Tywais

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NotEinstein

I belive that you are not correct. I used your "logic" and was told by immigration that I was wrong.

They advised that the renewal date is linked to the end date of your PERMISSION TO STAY (the TM6 Departure Card) which could be up to 90 days after the expiry date of your visa (if you did a 90 day visa run a day or so before your main visa expiry date).

That is what I was told be immigration and what i am "trying" to check in case it was a "flight of fancy" by a particular officer.

I think post #201 answers my question.

NotEinstein

I belive that you are not correct. I used your "logic" and was told by immigration that I was wrong.

They advised that the renewal date is linked to the end date of your PERMISSION TO STAY (the TM6 Departure Card) which could be up to 90 days after the expiry date of your visa (if you did a 90 day visa run a day or so before your main visa expiry date).

That is what I was told be immigration and what i am "trying" to check in case it was a "flight of fancy" by a particular officer.

I think post #201 answers my question.

As I read his post Not Einstein is saying the same thing as the immigration officer.

I did a visa run just before my Hull Non O visa expired which gave me an extra 3 months after the visa "expired", and then applied for an extension.

I recently used the on-line queue system to cancel an old appointment and to make a new one. My previous booking was made before the 100-day rule was applied. That was not a problem.

I was able to view everything on-line about the changes as they happened, and I immediately received a confirming email. I printed out the card, as instructed, but you can save it to print later if need be.

Here's the url: http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/queue-online.html.

I recently used the on-line queue system to cancel an old appointment and to make a new one. My previous booking was made before the 100-day rule was applied. That was not a problem.

I was able to view everything on-line about the changes as they happened, and I immediately received a confirming email. I printed out the card, as instructed, but you can save it to print later if need be.

Here's the url: http://www.chiangmai...ue-online.html.

Just to confirm about those bookings made months ahead and before immigration introduced the 100 day limit..

I had made my annual extension booking last year for Nov 30th 2012..

With my recent postal 90 day report I added a note and asked if my Nov 2012 booking was still ok,or would I need to rebook..

Immigration have confirmed that my booking for Nov is OK and they attached a confirmation booking number.

Incidentaly,a few posters have queried the speed of the postal applications...mine was posted (registered) June 19th and the return was received today,normal post June 28th....no problem there !

As has been mentioned in previous posts there is a directive that says something like "One person per queue". I believe that to mean that each booking slot may be occupied by one person only.

I have also read a few posts where mentioned is made of appointments having been attended by "we".

Can anyone give me a positive and recent experience of having a husband/wife application for a visa extension dealt with, simultaneously, in a single appointment (time slot).

Will be appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Mr. Howden,

I appreciate that you are new to Thailand, but asking for advice here, even though it refers to the Chiang Mai Immigration office, may lead to unneeded confusion for you. I suggest, once again, that there are better general very well-moderated threads on immigration questions to use to seek advice, if you prefer forum advice. But I now more forcefully suggest, as seemed unwelcomed by you before, that you seek paid (but not very expensive) assistance from a firm that you will find through the Expats Club. They are very good at answering questions such as yours.smile.png

can i explain to you what the spirt of tv is, its to help and assist through a wide and diverse number of members,who have had first hand knowledge of nearly every situation regarding thailand,and not to be informed through a jumped up flight by night,old boys club,who ironically,propaly get there advice from tv,pompous prick.
  • Like 1

I have attempted several times to log-in to the online booking system but allways get a "server error" message , not sure if I am doing something wrong but any thoughts wopuld be most helpful.

Thanks

I have attempted several times to log-in to the online booking system but allways get a "server error" message , not sure if I am doing something wrong but any thoughts wopuld be most helpful.

Thanks

use the Thai version, see post #160

ok - tried the online system and fully booked until October ..... and my visa expires September 23rd. Oh dear. My bad.

So am I sunk? or can you get appointments other ways, late cancellations, turn up very early in morning or whatever?

This is for trying to get my first extension of stay.

Alternatives? Apply in Bangkok?

Very stressed, sorry ....

ok - tried the online system and fully booked until October ..... and my visa expires September 23rd. Oh dear. My bad.

So am I sunk? or can you get appointments other ways, late cancellations, turn up very early in morning or whatever?

You got it right.

Check for cancellations. If not set your alarm clock for an early start and set aside a few hours on that day you choose.

No need to be stressed but make sure one hundred percent sure you have all the paperwork and correct money.

Good luck.

• Like 1

You got it right.

Check for cancellations. If not set your alarm clock for an early start and set aside a few hours on that day you choose.

No need to be stressed but make sure one hundred percent sure you have all the paperwork and correct money.

Good luck.

Many thanks. I will check for cancellations, great idea.

But just to be crystal clear, if I turn up (very early) on a "random" day, I will still get to see someone, even if it appears online to be "fully booked" that day?

Thanks again,

In answer to an above observation...

I booked an appt for a retirement extension last year, for this year (Sept 2012). This is before CM Imm started the 100 day queue card reservation rule.

I have a queue card ticket, and a confirming email- both of which I've printed out.

I feel no need to cancel my original reservation, and rebook, despite the fairly recent 100 day policy.

The first year that CM Imm started the online queue system, I was one of the first to book an appt. Perhaps a day after they went online with it, and it was announced here on Thai Visa by a member.

Then they did a webpage change, and somehow my reservation was wiped out.

When I showed up last Sept 2011, they had no record of my booking on the printout at the check-in located at the center of the counter.

Someone else had my time slot!

But when I showed them my printed out queue ticket....they said no problem, we realize some errors were made, and they accomodated me after a 20 minute wait past my appt time.

I have a feeling much the same thing will happen again this year, but I am not worried about it.

I would suggest people who booked in advance (as I did) just hold tight, and take in the printed out queue ticket.

I'm certain that you will be taken care of.

smile.png

I booked an appt for a retirement extension last year, for this year (Sept 2012). This is before CM Imm started the 100 day queue card reservation rule.

I have a queue card ticket, and a confirming email- both of which I've printed out.

I feel no need to cancel my original reservation, and rebook, despite the fairly recent 100 day policy.

The first year that CM Imm started the online queue system, I was one of the first to book an appt. Perhaps a day after they went online with it, and it was announced here on Thai Visa by a member.

When I showed up last Sept 2011, they had no record of my booking on the printout at the check-in located at the center of the counter.

But when I showed them my printed out queue ticket....they said no problem, we realize some errors were made, and they accomodated me after a 20 minute wait past my appt time.

I have a feeling much the same thing will happen again this year, but I am not worried about it.

I would suggest people who booked in advance (as I did) just hold tight, and take in the printed out queue ticket.

smile.png

OK, thanks, but for people without a booking in advance. Can anyone confirm if it is worth turning up at all? Do the officials offer "on the day" queue tickets for people without online tickets?

smile.png

I was in the same situation...had booked last Dec for an appointment this November...due to the new 3 month regulation...I I queried the booking situation. Immigration replied that the booking was OK and sent me a copy of the appointment.

• Like 1

smile.png

OK, thanks, but for people without a booking in advance. Can anyone confirm if it is worth turning up at all? Do the officials offer "on the day" queue tickets for people without online tickets?

Yes 'pete66' there are still people who do not use computers. As stated previously go any working day, up to 30 days before your due date; show up early (7 AM); get in the queue and upon entry take a number. At 8 AM the ticket machine employee will show up and start calling the numbers. You will receive a ticket showing your number for service. Have a seat and don't forget to bring a book. As stated previously have all your paperwork completed ready for submission. When in doubt make a copy of it and sign the bottom of every sheet. Have the correct funds with you; dress appropriately and smile.

At least this was the way it was before the computer appointment system was initiated and I assume it is still somewhat similar. Next year make your appointment 100 days before your due date. I usually make mine 2 to 3 weeks before my due date just in case there is a hick-up. Good luck..Roger

• Like 1

smile.png

Yes 'pete66' there are still people who do not use computers. As stated previously go any working day, up to 30 days before your due date; show up early (7 AM); get in the queue and upon entry take a number. At 8 AM the ticket machine employee will show up and start calling the numbers. You will receive a ticket showing your number for service. Have a seat and don't forget to bring a book. As stated previously have all your paperwork completed ready for submission. When in doubt make a copy of it and sign the bottom of every sheet. Have the correct funds with you; dress appropriately and smile.

At least this was the way it was before the computer appointment system was initiated and I assume it is still somewhat similar. Next year make your appointment 100 days before your due date. I usually make mine 2 to 3 weeks before my due date just in case there is a hick-up. Good luck..Roger

Many thanks. I notice the online system changed yesterday. You can't check for online appointments outside the 100 day limit now. So its not work checking for cancellations online now, it just says "This day over limit 100 days".

Today I will go to Immigration and find out exactly what I need for extension of stay application. Then tomorrow will do the 7am "local queue" thing.

Next year definitely "book early to avoid stress" .... presuming this "pilot project" is still in place next year. all seems a bit of a mess to me but there you go.

smile.png

I booked my September appointment last year.

I went in a few weeks ago to enquire about the 100 day policy and was told that it will not effect people who made a booking before the policy was introduced.

I guess I'll find out for sure in the not too distant future.

Made our appointment many months ago. Went in today and waitied until the appointed time. Since making my appointment they went to appointments every 30 minutes. The problem now is that the officer can't get through some couples that are new at it or don't have the proper documents. Went up to the desk and was told by three different people, three different things. Finally the girl took it and put on the officer's desk. When we checked again after 11:00, the officer did not know we were waiting.

Once into the back the paperwork was handled extremely fast and done in 20 minutes. The hourly appointments gave them extra time, the half hour appointment get hectic and at times confusing. Same Officer has processed us 12 out of 15 times, so the women discussed everything, and I just handed the docs as required and signed whatever she threw at me.

Now have to wait until 90 days out to make an appointment for the same date for the next one. On it goes, but better with the appoinment system than without it. Progress is made, even though slow! Can remember the days without it.

^^ Ref marriage: I was told by the sergeant it is two months if you've done the extension five times already, though the very same lady said 'make sure you have the money in for three months next time' the following year. blink.png

Edited by jackr

The offcial rules are:

based on Thai wife: money needs to be seasoned 2 months

based on Thai child: no need to season money in the bank

based on retirement: money in the bank needs to be seasoned 2 months for the first time and for any extension after that 3 months. However, if you use the combination of yearly income and money in the bank there is no need to season the money.

The offcial rules are:

based on Thai wife: money needs to be seasoned 2 months

based on Thai child: no need to season money in the bank

based on retirement: money in the bank needs to be seasoned 2 months for the first time and for any extension after that 3 months. However, if you use the combination of yearly income and money in the bank there is no need to season the money.

The official rules are whatever the immigration officer feels they are at that particular moment.

There is the government information line, 1111 where you can also get information from immigration. They are known to correct an officer who doesn't comply to the rules and give an officer instructions on how to handle.

But many things are a result of miscommunication. Always stay calm and try to find out what the problem is and if need be ask to speak to a superior officer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ref. on line queing appointments and links cited above.I have just tried to do this but when I click on the relevant button I get :unable to connect. Is the system unstable or just a blip today?

Edited by Hugh Jarse

Yes, you can apply for an extension during the last 30 days of your permission to stay. So an appointment between 1 & 27th of August should be fine.

My Extension of stay is due by the 21/Nov. My 90 report is due by the 12th November . Presumably I can do both on or before the 12th Nov. ? Is this the case. Advice appreciated.

Yes, you can apply for an extension during the last 30 days of your permission to stay. So an appointment between 1 & 27th of August should be fine.

My Extension of stay is due by the 21/Nov. My 90 report is due by the 12th November . Presumably I can do both on or before the 12th Nov. ? Is this the case. Advice appreciated.

Up to 30 days before due date for your visa. 90 days- 2 weeks before 1 week after due date.

So,yes.