BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Tywais

Immigration On-Line Queue System

When I went in and did my 90 day report immigration told me I should book on-line next time and then the lady behind the counter helped me do it since I has my laptop with me. I was following the instructions I was told by an immigration official and trying to repeat for my next date. Now I'm being told here that I abused the booking system. Since all facts are out (not that they were needed for my post) perhaps someone could be helpful with an answer to my question. Thanks.

Please read the very first post in this topic. Suspect a misunderstanding regarding 90 day.

When I went in and did my 90 day report immigration told me I should book on-line next time and then the lady behind the counter helped me do it since I has my laptop with me. I was following the instructions I was told by an immigration official and trying to repeat for my next date. Now I'm being told here that I abused the booking system. Since all facts are out (not that they were needed for my post) perhaps someone could be helpful with an answer to my question. Thanks.

Please read the very first post in this topic. Suspect a misunderstanding regarding 90 day.

More than likely.

Wasn't it immigration themselves that said that the online booking system was for visa renewals etc. applications that would take a fair amount of time hence the 1 hour time difference between appointments?

I just removed a troll post suggesting that moderators know more than immigration on this. Either some are just dense, selfish or just argumentative. It doesn't take much thought of the implications of using the queue system for 90 day report - it takes 4 times as many queue slots up as annual extensions (4 90 day reports/year) and there are only 6 available per day. Now I have 5 pieces of information that says it is to be used ONLY for visa extensions. I had to reserve a spot 6 months in advance due to being filled up.

1. The main webpage queue link

2. The queue application form

3. The queue card

4. Statement by immigration in their comment section it is for annual extensions

5. Statement by immigration via e-mail it is for annual extensions.

post-566-0-41729100-1330931536_thumb.jpg

Front page

post-566-0-39646400-1330931544_thumb.jpg

Queue entry form

post-566-0-40930400-1330931554_thumb.jpg

Queue card

• Like 1

I went to CM Immigration tuesday last week, 6:05 in the morning, two sleeping asian girls at the door, no book, i scrounged a dodgy piece of paper and put a borrowed table in front of the door and started a list.

Someone came with keys at 7:15 ... there was a dozen souls outside but she didn't bring the appointment book out.

Both sides of my piece of paper (and the margins) were full of numbers and names

08:10 the door opened ... there was quite a crowd rushing for numbers inside.....

Despite being number one I wasn't called for over an hour.

Strangely after my paperwork was completed half the room was empty.

I'm thinking of doing the 90 day by mail next time but otherwise show up around 11am.

The office needs relocating to the hang dong site where they do the driving licenses.and put a number issuing machine outside.

It is far, far too small an office to deal with what it needs to do and that is obvious. They keep talking about 'Amazing Thailand' and come here and then make it as difficult as possible. To be fair there have been improvements but the system is at breaking point.

The first thing to do is SCRAP 90 day reporting which is a waste of time and SAVE 1000s man hours and queue time rather than relocate.

Its pretty obvious that the CM immigration office is greatly overcrowded thesedays,and, to my mind the 90 day reporters seem to be in ascendance. Years ago the 90 day buisness was conducted in the separate building on the left of the site.

I dont know what it is used for thesedays but it would be well worth the officers to consider returning the 90 dayers to that building. It would halve the overcrowding in the present office.

Otherwise I can only congratulate the staff,especialy when I read about the circus's that occur in other immigration offices as reported on ThaiVisa.

• Like 1

Thanks for that gennisis.

I read here recently that the hundreds of (largely Burmese) migrant workers who have had to report, after the amnesty for their stay was declared a year or so ago (whew...awfully long sentence I know), are now being directed to that left side building. So no, farang retirees and other long stay people probably do not want to go into that building at this point, unless directed to do so.

This is a work in progress.

CM Imm is swamped, and they are using some innovative solutions other immigration offices are not providing.

I believe someone mentioned the other day that CM Imm's queue ticket/e-gov system...is the first trial of this nationwide. No way of knowing if that is true, but if it is- big round of applause to them for this effort.

I just removed a troll post suggesting that moderators know more than immigration on this. Either some are just dense, selfish or just argumentative. It doesn't take much thought of the implications of using the queue system for 90 day report - it takes 4 times as many queue slots up as annual extensions (4 90 day reports/year) and there are only 6 available per day. Now I have 5 pieces of information that says it is to be used ONLY for visa extensions. I had to reserve a spot 6 months in advance due to being filled up. 1. The main webpage queue link 2. The queue application form 3. The queue card 4. Statement by immigration in their comment section it is for annual extensions 5. Statement by immigration via e-mail it is for annual extensions. post-566-0-41729100-1330931536_thumb.jpg Front page post-566-0-39646400-1330931544_thumb.jpg Queue entry form post-566-0-40930400-1330931554_thumb.jpg Queue card

It appears that this is not just a problem with slots being taken up by 90 day people.

It's also folks who didn't read info above regarding disabling pop-up blocker; entering the queue ticket system through the main page of CM Imm (the Thai language page, not the English version), etc.

People who've scooped up 5 slots mistakenly, because they haven't read the instructions here how to do it...I'm sorry, but that is so wrong.

Tywais offered a very comprehensive and clear tutorial on navigating the CM Imm site, and how to book an appt through the queue ticket system, at the beginning of this pinned topic.

Not everyone is a computer wizard, I know. Clicking 5 times on a reservation button, and reserving up pretty much a full day's worth of appointments.......It's no wonder all slots are booked for the next 6 months+. And possibly 80% of them are spurious and mistaken bookings.

If you don't know what you are doing, and have limited comprehension of computer related skills, and can't be buggered to read the instructions Tywais posted on how to do this- please just go down to Imm like you always did, and don't mess it up for others.

And no, I don't speak for Thai Immigration, but I am 100% certain that they would agree entirely with what I am stating here.....jap.gif

I just removed a troll post suggesting that moderators know more than immigration on this. Either some are just dense, selfish or just argumentative. It doesn't take much thought of the implications of using the queue system for 90 day report - it takes 4 times as many queue slots up as annual extensions (4 90 day reports/year) and there are only 6 available per day. Now I have 5 pieces of information that says it is to be used ONLY for visa extensions. I had to reserve a spot 6 months in advance due to being filled up. 1. The main webpage queue link 2. The queue application form 3. The queue card 4. Statement by immigration in their comment section it is for annual extensions 5. Statement by immigration via e-mail it is for annual extensions. post-566-0-41729100-1330931536_thumb.jpg Front page post-566-0-39646400-1330931544_thumb.jpg Queue entry form post-566-0-40930400-1330931554_thumb.jpg Queue card

It appears that this is not just a problem with slots being taken up by 90 day people.

It's also folks who didn't read info above regarding disabling pop-up blocker; entering the queue ticket system through the main page of CM Imm (the Thai language page, not the English version), etc.

People who've scooped up 5 slots mistakenly, because they haven't read the instructions here how to do it...I'm sorry, but that is so wrong.

Tywais offered a very comprehensive and clear tutorial on navigating the CM Imm site, and how to book an appt through the queue ticket system, at the beginning of this pinned topic.

Not everyone is a computer wizard, I know. Clicking 5 times on a reservation button, and reserving up pretty much a full day's worth of appointments.......It's no wonder all slots are booked for the next 6 months+. And possibly 80% of them are spurious and mistaken bookings.

If you don't know what you are doing, and have limited comprehension of computer related skills, and can't be buggered to read the instructions Tywais posted on how to do this- please just go down to Imm like you always did, and don't mess it up for others.

And no, I don't speak for Thai Immigration, but I am 100% certain that they would agree entirely with what I am stating here.....jap.gif

And that could compromise the system for all of us!

The online queuing system is for many people a significant improvement over what existed before, but it seems to be totally inadequate to service everyone who needs to extend a retirement visa, never mind other time-consuming services requiring appointments. Only six slots per day are offered, which means less than 1560 slots per year if holidays are subtracted. I'm sure Chiang Mai has far more retirees than that. However, I was told by a fellow farang that he thought three appointments are scheduled for each time slot. Does anyone know whether that's the case? While the appointment system is an improvement for those able to get appointments, those who can't must start queuing very early in the morning in hopes of being seen between the scheduled appointments. I'm not sure the new system represents an improvement for them.

My visa stamps on the 26th and I got an afternoon time via the online queue for the same day . 1 year renewal.

If I dont get the visa done on that day, I have wasted the visa and over 20k baht.

What are the odds for something going for?

My visa stamps on the 26th and I got an afternoon time via the online queue for the same day . 1 year renewal.

If I dont get the visa done on that day, I have wasted the visa and over 20k baht.

What are the odds for something going for?

I don't understand the 20k baht issue, but you should be OK. I know in the past if there was a need for review and the exit date was very near, Immigration granted a 2 week extension while they reviewed it, and the review only took a few days. I really think if you have all your paperwork (if in doubt, bring it!), odds are good you will be OK.

Remember, if something goes wrong, do not display anger. Immigration has some latitude in what they do and whom they help.

Edited by mesquite

system worked well for me after I waded through the Burmese - the pain in the arse was getting the Multi-Entry Visa which they can't seem to do at the same time so started to queue again but eventually just went to counter where they processed it - 3 hours

I had a queue number but it didn't count for the re-entry permit only the retirement extension

One appointment per slot.

Mustn't overwork the little darlings.

I was told in January that this also applies to married retirees where the wife is a dependant - you must each make a booking so using up two slots.

I was told in January that this also applies to married retirees where the wife is a dependant - you must each make a booking so using up two slots.

Correct.