. I also found that my original booking code didn't work.

I've tried for several days now on both my iMac and a Windows-based laptop, using both Chrome and IE Explorer, followed all the instructions, etc. Still can't get to the window where I can make an appointment. Would it suffice to email one of the email addresses given and request an appointment on a certain date, perhaps with a list of alternate dates? Or can I go to Immigration and ask for an appointment in 60 days?

I've tried for several days now on both my iMac and a Windows-based laptop, using both Chrome and IE Explorer, followed all the instructions, etc. Still can't get to the window where I can make an appointment. Would it suffice to email one of the email addresses given and request an appointment on a certain date, perhaps with a list of alternate dates? Or can I go to Immigration and ask for an appointment in 60 days?

http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/queue-online.html

http://www.chiangmai...eue-online.html

Thanks, Thailand. Your link worked fine - not sure what is wrong with my machines.

http://www.chiangmai...eue-online.html

Thanks, Thailand. Your link worked fine - not sure what is wrong with my machines.

I am guessing no problems with your machines but perhaps when you got to the page after you clicked on the online check in button you were clicking on the "English" version which will not work.

Have to click on the Thai version th.gifThai . smile.pngTIT

About 3 months ago l booked and printed out an appointment for renewing my 1 year extention of stay. I understand that now you are not able to book an appointment if it is over 100 days prior to the date l requested. Does this mean l have to re-book my appointment or will my previous request be accepted, I booked for 24 September so this is still out of the 100 days so cannot re-book until next week. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

About 3 months ago l booked and printed out an appointment for renewing my 1 year extention of stay. I understand that now you are not able to book an appointment if it is over 100 days prior to the date l requested. Does this mean l have to re-book my appointment or will my previous request be accepted, I booked for 24 September so this is still out of the 100 days so cannot re-book until next week. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

I asked about this last week and was told by a uniform, that if you made a booking before the 100 days notification was issued, it will stand.

Come September I will find out. coffee1.gif

See post 188.

"I made an appointment in January 2012 for the 2nd week in September, retirement visa one year renewal.

I immediately canceled the new appointment using the new code provided."

Edited by Thailand

I asked about this last week and was told by a uniform, that if you made a booking before the 100 days notification was issued, it will stand.

Come September I will find out. coffee1.gif

We'll find out in August. One nice thing I noticed when glancing at the queue webpage is that they now have appointments by the half hour. I think that will help many trying to use the appointment system.

One nice thing I noticed when glancing at the queue webpage is that they now have appointments by the half hour. I think that will help many trying to use the appointment system.

It was obvious hour slots were too long. In and out in 15 minutes and the woman was on her mobile and disappeared like a bat out of.....Glad to see someone at immigration noticed too.

Attended CM immigration for my 10am appointment yesterday. Documents were taken at 9:50 and was called by the officer dealing with retirement extensions at 10:20, she had already stamped my passport and she just wanted the 1,900 Baht. I didn't even go in to her desk. Waited 30 minutes for my receipt, so completed within one hour.

The on line queuing system doesn't speed up the process...it just means you don't have to be there at 7 am.

Thanks for a helpful thread. It will be much nicer I think to have an appointment

already booked for my first 1 year extension based on marriage.

I want to book one now but wanted to ask/double check that my time line is correct.

I entered Thailand on Non-Imm Type O 90 day visa on 30 May 2012

Stamp in my passport upon entry reads Admitted Till 27th August 2012

So would I schedule for anytime I can find open in the last 30 days of this Visa?

I am doing a 1 year extension based on marriage.

Is it correct I can make an appointment for anytime in August between 1st & 27th then?

I am not worried about squeezing the most out of this 90 day visa & prefer to get the extension

done.

Thanks for any help

PS: Also once you have an appointment there is no need to take a number upon arrival I assume?

Do they just call your name then?

Edited by flying

Thanks for a helpful thread. It will be much nicer I think to have an appointment

already booked for my first 1 year extension based on marriage.

I want to book one now but wanted to ask/double check that my time line is correct.

I entered Thailand on Non-Imm Type O 90 day visa on 30 May 2012

Stamp in my passport upon entry reads Admitted Till 27th August 2012

So would I schedule for anytime I can find open in the last 30 days of this Visa?

I am doing a 1 year extension based on marriage.

Is it correct I can make an appointment for anytime in August between 1st & 27th then?

I am not worried about squeezing the most out of this 90 day visa & prefer to get the extension

done.

Thanks for any help

PS: Also once you have an appointment there is no need to take a number upon arrival I assume?

Do they just call your name then?

You don't "lose" any of your 90 days. The extension begins when that is completed.

• Like 1

I went to do an EXTENSION OF STAY (TM7) yesterday, it was my first. I had booked an on-line appointment for 14:30.

When I arrived the officer at the first desk as you go in just said "sit down and wait for your name to be called", he did not take any paperwork from me, so nobody knew I was there.

At 14:40 I went to one of the "RETIREMENT VISA" desks and asked a very polite lady if I should just sit and wait or what?

She briefly examined my passport and told me:

The expiry date I should be concerned with is not that of my 1 year Non "O" from Hull (UK) based on age which expires on 22 June, but the ADMITTED TO date on my TM6 Departure card, which is 22 August.

This surprised me because by then my visa will have expired so how can it be extended?

Anyway, I am just seeking reassurance that she has not invented some "rules" for herself and that it is the TM6 end date that is the one to work to.

Many thanks

Dave

Mr. Howden,

I appreciate that you are new to Thailand, but asking for advice here, even though it refers to the Chiang Mai Immigration office, may lead to unneeded confusion for you. I suggest, once again, that there are better general very well-moderated threads on immigration questions to use to seek advice, if you prefer forum advice. But I now more forcefully suggest, as seemed unwelcomed by you before, that you seek paid (but not very expensive) assistance from a firm that you will find through the Expats Club. They are very good at answering questions such as yours.smile.png